Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Druid or Priest ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512

Ive played WoW on and off for years however I've never played a Druids and Priest.

I'm thinking of playing a healer class. What would you suggest that is more FUN and good for all around soloing, pug's, and pvp.......Are Priest more needed ?...Im worried about Priest mana...My friend played a Druid and never had a mana problem.

My account got banded for no reason in Oct and have not played since Aug.  I called Blizzard, and have a ticket in to reactivate my account, I'm confident I'll be ok........If not I'll remove WoW from my computer for good, and play Rift

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by page

Ive played WoW on and off for years however I've never played a Druids and Priest.

I'm thinking of playing a healer class. What would you suggest that is more FUN and good for all around soloing, pug's, and pvp.......Are Priest more needed ?...Im worried about Priest mana...My friend played a Druid and never had a mana problem.

My account got banded for no reason in Oct and have not played since Aug.  I called Blizzard, and have a ticket in to reactivate my account, I'm confident I'll be ok........If not I'll remove WoW from my computer for good, and play Rift

For pvp, a healing druid has more comps / slightly stronger. Most pvp priests run shadow atm. Funny enough,  a tier one comp is resto druid - shadow priest - frost mage. For pve, both classes do pretty well atm with holy priests slightly more in demand.  

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

My two mains in WoW are a resto druid and a holy priest. Overall, the druid is more fun to play in the other aspects, but I feel the holy priest is a slightly stronger PvE healer. It simply comes down to choices - a druid is an all-in-one every character. You can basically fill any role in the game - tanking, melee dps, caster dps, cc, healing. With a priest, you have a choice between caster dps or healing. 

Disclaimer: I haven't played since shortly before Cata launched.

<3

• SideTraKdSideTraKd Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by page

I have both a level 85 Druid and a Priest.  Until Cata, the Priest had been my main since vanilla.  If I had to choose between the two, and was levelling fresh, I would choose the Druid in a heartbeat.  Druids are much quicker to level and gear, especially since you can get insta-queues as a tank (not quite so quick to get a run as a healer).  Druids are also arguably stronger healers than Priests at the moment, but the balance is getting closer.

Add to that the fact that you can change your role at any time to tank, melee, ranged or heals and it's a no-brainer.

I will always have a spot for my Priest, but my favorite toon by far is my Druid.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512

Ok thanks everyone, I'll go wit the Druid.  Thats if they re-activate my account

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,920

not played wow for a month or so but did the new patch not make disc priest the flavour of the month as regards healers?

someone currently playing can you comment on that ,its just something i read off a forum.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by hercules

not played wow for a month or so but did the new patch not make disc priest the flavour of the month as regards healers?

someone currently playing can you comment on that ,its just something i read off a forum.

You missed the follow up. Disc priests recieved a pretty large nerf in a hotfix that increased PW:S mana cost by 33%. Now, disc priests simply run out of mana too quickly to useful in pve outside of a couple of fights where barrier makes a huge difference.