Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New pvp video

shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

Watch it and lets hear what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIFWeOHndho

It was made unlisted...

Comments

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I  enjoyed that video, was pretty hilarious. " I was down at the bottom of the stairs watching you poke the wall, and i was taking damage."

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Feb 17th the CEO of the company that makes this game stated the following:

<@Maerlyn>; What sort of plans do you have for the prediction system? Do you still feel as if it needs tweaking or what, it seems as if you managed to get the prediction pretty good at one point, but now it feels a bit awkward again, any comments on that?

<@HenrikNystrom>; Well based on player made comabt videos and when we monitor the players, things looks very good.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Lmao, video is hilarious.

Love the clientside hit detection.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Quotes from the video:

"Ah god, I'm lagging like mad. I hate fraps recording."

"i'll try to get fraps of you hitting me from like a mile away"

I'm not claiming that PVP is great or even good ( My pvp experience is mostly dirtnapping in the middle of hunting/exploring) but I will point out that this video shows how bad combat is if you try to make it look bad while running another program that makes you increases you lag.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by osmunda

Quotes from the video:

I'm not claiming that PVP is great or even good ( My pvp experience is mostly dirtnapping in the middle of hunting/exploring) but I will point out that this video shows how bad combat is if you try to make it look bad while running another program that makes you increases you lag.

Fraps have no way of affecting your lag as in connection to the server, only may reduce your FPS, which is probably what the guy in the video experinced. I dont see how a bit  lower FPS (as we can see on video, it is quite allright) will make people hit you from mile away and warp around the place, running into the walls in mid air..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Quotes from the video:

Perhaps you are not familiar with the folks that made this video (since you admit to not being an active PvPer).  This was done by BRB (Enigma) etc... the folks that PvP all day, every day.   The very last thing they were doing was "trying to make it look bad" and making such an assertion really undercuts any other argument you might make.   They were trying to show Henrick that the new interpolation/prediction/whatever system doen't work when there are objects nearby.  This video was linked on the official forums and Henrick has responded with an admission that it is a valid concern but of course claims it will be fixed in a future patch...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Quotes from the video:

You're confusing low fps for server latency. I hate it, but people often refer to low fps as "lag", which is what fraps would cause given its increased load on the player's system.

However it would not affect the server connection, so any rubberbanding, latency or desync would not be related to running fraps

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yup, prediction system "working as intended".

so this one day SV was thinking that the combat just wasnt frustrating enough and decided to make it more "interesting".  they devised a system that keeps you moving in you current direction an extra 1/2 seconds only to teleport you back to your actual position once it  "realizes" you have change directions.

for example:  you are going down a slanted roof and you suddenly chage direction (the system keeps you running down for an extra 2 seconds in thin air until it realizes you are no longer going in that directino, it then sling shots you back to your actual position). by then you are running on a flat walkway and you have to suddely turn right (the system keeps you going straigh for an extra 2 seconds untill it realizes you have changed direction once again, therfore sling shotting you back into your actuall position) but by then you have already changed directions again, and on, and on, and on.......

i have no idea why they implemented this but it's absolutely horrible. the guy is friken floating in thin air 75% of the battle!!

whom ever thought of this prediction system should be fired and then beaten with a golf club. seriously HOW CAN YOU SCREW A GAME THIS BAD SV?

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Quotes from the video:

Different kind of lag.

Fraps can slow your FPS, "Graphical lag"...but cannot affect your network ping at all.

What is recorded is Network lag...