Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people whining about the chat UI and exploits not being fixed

zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

From February 22 patch notes:

Some interesting parts

General:

Improved Server and Client stability.

Added additional support for PC Game Controllers.

An issue where software overclocking would cause gameplay to appear laggy should have been resolved.

Players should no longer be prevented from moving if the Object or NPC they are interacting with despawns during the interaction.

Stealthed characters should no longer become visible if you move far away from them and then move towards them again.

The red balloons in the Vault should now weaponize properly.

Super canceling too early out of longer animating multi-hit weapon combos will now cause you to drop one or more of the attacks hits.

Social:

Added “Loot” as a new default Chat tab.

Added new configurable chat channels for “Items” and “Cash” which get routed to the “Loot” Chat tab by default.

The League message of the day is now labeled when appearing in the Chat channel.

The PS3 virtual keyboard will no longer automatically pop up in quickchat mode if you have a keyboard connected to the PS3.

Reply to tells should now continue working after opening/closing UIs.

Pressing ‘/’ (forward slash) on the keyboard will now open quick chat mode and automatically add a slash to the text field.

Current chat channel setting should now persist properly after opening/closing UIs.

Removed flashing notifications from the tabs in the Quick Chat UI.

On the Social UI the Selection focus now starts in the Who list.

Removed the flashing tab notifications on the Social UI.

Improved the layout of Voice Chat options on the Social UI.

Also quoting the official post:

Various PvP Exploits (you know which ones) have been fixed

- Read more here:  http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=21071

Comments

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Nice.  Though, I don't consider legitimate complaints "whining".  Those things needed to be fixed.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Sorry I meant whining that they are not getting fixed :)

Ofcourse they were valid complaints!

Edit: Fixed the title, thanks for pointing that out :)

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

We'll see what it looks like when the patch hits. Honestly, nothing less than a total overhaul of the chat, UI and a good difficulty nerf will bring DCUO back from the declining subs. Also don't forget the PVP exploits, poor skill/power descriptions and wimpy controller role.

While on the patch subject, who releases Valentines content on Feb 22nd???

Originally posted by jpnole

We'll see what it looks like when the patch hits. Honestly, nothing less than a total overhaul of the chat, UI and a good difficulty nerf will bring DCUO back from the declining subs. Also don't forget the PVP exploits, poor skill/power descriptions and wimpy controller role.

Difficulty nerf I find it subjective, I like it how it is for example.

As I mentioned PvP exploits are being fixed :)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

Ahh good where is masked he needs to see this think he quit playing because they we re slow on fixing the exploits.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Yeah, those damn whiners.  A few months of beta and 5 weeks post release to deal with the issues.  People need to stop complaining and be thankful for the rapid response to the issues.

I do believe they could have done it 2 weeks ago or something but I guess it's understandable since they have 2 different platforms to patch and test etc.

I'm sure that's making things slower (and knowing how Sony has to approve everything that goes on PS3 twice its making it even slower!)

If they fix the occasional sluggishness of the menus I'd be very happy.

As it is now, its kinda annoying but not game breaking for me so anything improving the experience is aces in my book :D

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Truth, every game has exploits

• LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55

Wasn't this supposed to be the valentine's day upate? Over a week late? That does not inspire confidence.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by LanceC

Wasn't this supposed to be the valentine's day upate? Over a week late? That does not inspire confidence.

I agree.... it's too late to launch the themed content. They should concentrate 100% on the chat, UI, bugs, exploits and getting the end game difficulty nerfed down to normal levels.

• KexoKexo Member Posts: 84

I'm not seeing the option to turn the filter off, WTF?

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Daffido11 said:

Yeah, those damn whiners.  A few months of beta and 5 weeks post release to deal with the issues.  People need to stop complaining and be thankful for the rapid response to the issues.

And you think SoE has "rapidly responded " to issues in this game, huh?

You haven't been playing too long, it seems

• antivenomantivenom Member UncommonPosts: 4

Ah whew! I was planning on cancelling my sub because the exploits ruined end game pvp for me. Let's hope the population picks up a bit now.

Their response to this and every other problem they've had with the game so far has been far from rapid though. It's laughable that their Valtentine's day content hasn't been released until the 22nd too! XD

Originally posted by erikk3189

Daffido11 said:

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to convey over the interwebs, sorry.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Daffid011

Originally posted by erikk3189

Daffido11 said:

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to convey over the interwebs, sorry.

Nah, I saw it :)

Always makes me laugh when people miss it though :D

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

They actually announced from the beginning that the patch would come after Valentines day, though they probably aimed for a day after, instead of a week. Seems they underestimated the delay caused by Certification for PSN. 

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Naqaj

They actually announced from the beginning that the patch would come after Valentines day, though they probably aimed for a day after, instead of a week. Seems they underestimated the delay caused by Certification for PSN. 

No, they originally said MOTHLY content updates, which was then changed to "almost monthly".

Releasing Valentines Day content after Valentines Day is just weird. It's a weekend long thing at best.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by TUX426

No, they originally said MOTHLY content updates, which was then changed to "almost monthly".

Releasing Valentines Day content after Valentines Day is just weird. It's a weekend long thing at best.

They are way off the mark on this one.  They should be releasing information on next months content  roughly a week from today.  Either they'll push next months content back again, or they'll cut the valentines day content short (which they should do) but its obvious they didn't plan on having to fix all of these issues this month.

Seriously, the amount of exploits and issues they've had over the first month needed fixing.  They chose to output everything in one single patcfh rather than employ hotfixes as issues came up... likely because of the approval process for the PS3.  

That the patch took nearly 2-3 weeks longer to get out than they were probably planning does harm the game quite a bit,  but in the end, if the problems are fixed, it will be worth it to me at least.   I won't be resubbing next month if they don't release content much closer to the monthly renewal date.   This months new content will only be there for a week before I have to renew again....  this should not be the norm for a game saying their monthly content should keep people resubbing.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

There should be ZERO reason if PS3 and PC servers are separate for the delay.  There is simply NO excuse that a patch (which should have launched on the 15th) came THIS late.

You can't tell me they were surprised by this.  I'm throwing out the brown BS flag.

Fine, PSN requires approval, blah-blah-blah.. but there is NO FREAKIN WAY you can explain off the PC patch.

I'm sorry... this has really made me wonder if SOE is TRULY just that bad.  I tried to chalk up the entire NGE thing as a one-off.  Seriously, EQ, EQ2.... I just don't understand how a company can have a truly EPIC IP and do THIS to it.

Makes me upset.

Good points weasel.  I've often found myself wondering if soe was going to release content on a "roughly" monthly schedule and those content updates were the justification for the monthly fee then shouldn't the monthly fee also follow the same "roughly" monthly schedule? 

Somehow I don't think that opting for one massive patch is going to produce a better result than several smaller patches and hotfixes.  It also begs the question of where and how these are getting tested.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by TUX426

...which will soon be changed to semi-monthly...-ish.

Not sayin' that delays are da debbal or anything.  They're pretty much inevitable in software development.  Just sayin' developers shouldn't say stuff like "monthly updates and content".  They used to say that a long time ago, and it didn't work out well then, either.  I thought most developers learned that lesson.

Regarding the PS3/PC thing - It's supposed to be in the same state (not PC version patched, PS3 not) so the PS3 delays CAN cause delays to the PC version. It only makes sense, no favoritism to one of the two groups of players etc.

Is it weird we're getting Valentine's content on the 22nd ? Yes.

Does it matter? Not really...

Would you rather have it next year just because they missed the mark by a week? 

Yes it wasn't the greatest of moves to delay this patch, however from what we've seen in MMOs in general, I find it acceptable to be like this within the first 2 months. I agree some things should be fixed earlier but unless we are THERE and KNOWING WHY AND HOW there's no way to claim anything that they slacked or they suck or boo hoo etc.

• mezlabormezlabor Member Posts: 133

Seriously If your having problems with the games difficulty its a lrn2play issue. The game needs HARDER Raids and Alerts not easier ones.  I can knock out all the Duos in 15-30 minutes without dying ever. And thats ALL of them in 15-30 minutes not one of them. The first three Alerts aren't hard once you learn them and have the right gear and the same is true for the harder of the three except a few bosses here and there its mostly a cakewalk.  once you have the right gear and a good group the raids are mostly pretty easy too.

The chat sucks I agree there it really needs a lot of work and adding a / command to open the quick chat is a bandaid on a gaping wound.  Just not enough it really does need an overhaul but its not killing the game for me. The ui is slow and Id like more options to open the exact menu I want instead of opening one then clicking to open another. Neither of these are game killers for me tho.

Originally posted by mezlabor

Seriously If your having problems with the games difficulty its a lrn2play issue. The game needs HARDER Raids and Alerts not easier ones.  I can knock out all the Duos in 15-30 minutes without dying ever. And thats ALL of them in 15-30 minutes not one of them. The first three Alerts aren't hard once you learn them and have the right gear and the same is true for the harder of the three except a few bosses here and there its mostly a cakewalk.  once you have the right gear and a good group the raids are mostly pretty easy too.

The chat sucks I agree there it really needs a lot of work and adding a / command to open the quick chat is a bandaid on a gaping wound.  Just not enough it really does need an overhaul but its not killing the game for me. The ui is slow and Id like more options to open the exact menu I want instead of opening one then clicking to open another. Neither of these are game killers for me tho.

btw regarding menus are you talking about PS3 version?

Cause I noticed sometimes I press some button on my thumbpad and it opens a specific menu so I suppose shortcuts are there but I didn't bother much...

Originally posted by zspawn

Yes it wasn't the greatest of moves to delay this patch, however from what we've seen in MMOs in general, I find it acceptable to be like this within the first 2 months. I agree some things should be fixed earlier but unless we are THERE and KNOWING WHY AND HOW there's no way to claim anything that they slacked or they suck or boo hoo etc.

Sure the game released less than 2 months ago, but these issues were reported in beta months before the game released.  Where do you draw the line?  It isn't like valentines day came as a surprise on Feb 14th either.

Considering how large and game breaking some of the issues were 2 months (or longer) is far to long to let them linger.