Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Please!!:(

Tomo2109Tomo2109 Member Posts: 100
I have problems finding the best graphics card i can get for $100, £50, and people on other forums dont really answer my questions. What is the best graphics card that i can get for my budget tht can run eq2 on impressive graphics, no lag. My comuter specs are, intel celeron 2.8ghz processor, 1gig ram. Pease someone help. :(

Michael Angelo Batio Kicks Ass

Comments

• AmatayAmatay Member Posts: 170

I am posting so that you don't feel ignored I guess.

However I have no clue what the "best" video card is. I would buy whatever you can get at $100. Them damn things are expensive so I am sorry to say that you're not going to be able to get a very good one. The one I wanna get is like, $500 or some crap.

--------------------------------------------
    # of deleted posts thus far: 1

--------------------------------------------
    # of deleted posts thus far: 1

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

It would all depend on the best place to buy and/or what is your budget. I know in Canada, you can get a radeon 9800 pro for around $250- $350 at Futureshop. Some stores will sell cheaper, I heard a few online sites will sell it even cheaper, depending on the currency bla bla. Do some checking around go to a few local computer/electronics stores or even online store websites. Those can give you a good idea on price range and best graphic card.

For your computre specs.. I have no idea if a celeron would do good with eq2.. im afraid of running it on my celeron 3.0ghz.. but only because my motherboard doesn't support AGP, so i got some crap Intel Extreme Graphic card...

Good Luck..image

Oh, almost forgot to mention. You can always save your money. Then, buy the best one when ready.. That's what i'm doing to get a p4 over my p3, and 1gb over my 512mb, but Eq2 runs decent on my main computer. P3 800mhz, 512mb, Radeon 9800pro.

JE

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

You used the £ sign i assume you are brit.

A good card for EQ2 at a good budget is R9600pro which is £61 at ebuyer.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

before you work on that graphics card, you need to work on that processor

• CheesecakeCheesecake Member Posts: 28
    The processor isn't that bad, I used to have a 900 something mhz just recenetly upgraded everything though... mmm

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    I mean the cache on the processor...not the speed.

• Tomo2109Tomo2109 Member Posts: 100
    y wats wrong with my processor's cache and what does it do/reduce

Michael Angelo Batio Kicks Ass - Go on http://www.angelo.com/html/mp3___video.html and click on the speed lives video

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I think he means its because its a celeron which is rather a weak processor.

• ZonaZona Member Posts: 33

If you have an AGP slot on your mobo, pick up the 9600. Like hercules said, it's good card.

I do not believe that you will have any problems running the game with your celeron. According to some article that I read over at pcpitstop. Celerons are alot better than they used to be.

Take care

-----

Everything Works if you let it

Everything Works if you let it

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

First thing, buy online. You will get twice the product for the money. Check this out
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-021&depa=0
    Good card for a decent price. Good luck!

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

only problem is newegg.com does not ship international...so he is going to have to find a europe shop. but for around $100 dollars i would go with the ati 9600 or geforce fx 5500. first, you will have to find a place that ships in europe.

Children In Back Seats Cause Accidents. Accidents In Back Seats Cause Children.