Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Underwater Combat Suck?

2»

Comments

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

no

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

this is the reason why GW2 is taking so long to finish, underwater combat mechanics
    they got it nailed down already that you will be using diff skills while underwater
    i just hope that it wont be gimmicky skills/builds, like when inside a junundu or skills like in BMPs and Keiran's skills in HoN
    something more customizable i hope so it wont suck
    i doubt that there will be underwater in structured pvp & WvWvW

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

from everything that I've heard, the underwater combat is so great that you're going to want to buy a bigger bathtub. People are going to start GW2 LARP at swimming pools. People will wear scuba-gear to work on casual dress day.  Kids will pass up on getting nose-rings and get "gill" tattoo's instead. People will sell t-shirts that read "I fought leviathan and all I got was this crummy t-shirt"

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by ironfungus
    "Will Underwater Combat Suck?"
    Only if you're a Fire Elementalist.
    Or uses guns.. I am pretty sure bows wouldn't work under water either.
    On the plus side is the jellyfish pet cool. :)

@Loke666 that's the second time you referenced the jellyfish, I think someone is looking forward to that pet :)

Most games do get underwater movement wrong, sluggish, difficult to control and one eye on the timer never made a good experience, really hoping Anet get it right or at least much better. I'm really hoping to see some in the next demo.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Loke666

On the plus side is the jellyfish pet cool. :)

^ Scary do nut want pls V_V

Underwater exploration sounds cool. I doubt that they will just make you unable to drown without any appropriate measures though. Same as in WOW; as an engineer you could make a helmet thingy to gain permanent underwater time. Alternatively cast spells / use pots, etc. Could be something like that I suppose, they'll just make it easy to get I think.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Fear not the Water, Fear what comes from it.

" Charlie Mike "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA