Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very bad decisions for the actual game design choices (besides the much talked about technical stuff

GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

Crafting-The games crafting is very shallow, all crafters just grind to max level as fast as they can to make the best stuff since (when people have leveled more) people will only want T10 gear. Why? b/c there is no use for lower Tier gear due to it being in every way inferior to higher tier stuff, so there is no demand for them.

Also, the fact that you have seperate crafting/combat points is dumb b/c if I want to be pure crafter, I still must combat to get combat points due to the fact that i'll be a weakling and die all the time if I don't. Also I can't advance the way I want, if I want to be a crafter but don't want to grind by making 1000's of items just so that I can try to get up to making T10 stuff so that I can actually make money b/c the demand is really only there (I know this isn't the case this early on but in a few months when people lvl up more this will happen.)

As someone on there forums said:  " Currently resources are a joke. The actual crafting of an item has almost zero risk. Once you've trained a recipe you can pretty much make it at will for resources you can get from trivial mobs."

Most players I know have realized this and either 1) Now craft their own gear or 2) Guildies craft it. At this rate I doubt there will be any economy. I'm also pretty sure I've already looted T7 materials(and can get them at will). I'll verify when the server comes up.

No customization like SWG, just get mats like WoW except for hear you have to go through a bunch of steps but it's basically the same. They had "designs" where you could alter the item stats, but I heard they didn't make it in game. (Another promised feature that isn't in.) Thus you can't make a name for yourself as a crafter like in SWG, all crafters will be pretty much the same, even more so with the equipment tier issue.

And of course the fact that there is no risk reward either for the ganker as there are no long lasting penalties even for killing our own faction, nor is there much risk for other players with the insurince system where you can insure all your gear so cheaply. No risk or reward for either side, so the game becomes a giant quake arena deathmatch, not a sandbox with consequences.

Not to mention the Tiers are so far away from eachother in terms of how powerful they are that someone can mob the floor with you if they are just one Tier above you, it's equipment grind centric like any themepark. Imagine when people get to Tier 10 and the just go after T0-3 players for fun, and these players are utterly defenseless against them, then ragequit and the games population will go down as newbs keep getting ganked with no way to defend themselves.

Your forced to PVE, even for crafting you have to for mats, the PVE is almost as liniar as any themepark, go to one area with mobs of a certain BR, ones you outlevel that area go to the next etc. So linear themepark progression basically, except that there is a bunch of ganking but that doesn't make a sandbox. Siege warfare won't change this either as many themeparks have that.

Then the fact that people can switch entire builds fairly easily in battle, I thought the concept of equipment and devices restricting your abilaties you can use was supposed to force you to pick a certain role in battle not just be all in one, thus leveling would increase your options but not your power ones you hit a certain plateau. But no, anyone can switch bulds fairly easily which makes you wonder why they even had the concept of devices and primary abilaties being attached to certain weapon types in the first place.

Not to mention the insurince system, the devs in one interview said that they wanted it to be so that newer players couldn't afford as much insurince as older players so they had more risk of losing items at the beginning but later on will be able to insure all items realatively easily, I know that was in an interview and i'm trying to find it and when I do I'll show you what I mean. But this is like the exact opposite of what it should do. Making newbs risk much more for low level items while higher lvl players with high tier items have much less risk? WTF?

Then the fact that insuring the best weapon in the game is just as expensive to insure as the worst b/c insurince isn't tied to item value or quality. So there is absolutely no incentive to use lower level items like in say EVE b/c not only are high tier items many times better then low level items, but there is no risk of losing them since high level players have more money and can afford to insure them, and there just as cheap to insure as low tier items.

So what do you guys think?

Comments

• LobreezeLobreeze Member Posts: 12

This may seem like a rant but he hits the nail pretty much on the head. This game is nothing like it was advertised despite what the rabid fanbois will try to spin you.

The game isn't even a sandbox. The only sandbox-ish feature is the classless leveling. You are still forced in a linear questing/grinding path a la WoW

EDIT:

To make it worse the quests are all the same, kill x mod y times or kill x mob for y loot. Every. Single. One.

• DocProjectDocProject Member Posts: 49

Your entire post was a serious pain to read. Even though it was broken up by punctuation and paragraphs it felt like one giant run on sentence, but I did manage to get through it all somehow. Cleary English is not your first language so it doesn't matter much. Since you asked here is what I think.

Crafting - First off it is not "very shallow". It is not nearly as intricate as what some of us had hoped for but the mere fact that quality of resources/mats are tied to the outcome of the item make it less shallow then 95% of the crafting systems in MMO's out there. It doesn't take much player skill for crafting, just a lot of patience and determination. You say there will be no demand for lower tier gear (lets say 4+ because of vendor gear) and that everyone will want t10. Well of course everyone will want the better gear, but it doesn't mean they can or will be able to obtain it. The first limiting factor is that you have to buy the necessary skills to be able to equip the gear so people can not instantly jump from starter gear to t10. You also understand that the resources for t10 gear are supposed to be tied to territory control. This means you shouldn't just go grind mobs for mats to make the higher tier gears. I don't understand why you think there will be a non-existant middle tier market just because there is something better out there. It depends on how they balance the incoming rarer resources. If it is well balanced then there will definately be a need for middle tier gear besides the fact that non everyone will be able to afford/acquire/equip the higher stuff. Its really on Mastheads end to make the economy function properly.

As far as designs go for gear customization. I'm not sure where you heard they weren't in game, they are. There is only a limited selection right now for each piece of gear but they have said they wanted to expand them, we will see. But its clear you haven't spent a large deal of time with the crafting system though, so not much else needs to be said on that.

I do agree on the penalties for murder (killing neutrals or same faction) are not where they should be at at all. This is even worse without a proper flagging mechanic or ability to wardec. This needs to be addressed. I don't think its so much of a design decision like you imply, but more in their inablity to get everything they wanted to in game (Bounty Hunters, Criminal hub, proper guards, etc.) Like most things with this game, come back in 6 months to see where it's at.

I don't know where you get the idea that "leveling" is linear. You do understand that there are multiple areas where you can grind out similar BP level mobs. They are not all in one area, then move onto the next like you imply. Sure there isn't any reason to go to an area that you have "outleveled" currently, but there is no you have to go to this area to grind on this BP "level" mob.

I agree on the insurance system being a joke. We mentioned that a year ago when details came out on it. We mentioned it in beta. They continue to mention it into release. Masthead has stated their reason for low cost (relative) is because of siege warfare and dying dozens of times or whatnot. I don't think they have designed this system well either but I suppose only time will tell.

Tl;dr: I think most of what you consider poor design concepts I consider unfinished design. Regardless the game is incomplete, everyone knows that. That's why most people are waiting still.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

That's why most of MMO games fail, the progression is vertical not horizontal. Higher level should mean more options ( let it be allow you to craft RPG on level 10 but just pistols on level 1. ) but not more power.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

All the issues we're talking about were allready spoken about in the beta, and I mean some month ago and not just the last two weeks of it.

Masthead simply didn't listen to the testers/players.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

pretty much why I didn't buy the game. When will game companies learn to make good sandbox games? I hate to say it, but it seems like AV is finally getting it, although it appears that AV is taking DFO to a direction I don't completely agree with they are making it more SANDBOX instead of less. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Originally posted by Gintoh

Crafting-The games crafting is very shallow, all crafters just grind to max level as fast as they can to make the best stuff since (when people have leveled more) people will only want T10 gear. Why? b/c there is no use for lower Tier gear due to it being in every way inferior to higher tier stuff, so there is no demand for them.

This is complete and utter crap. You clearly haven't even started crafting or researched how it works. The crafting is very intuitive and deep. You have multiple options to you, and each player must choose a select few tree's to master to be truly effective at their craft. There are multiple types of crafting, and players can choose to either specialize in processing, disassembling, recycling, production, all these crafts rely upon each other in order for one to work. Players can specialize completely in recycling/processing, while they supply production crafters with the resources/parts they need to create armor/weapons/devices etc. People need to work together, no one person can be completely self reliant. 

Also, there will always be use for lower tier gier, there will always be players with lower levels/higher levels to sell gear to. And do you really expect a level 1 weapon to have some kind of superiority to a level 10 weapon? Hello, anyone in there mcfly?

Also, the fact that you have seperate crafting/combat points is dumb b/c if I want to be pure crafter, I still must combat to get combat points due to the fact that i'll be a weakling and die all the time if I don't. Also I can't advance the way I want, if I want to be a crafter but don't want to grind by making 1000's of items just so that I can try to get up to making T10 stuff so that I can actually make money b/c the demand is really only there (I know this isn't the case this early on but in a few months when people lvl up more this will happen.)

Why is this dumb? What so you expect people to level their combat traits/skills as they craft? Are you seriously proposing someone should be able to sit at a crafting station and grind day in day out to 'end game'? Why would anyone choose to not craft if crafting levelled up their combat too? This makes no sense. People can choose to be full crafter, full soldier or both. Everyone can craft the way they want, you can even be a collector/scavenger and sell the parts to crafters if you're not bothered about crafting. These will always be needed for craft parts and recycling to earn you crafting points which allow you to improve/skill up your chosen craft tree.  Of course you have to ''grind''/level up your craft, do you expect people to be able to just collect all the parts and go straight to making T10 equipment? You really didn't think this 'review' through did you.

As someone on there forums said:  " Currently resources are a joke. The actual crafting of an item has almost zero risk. Once you've trained a recipe you can pretty much make it at will for resources you can get from trivial mobs."

There is nothing wrong with this. This isn't wow or any other theme-park crafter where you throw everything into a cauldron and 'whizz pop' out pops 'special super duper lucky roll item'. You find and/or craft the best components from around the world if you want the best gear/final outcome. If you want a crappy/poor quality item you use poor/crappy ingredients. It completely depends on the ingredients/components you use. This makes perfect sense. Why would someone who knew how to build something have a chance to just 'break' it while making it, or have a chance to miraculously create something spontaniously epic? Its what you put in.

Basically, if you want a decent, quality item with superior durability/damage you will need to find/grind for the 'excellent' quality parts, and then recycle/process those into 'excellent' parts equally, which requires higher level crafting + higher level crafting stations. It's not trivial at all. 

No customization like SWG, just get mats like WoW except for hear you have to go through a bunch of steps but it's basically the same. They had "designs" where you could alter the item stats, but I heard they didn't make it in game. (Another promised feature that isn't in.) Thus you can't make a name for yourself as a crafter like in SWG, all crafters will be pretty much the same, even more so with the equipment tier issue.

What kind of cutomization are you talking about? If you mean stats, there are plenty of chances to customize the stats and/or produce a crappy item or exceptional item. Power armor/protection armor etc. It all depends how much time and effort you put into it as a crafter. There's also blueprints which allow you to alter range and other attributes of a gun. In terms of visuals, no there is no customization as of yet but its on the way in a patch according to MHS. 

And of course the fact that there is no risk reward either for the ganker as there are no long lasting penalties even for killing our own faction, nor is there much risk for other players with the insurince system where you can insure all your gear so cheaply. No risk or reward for either side, so the game becomes a giant quake arena deathmatch, not a sandbox with consequences.

The Criminal system works just fine, it just needs to last longer and not deterioriate so quickly. I honestly don't know what game you've played, but you must be trolling. No risk? Tell that to my guild who were repeatedly being hunted/sniped last night by two lone opponents from the opposite faction. It's not easy/cheap to lose your high Tier weaponry and/or the money it cost to insure it repeatedly in battle. Nor is it healthy to lose the durability on your gear and all the loot you may have acquired without banking. 

Not to mention the Tiers are so far away from eachother in terms of how powerful they are that someone can mob the floor with you if they are just one Tier above you, it's equipment grind centric like any themepark. Imagine when people get to Tier 10 and the just go after T0-3 players for fun, and these players are utterly defenseless against them, then ragequit and the games population will go down as newbs keep getting ganked with no way to defend themselves.

Completely untrue, i can deal some decent damage to my T5 friend who is in full T5 armor with my T2 crappy free weapon. Granted in a 1on1 fight its highly unlikely i'd win, but in a battle scenario i am by no means ineffective to higher tiered players. But then what do you expect? There has to be some benefit to levelling your char and getting better gear. You are simply compaining for the sake of complaining. This isn't a shooter, its an RPG where progression trumps non-progression. Hello?

Your forced to PVE, even for crafting you have to for mats, the PVE is almost as liniar as any themepark, go to one area with mobs of a certain BR, ones you outlevel that area go to the next etc. So linear themepark progression basically, except that there is a bunch of ganking but that doesn't make a sandbox. Siege warfare won't change this either as many themeparks have that.

Where do you expect resources/mats to come from for crafting? Do you expect to just make them from thin air? I mean seriously, sure you could sit in the AH all day and buy up resources all day, but you'd have to be damn rich. You can also find low level mobs on the other side of the entire map from the starter zone. Linear? As soon as i log in i can travel to the other side of the map (which takes hours) and start killing equal tier mobs. So far you have been so wrong in every part of your 'review' im not sure you even played for longer than an hour.

Then the fact that people can switch entire builds fairly easily in battle, I thought the concept of equipment and devices restricting your abilaties you can use was supposed to force you to pick a certain role in battle not just be all in one, thus leveling would increase your options but not your power ones you hit a certain plateau. But no, anyone can switch bulds fairly easily which makes you wonder why they even had the concept of devices and primary abilaties being attached to certain weapon types in the first place.

The game is a skill based open sandbox. I can specialize in melee blades/shotguns/snipers/assault rifles if i really wanted to. But it would take me months and a lot of time and dedication to master everything, as well as have optimum tactics/abilities/devices/blueprints for those weapons/skills etc. You cannot 'switch' entire builds in combat, its called changing weapon lol.

Then the fact that insuring the best weapon in the game is just as expensive to insure as the worst b/c insurince isn't tied to item value or quality. So there is absolutely no incentive to use lower level items like in say EVE b/c not only are high tier items many times better then low level items, but there is no risk of losing them since high level players have more money and can afford to insure them, and there just as cheap to insure as low tier items.

It is currently too cheap to insure all your equipped items ill agree, but it isn't cheap to insure everything in your inventory as well. I'll agree with you here, they need to increase the cost to insure your equipped gear, and it should scale with tier. But it's definitely not a given that you are always insured, and if you are battling/open pvp you will lose a lot of money/insurance and/or gear.

Overall i think you really need to look into the game some more, as i did. At first i believed you, but after playing for an entire day yesterday and really getting into the game its a lot deeper than you think.

You should stop being such a blind fanboi there D_TOX and start playing the game without your pink glasses on.

Yes the game has potential, but Masthead got allmost everything wrong at the moment. They need to heavily tweak their numbers for crafting, gear-stats, insurance etc and they need to increase penalties for PKing aswell. Then they might see some players coming in.

Originally posted by Yalexy

You should stop being such a blind fanboi there D_TOX and start playing the game without your pink glasses on.

Yes the game has potential, but Masthead got allmost everything wrong at the moment. They need to heavily tweak their numbers for crafting, gear-stats, insurance etc and they need to increase penalties for PKing aswell. Then they might see some players coming in.

Translation: I didn't even read your counter arguments to OP's rant and i refuse to believe someone else is having fun with Earthrise. 

They didn't get everything wrong, but i honestly don't care what you thnk Yalexy. I'm by no means a blind fanboy, there is a sh*t load of work to be done, but im not running around exclaiming the game is a complete failure either. As you can read above, there's plenty working and things to do.  I'm having fun i've laid down my experience after playing for longer than an hour unlike OP. Take it or leave it. 

I did read your arguments but I don't agree with them, as all these things could and should've been solved by Masthead allready. We told them for several month about all the flaws in their design and the discrepancy for the equipment-tiers etc.

Masthead didn't listen for all those month of beta-testing, so what makes you think that they do listen now?

There's simply no reason currently to play Earthrise instead of Unreal Tournament or Quake.

I did read your arguments but I don't agree with them, as all these things could and should've been solved by Masthead allready. We told them for several month about all the flaws in their design and the discrepancy for the equipment-tiers etc.

Masthead didn't listen for all those month of beta-testing, so what makes you think that they do listen now?

There's simply no reason currently to play Earthrise instead of Unreal Tournament or Quake.

Huh? Everything i said above is in-game and working... Look, you beta tested the game, big whoop. We're 2 weeks into retail now, you obviously didn't buy the game so what do you hope to achieve making big statements about MHS post-launch? You're not playing, therefore your opinion is skewered. 

Originally posted by D_TOX

Huh? Everything i said above is in-game and working... Look, you beta tested the game, big whoop. We're 2 weeks into retail now, you obviously didn't buy the game so what do you hope to achieve making big statements about MHS post-launch? You're not playing, therefore your opinion is skewered. 

It's not about the features being ingame or not, please go re-read if you didn't understand. It's about the features being implemented poorly and unbalanced.

And yes, I know what I'm talking about.

• GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

It's not about it being unfinished it's about major flaws in the core game design.

It's not about it being unfinished it's about major flaws in the core game design.

Please elaborate. My post on the previous page shows exactly how things are working just fine. I want to know what constitutes the major flaws you point out. And ill tell you if i agree or not. 

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189

Please elaborate. My post on the previous page shows exactly how things are working just fine. I want to know what constitutes the major flaws you point out. And ill tell you if i agree or not. 

Don't you get tired of defending such a game?

I have friends that bought and also played in beta. Practically nothing  has changed, OP statement is fairly accurate.

D_TOX is clearly a masthead cheerleader. Its fine and all that you are enjoying the game, but that still doesn't make it good. It is in terrible shape and should have been in developement for at LEAST another six months.

The desync problem still isn't fixed, and masthead even admitted that it probably wont be fixed in the first client patch in a MONTH since launch.

What a complete joke. Having to relog because you died or ran for too long is unacceptable in a full loot MMO where you can get ganked zoning in.

Great game..........

EDIT: 

I myself was in beta so I know full well first hand how bad it was and basically still is.

This is complete and utter crap. You clearly haven't even started crafting or researched how it works. The crafting is very intuitive and deep. You have multiple options to you, and each player must choose a select few tree's to master to be truly effective at their craft. There are multiple types of crafting, and players can choose to either specialize in processing, disassembling, recycling, production, all these crafts rely upon each other in order for one to work. Players can specialize completely in recycling/processing, while they supply production crafters with the resources/parts they need to create armor/weapons/devices etc. People need to work together, no one person can be completely self reliant. 

Also, there will always be use for lower tier gier, there will always be players with lower levels/higher levels to sell gear to. And do you really expect a level 1 weapon to have some kind of superiority to a level 10 weapon? Hello, anyone in there mcfly?

My point is why on earth would anyone craft lower tier items when everyone maxes out, in EVE there is always demand for say frigs, b/c even though they are not is powerful as higher lvl ones there is still use for them, thus the good economy.

Why is this dumb? What so you expect people to level their combat traits/skills as they craft?

Are you seriously proposing someone should be able to sit at a crafting station and grind day in day out to 'end game'? Why would anyone choose to not craft if crafting levelled up their combat too?

B/c it's expensive to get the parts and many people don't like crafting and it would maybe take longer.

This makes no sense. People can choose to be full crafter, full soldier or both.

Not really, ones everyone gets to T10 i'm forced to also b/c if I don't i'll be ganked as soon as I walk out of town.

Everyone can craft the way they want, you can even be a collector/scavenger and sell the parts to crafters if you're not bothered about crafting. These will always be needed for craft parts and recycling to earn you crafting points which allow you to improve/skill up your chosen craft tree.  Of course you have to ''grind''/level up your craft, do you expect people to be able to just collect all the parts and go straight to making T10 equipment? You really didn't think this 'review' through did you.

See above.

There is nothing wrong with this. This isn't wow or any other theme-park crafter where you throw everything into a cauldron and 'whizz pop' out pops 'special super duper lucky roll item'.

The point is rescource collection is a joke. IDK where you got something about WoW or some such. I'd much rather harvest materials then just be forced to grind mobs from them.

You find and/or craft the best components from around the world if you want the best gear/final outcome. If you want a crappy/poor quality item you use poor/crappy ingredients. It completely depends on the ingredients/components you use. This makes perfect sense. Why would someone who knew how to build something have a chance to just 'break' it while making it, or have a chance to miraculously create something spontaniously epic? Its what you put in.

Basically, if you want a decent, quality item with superior durability/damage you will need to find/grind for the 'excellent' quality parts, and then recycle/process those into 'excellent' parts equally, which requires higher level crafting + higher level crafting stations. It's not trivial at all. 

I wasn't even talking about that, see above.

What kind of cutomization are you talking about? If you mean stats, there are plenty of chances to customize the stats and/or produce a crappy item or exceptional item. Power armor/protection armor etc. It all depends how much time and effort you put into it as a crafter. There's also blueprints which allow you to alter range and other attributes of a gun. In terms of visuals, no there is no customization as of yet but its on the way in a patch according to MHS. 

Still, any gun I craft will be the same as any other gun, then there are desines but any crafter can get that, not like SWG where someone works super hard to become the best at making one type of blaster, and people want the best crafter on the server not the best item.

The Criminal system works just fine, it just needs to last longer and not deterioriate so quickly. I honestly don't know what game you've played, but you must be trolling. No risk? Tell that to my guild who were repeatedly being hunted/sniped last night by two lone opponents from the opposite faction. It's not easy/cheap to lose your high Tier weaponry and/or the money it cost to insure it repeatedly in battle. Nor is it healthy to lose the durability on your gear and all the loot you may have acquired without banking. 

Yes, this is my point, a constant gankfest with no real penalty for the ganker, the fatc that they where killed over and over doesn't somehow illustrate that they game has more risk. Lets one of those two lone people from the other faction killed eachother, there is no real long lasting effects and it's easy to get back into the faction, thus you can't be a crim b/c everyone is a crim, everyone kills everyone.

Completely untrue, i can deal some decent damage to my T5 friend who is in full T5 armor with my T2 crappy free weapon. Granted in a 1on1 fight its highly unlikely i'd win, but in a battle scenario i am by no means ineffective to higher tiered players. But then what do you expect? There has to be some benefit to levelling your char and getting better gear. You are simply compaining for the sake of complaining. This isn't a shooter, its an RPG where progression trumps non-progression. Hello?

You would have to be blind not to see the absurd level of difference between tiers and how in an open pvp game this will have a horrible effect on it.

Your forced to PVE, even for crafting you have to for mats, the PVE is almost as liniar as any themepark, go to one area with mobs of a certain BR, ones you outlevel that area go to the next etc. So linear themepark progression basically, except that there is a bunch of ganking but that doesn't make a sandbox. Siege warfare won't change this either as many themeparks have that.

Where do you expect resources/mats to come from for crafting? Do you expect to just make them from thin air?

Harvesting like how every other sandbox game does it, SWG, ERntropia Universe had non-combative rescource harvesting why should I grind hundreds of mobs to get rescources, why can't I play a non-combative charecter?

I mean seriously, sure you could sit in the AH all day and buy up resources all day, but you'd have to be damn rich. You can also find low level mobs on the other side of the entire map from the starter zone. Linear? As soon as i log in i can travel to the other side of the map (which takes hours) and start killing equal tier mobs. So far you have been so wrong in every part of your 'review' im not sure you even played for longer than an hour.

See above.

The game is a skill based open sandbox. I can specialize in melee blades/shotguns/snipers/assault rifles if i really wanted to. But it would take me months and a lot of time and dedication to master everything, as well as have optimum tactics/abilities/devices/blueprints for those weapons/skills etc. You cannot 'switch' entire builds in combat, its called changing weapon lol.

MY point is is that in a few months/years the newbs will never be able to catch up to vets b/c there isn't much of a restriction as to your role in battle, so then you have a situation where you have to be the omni-class like DF.

It is currently too cheap to insure all your equipped items ill agree, but it isn't cheap to insure everything in your inventory as well. I'll agree with you here, they need to increase the cost to insure your equipped gear, and it should scale with tier. But it's definitely not a given that you are always insured, and if you are battling/open pvp you will lose a lot of money/insurance and/or gear.

Overall i think you really need to look into the game some more, as i did. At first i believed you, but after playing for an entire day yesterday and really getting into the game its a lot deeper than you think.

Ok I will maybe you will turn out to be right.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

@D_Tox: Just because a player can specialise doesn't mean they will and specialization does not make a crating system have depth. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Well I like the idea that everyone must find there own specialization b/c there are so many steps in crafting that you can't really do it all yourself.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

Having to *die* to resolve the DMZ bug is unacceptable, particularly if anyone wants to actually use equipment other than the freebie stuff. It reduces the game to a barely playable deathmatch.

Originally posted by xpiher

@D_Tox: Just because a player can specialise doesn't mean they will and specialization does not make a crating system have depth. 

I wasn't claiming that alone made crafting deep. There's a million different components you need to make some items, which are quicker/easier to acquire sometimes by trading with other crafters/players who may deal/loot X item on a regular basis. For example. 

Your rabid fanboism is pathetic.

Just sayin.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by Lobreeze

Your rabid fanboism is pathetic.

Just sayin.

yea falling back on calling someone a fanboy because they dont agree with your OPINION...great.....so we can call you a troll now right since you dont like his?

anyway i have been playing the game since release and i have been around for a ton of mmo launches...

is this the worse launch i have ever seen for a mmo??? yes

will things get better?? not to hopeful..these guys have shown nothing but poor design choices since i have been playing.i really dont think these guys have any idea what they are doing nor do they have the money to hire people who do.

will it survive??well if mortal online can live for a year i suppose anything can.

final thoughts?game is really really bad.I like most will stick out the 2 free months and if it still doesnt look like it has rolled out of alpha by then i will move on..and they will be stuck with the 500-1000 subs who stay behind(this is a generous number).

^ lol my "opinions" about the game are  in actuallity, fact.

Just sayin'

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file