Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HoM advice

TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Hello, all.

I never played GW to any great lengths before, but being stoked for GW2 and uninterested in the current crop of MMOs has revived my interest in GW, particularly the HoM achievements that can carry over to characters in GW2.

I made a Warrior/Monk (level 7 so far) and am generally having a good time exploring/questing solo. I am at heart a PvP enthusiast (even if casual) so I'll get to that sooner rather than later.

However, since my focus is HoM achievements, I have absolutely no idea where to start. I can see what is available on the HoM website, and for some reason I have three pieces of legacy armor (from reading the plaques at the base of the statues of the gods?). I'm simply looking for a path that lets me pick up these achievements in a semi-efficient fashion. Am I too low level to even consider it? Have I missed a few before I went to Old Ascalon? Do they come gradually and naturally or do I need a solid guide to direct me? The HoM site tells me what I am missing, but not really how or where to get it.

Thanks for any help. I'm a little lost when it comes to how I should approach my HoM scavenger list.

-tal

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
  • DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

I've started playing GW about 8 months ago and found myself in the same situation as you. When HoM was activated, I was very discouraged by th 3/50 on my screen. However, now I have respectable 27 points - http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=AABAAAAwvHAAAAAAQAAAAc1FADeAAAAAkUMIAAAAAAA  - considering I'm a very casual player and even made pauses a few weeks long. I would recommend that you do the storyline until you reach eye of the north. There I found that buying miniatures was a fast and easy way to gain points. Devotion and Valor monument only require money, while the other 3 require questing, missions, rep framing etc. And if you have all of the expansions it should be somewhat easier to gain points. I personally only have prophecies and eye of the north - that's also enough for all the items. I'm sure that other players will be able to give better advice , because I just went with the flow - the opportunities of gaining hom points were appearing while I was going through the game. My advice - don't give up. It's not as hard as it seems . Earn some cash and level up and you should have no problmes. Good luck, Dam Zilla

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Thanks Nasa, Damzilla.

I guess my best bet is to go through the storyline as normal, acquire cash, the odd HoM, and when I hit EotN then things open up.

Thanks!

-tal

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Since you started with proph the very first step should be beating the champaign on easy mode with both main mission and bonus to get your first max title. Then I suggest completing the eotn main missions. From there you have a great amount of choices.