Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to sign up for Japanese server account

Jill52Jill52 Member UncommonPosts: 85

Some of you play Aeria's version of SMT. As you know, Aeria's server is behind the Japanese server on updates and patches. Ever want to look into the future and see what will come next? You need to play the Japanese server to do that.

I know many of you thought about trying to play the Japanese server but couldn't figure out Cave's website. Thanks to Alexandrya and this site: http://translation.babylon.com/japanese/to-english/ I was able to make an illustrated guide to show you how to do it. Here it is:

Step 1:

goto http://www.megatenonline.com

there you will see something like this:

once you're on the login page you will see this:

Just open the download page in a new tab or window. Just click the download button there. it's easy to find so no screenie for that. Then go to the new account signup page:

After that, you get to enter your email:

then confirm it...

and it will tell you they sent you a conformation email:

and here is the confirm email:

once you click the link in the email you get here:

After you enter your information and click the red button again you go to another page that confirms this. Click the last red button there and you're done and have a Cave account!

The downloader will be in Japanese too but the buttons are in the same places as the Aeria one so it's easy. If you need a guide for that somone else can make it lol.

I hope you enjoy invading the Japanese server and goodluck =^.^= ;

EDIT:

You will need to install and use japanese language pack to create a character. This client will not accept english text for character names.  once you do that (method tested on windows vista)  goto control panel > language and region > change keyboards or input methods > change keyboard.

there you can add japanese keyboard support. Once you do that, you can click the language bar (the little EN by your clock on the bottom) and change it to japanese.  when you do that, click the little keyboard beside where it says JP. go to microsoft IME.  ?????????????????????????and your text should look like english but with lots of space between the letters?that is what you want to use when making your character. goodluck!

...and I'll try this with other versions of windows later and see if they need anything different.

Comments

• nightraidernightraider Member UncommonPosts: 33

Great guide!

There's just one problem: the Japanese client wont let you create a character even with the Japanese language pack installed with Windows 7 Ultimate. I don't know about the other versions of windows but I assume they have the same problem.  I solved this by changing my computer's location to Japan instead of the USA in

- Control panel > Clock, Language and Region > Change Location > Location tab > Current Location = Japan. 

You have to do this BEFORE installing the game or it wont work.  You'll have to change your location back to USA to use any non-unicode regional programs and you'll have to run the game with your location as Japan or it wont work because of its regional coding.

Other than that everything in Jill's guide works and you should be able to play Cave's Japanese server by following it.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

these tuts were made to help non-japanese speakers get into their version of the game, i assume. however, does one simply run a windowed version of the game along with a browser with google translator, in order to play the game at all? also, out of curiousity is WASD or point and click their primary modes of movement and action? or do they use a different set within the keyboard/mouse setup?

thanks.

p.s. the tuts are very thorough and clear, thanks for taking the time to make sure of that. so many times folks use ambigous statements or sentences, assume too much knowledge on the part of the learner, or are just poorly done. this one is great, thanks!

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse