Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nothing New

TheFarseerTheFarseer Member Posts: 97
After playing this game for awhile, all I have to say is that there is nothing new here.

Why don't game designers build on their lore instead of going "Herpa derpa might as well make up fancy shmancy lore and then shove WoW's game mechanics onto it?". Seriously, god damn.

Comments

• True enough, but this is nothing new and you really should know that tift brings very little new stuff to the table. They have never claimed too either, do your research man and don't be surprised when a fish is a fish. I don't mind more games like this, I just wish some bigger company would take a chance on something more different, we are pretty much stuck with indie companies doing that.

Also I wish people would stop making thread about this subject, acting all surprised about the game, claiming how horrible it is that its nothing knew. We all know it, or should know it! Why on earth would this surprise anyone?!

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

The game is like they claim it to be. Even if there isn't too much new it's still a game I'll enjoy playing.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Originally posted by TheFarseer

After playing this game for awhile, all I have to say is that there is nothing new here. Why don't game designers build on their lore instead of going "Herpa derpa might as well make up fancy shmancy lore and then shove WoW's game mechanics onto it?". Seriously, god damn.

I guess they wanted to create a game that utilized the best fo breed features from other games and add them into a game with their own twist/packaging.

Kinda like your post, OP.  Nothing new to read or see in your post, but you went ahead and created it anyway.  Didn't you?  You wanted YOUR voice to stand out and your opinion to be known.  Kinda like the creators of RIFT wanted their MMO out there.... their flavor. 

• AbisbowaAbisbowa Member UncommonPosts: 91

It's not the game-play that makes it a next-gen MMO. It's the technology driving it. They are using cloud computing to handel server load. Thats why you can have a ton of mobs and players in the same area without the server crashing. 

Trion never said once that they are trying to revolutionize the genre. They did promise that they would have a finished polished game at launch. So far, in my opinion, they have just that. 

The game feels familiar yet somehow new. But if you are not satisfied with the game, don't play it. No one is holding a gun to your head.

• NopexNopex Member Posts: 86

Being able to spec into three very different types of a particular archetype in a highy polished fantasy MMO is infact something new.

Sorry.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Nopex

Being able to spec into three very different types of a particular archetype in a highy polished fantasy MMO is infact something new.

Sorry.

And how is that something new compared to talent system with respec? We are just given more choice in talents/souls with more lore around it than talens systems in other games.

• outd00rmineroutd00rminer Member Posts: 37

Sorry.

FFXI beat them to the punch like 8 years ago on that front.

• NopexNopex Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Neloth

Sorry.

And how is that something new compared to talent system with respec? We are just given more choice in talents/souls with more lore around it than talens systems in other games.

If you think having a mage who can use either fire, water, or elemental damage is speccing into "very different types", you need the help of a dictionary.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please continue comparison discussion in the sticky designed for this. Thanks!

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.