Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FACTS bout VANGUARD!!!!! NO THIS GAME S NOT DEAD

13»

Comments

• Langs78Langs78 Member UncommonPosts: 5

maybe the headline and the use of "Facts" is abit misleading when the OP constantly use terms as , feelings , proberbly and "from what i seen".

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Hamleth

Can't the OP see Vanguard is only a laboratory for EQ next and SOE experiences ? 

We can only hope that is what SOE is doing...

If they could take the open design of Vanguard, toss on some new models, new animations, and implement easier grouping methods I would most certainly play the game.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • japojapo Member Posts: 306

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Vanguard is a great game...the best PvE experience out there...however...

I refuse to pay a full sub price ($15 a month) for a game with no devs and no support.  I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game, when that monthly fee is obviously going to other SOE games in development such as the Agency.

How people support this scam by SOE is beyond me.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by xochipilli

Originally posted by quasar941

maybe u should analize URSELF.......

coz i find it funny..me and my wife in vanguard we are at lvl 29 ...its been 7 months we started to play it...and we have bascily done ALMOST EEVERY CONTENT till our lvl....... including all the newbie zones..to the most complex dungeons of those lvl......

i guess there s something wrong with the social skills of some folks.....

{Mod edit}

Well....you are now reported and on ignore.  Nothing you EVER say in these forums will matter anymore.

Bye.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

I have gone back and tried Vanguard a few times. I still enjoy the game and think that it had alot of potential. But like others have said. SOE is not spending any money on the game. There are no content patchs no nothing. SO once you follow your yellow brick road and get to the end. There is just a wall.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

Good lord Xoch was that necessary ?

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I recently cancelled my VG account. Vanguard is a great game, although unfinished. For those looking for an old-school experience, VG is great. There is enough content to keep someone busy for a long time, and plenty of replay value.

However, most of the players have reached end-game, and the raiding guilds are leaving since there is no new content coming. New players and mid-players can have fun, but it requires a group to do a lot of the quests, and unless you have dedicated friends, it is hard to find groups in a huge and under-populated world.

No the game is not dead, but it is dying and there is no life support. SOE is not going to upgrade it, make if free2play, or do anything else substantive. I predict VG will close before the end of this year.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Fact: Vanguard is not dead.  There are cool things to do in the game that people enjoy.

Fact: Vanguard has been steadily losing players, servers, updates and support for years.  It is following along a similar line as The Matrix Online went along before it shut down.

Fact: From a developers prospective Vanguard is currently a dead project. 

Conclusion: Vanguard is dying and is very much in danger of closing down, but some people are enjoying what the game has right now.

I suspect that if SOE announced today that the game was closing down it would not come as even the slightest surprise to the genre. 

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Worstluck

Damn man!  That was a post!  Why do you capitalize those words like that haha.

I like Vanguard, most people do, it's just not really supported by SOE; there are not many people working on improving a game, something all MMO's need.

lol sorry bout the capitalize ...it was just to make some enphasis....

i do agree there are no support from SOE atm...but i dont agree bout u sayin ALL MMOS need it....

its relative..... some people might not care bout it... most of us who are still playin vanguard are the people who doesnt care bout it...sometimes it can even be good.... usin most game as exemple.... when it comes an update...they usualy NERF stuffs...and maybe thats one of the reason vanguard still carry a little of challenge.... coz there are no DEVS nerfin stuffs lol.. who knows..but i respect when someone says he/she needs to play a game that s always updatin...but this s not a RULE....matter of tasty..

Sad and painful truth is the game is dead, the numbers you yourself post are abysmal. SOE would not justify any development costs for such small numbers especialluy considering the other titles they have just released or are in development.

Right before Xmas SOE had an employee parking lot meeting and fired 80% of thier staff, whats left they have working on " The Agency " and the new Planetside, the new EQ 2 expansipn, the new EQ expansion, with some small attention to DCUO. There is no staff or inclination to put any staff on Vanguard. Why has it not had the plug pulled like Matrix? Simply put because it does not cost SOE anything. Matrix had liscensing fees to pay, Vangard doesnt, it has no hardware or support costs because it just piggie-backs on EQ2 server farms and maintance teams. It gives them another game on the Station pass that is basically pure profit so why close it.

That said Im glad you enjoy it, Im sure SOE is glad you enjoy it too, long as you enjoy it you will keep paying for a game that is not costing them any money.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This thread has just not resulted in anything good. Locking it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I love Vanguard. The design of the terrain and the sense of exploration is amazing. The diplomacy system simply rocks. I wish SOE would invest in this game. I also wish I had the money to start a studio, hire a staff, and relaunch this game as the main focus. Oh well dream over.

This discussion has been closed.