Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FACTS bout VANGUARD!!!!! NO THIS GAME S NOT DEAD

Comments

• xochipillixochipilli Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Latella

Originally posted by Crispin

Fact is this section never dies, and there is constantly discussion about the game. Must mean something.

It means we are mostly bored.

talk for urself ....

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Jesus christ dude. All those dots and caps made the post not even worth reading. Before this post I had no opinion of Vangurd. But now I hate it.

its oka.. english s not my first language and also im not a very good writter.. i understand u are not obligated to read what i ve written i just feel sorrow ur judgements come out from so insignificant stuffs....

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by xochipilli

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Jesus christ dude. All those dots and caps made the post not even worth reading. Before this post I had no opinion of Vangurd. But now I hate it.

its oka.. english s not my first language and also im not a very good writter.. i understand u are not obligated to read what i ve written i just feel sorrow ur judgements come out from so insignificant stuffs....

Not your first language? It's unreadable.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Sorry OP. But let me just say this:

They took away Silius from Vanguard and put him in charge of EverQuest 2 a while back.

Seriously, how much more proof do you need to see how desperate the situation is at SOE HQ?

Vanguard is no longer supported by any dev. And this failboat of a guy they now put in charge of EverQuest 2 (you do not wanna know what a horrible unfinished, broken and joke of an expansion he just created for EQ2. It's going to be the worst EQ2 expansion pack to date.)

SOE has become a highly unprofessional studio that can't manage more than one game, let alone one game in itself at all.

All their focus right now is on DCUO and try to save from crashing and burning at all cost, which the current sorry state of the PC version (and heard the PS3 version isn't much better), is already a lost cause.

It's nice you enjoy Vanguard and I really do. But what's the point of supporting a game as a fan, when the company itself no longer supports it themselves?

Bugs aren't fixed anymore. Unfinished content isn't going to be fixed anymore. New content won't be added anymore.

All things that are critical for a MMO to survive.

They are doing the same thing with Vanguard now as they did with Matrix Online. Let it run it's course till few enough people are left and then shut it down.

It's no doom on your parade. It's just reality.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by JeroKane

They took away Silius from Vanguard and put him in charge of EverQuest 2 a while back.

Seriously, how much more proof do you need to see how desperate the situation is at SOE HQ?

Vanguard is no longer supported by any dev. And this failboat of a guy they now put in charge of EverQuest 2 (you do not wanna know what a horrible unfinished, broken and joke of an expansion he just created for EQ2. It's going to be the worst EQ2 expansion pack to date.)

SOE has become a highly unprofessional studio that can't manage more than one game, let alone one game in itself at all.

All their focus right now is on DCUO and try to save from crashing and burning at all cost, which the current sorry state of the PC version (and heard the PS3 version isn't much better), is already a lost cause.

It's nice you enjoy Vanguard and I really do. But what's the point of supporting a game as a fan, when the company itself no longer supports it themselves?

Bugs aren't fixed anymore. Unfinished content isn't going to be fixed anymore. New content won't be added anymore.

They are doing the same thing with Vanguard now as they did with Matrix Online. Let it run it's course till few enough people are left and then shut it down.

To be fair, SOE has been a highly unprofessional studio that can't manage one game for a very long time.  I've made a lot of emotional statements in my time that didn't stick as emotion died down and logic set in, but when I swore never to give SOE another cent after the NGE fiasco I guess I really meant it.  I've never even been to an SOE game's page since.

I will gladly eat those words upon the arrival of an SWG classic server, but that just isn't ever going to happen outside of an emulated project.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

hello my friend.......its very simple....... everybody that goes play vanguard now...knows that there s no support from SOE anymore..... so u can choose .... will i acept it or not ? its very simple...... im not FORCING people to LIKE it or acept it ...

all i m sayin is...... there are a small comunity that supports vanguard the way IT IS atm.... and IF for some reason u decided to have a look at it... u may like it just as that small comunity likes it.... and feel very surprising...coz what most people says OUTSIDE the game s not the reality of what we are having INSIDE the game....

very simple u see?

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Originally posted by Latella

The op makes me go "aww".

It´s cute that someone gets so passionate about their favorite mmo.

It remembers me of Phantasy Star Online in the GameCube, back when WoW was released and the 99% of the playerbase disappeared, leaving us with like 25/50 players online.

Good times.

Still, being so stubborn and blind about the state of a game that is supposed to cater to the thousands upon thousands of players and has less partecipants than hello kitty online  it´s not a good thing.

To each it´s own i guess.

at any point have i said VANGUARD s the best MMO around ? as far as i remember i dont .......

so i wonder how this can be passionate .....

also i wonder why so many people that doenst evne have interest in VANGUARD loose their time judgin and bashin something they doesnt even have contact with it.....

cant u get the point why i created that topic? coz i ve seen so many of this atitude in this forum that i ve decided to create a contrast...

so many people postin in vanguard forums and not even half of them have PLAYED it.... all they do are judgements based on what they have read in the internet.......

and exactly my friend... TO EACH ITS OWN I GUESS......

dont come with hipocresy

so let people decide for themselve if the game s nice or not...

It´s funny that you would answer me in that tone.

To start with i never said Vanguard is a bad game, where did you read that?

I said it has a very small playerbase that can´t compete even with the most niche mmo´s out there and that´s a fact even yourself admit.

Then, i talked about  how i lived the same situation you do, back when i played PSO.

Dude, you talk about people offending you but you are the most offensive and agressive person in the whole thread, as many other people already pointed out before me.

Rawr.

To be fair, SOE has been a highly unprofessional studio that can't manage one game for a very long time.  I've made a lot of emotional statements in my time that didn't stick as emotion died down and logic set in, but when I swore never to give SOE another cent after the NGE fiasco I guess I really meant it.  I've never even been to an SOE game's page since.

I will gladly eat those words upon the arrival of an SWG classic server, but that just isn't ever going to happen outside of an emulated project.]

much respect for ur decision ...and totaly coherent

me myself i still play vanguard coz i cant find anything better for my taste in the market..... i find this game incredible based on my tasties..... despite soe s silence bout this game....

Originally posted by causs

Originally posted by causs

So happy I'm not in the same game with you. What a terrible posts you type. You offend people here on the forum. But when we say something about your precious, you go all; z0mgh4x!

If you don't want new people in the game, then get gtfo and play your little singleplayer.

and now i ofended people coz i ve written bout what vanguard is atm...... hmmmmm anyway....

talk about the game..not bout myself pls ........

who am i... ? doesnt fuckin matter... but this s a forum to discuss GAMES not the PERSONAL ...

by the way i m also happy that in vanguard we dont have ur typew around .....

HAHAHA, you are offending posters with every reply you type. What is wrong with you?

This whole thread was started as a rabid defense over criticism of a game he loves and doesn't want anyone else (aside from the established community) to play.  That right there doesn't make too much sense.  If he wants to keep the community in its current state (ie, the only people in game are the people who love & play it now), then the criticism he is raging against is his FRIEND.  It will keep the "riff-raff" (as he sees it) out of his hair.

So I'm not even sure I follow the logic of the original intent of the OP, communication issues aside.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

I will gladly eat those words upon the arrival of an SWG classic server, but that just isn't ever going to happen outside of an emulated project.]

much respect for ur decision ...and totaly coherent

me myself i still play vanguard coz i cant find anything better for my taste in the market..... i find this game incredible based on my tasties..... despite soe s silence bout this game....

I am happy for you that you have a game you love that is still online to play.  A lot of us out here in MMORPG.COM land can't claim that.  So you hold your head high and be proud of your game for however long it lasts!

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter at all about what anyone thinks about the games you love except YOU!

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Well I'm an example of someone who played VG quite a lot (got a 50 warrior and a 38 necro) and eventually left because I couldn't take the lack of polish and the persistent bugs.

There comes a point when you just wonder what you're paying for each month. Sure, the fanatics can look past that but after a while it killed my love of the game to know SOE will never fix things or improve things. I can't tell you how irritating it was to hear the rain and not see it, especially after discussing that bug with the QA guys on the forums, having them replicate it and then just ignore it. Or the number of times I had to unequip and re-equip weapons because they had disappeared and I was just waving invisible swords at the mobs.

That's ultimately what you pay for each month, in some ways why you play an MMO - to be a part of a constantly evolving environment. VG is a great game crippled by the lack of support it has had and, as someone said in another forum, I wish SOE had sold it on to a smaller company that were incentivised to make it into the game it should have been.

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Dude, you don´t even know what you are talking about.

You just  throw random accusations around.

Rawr.

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

And this failboat of a guy they now put in charge of EverQuest 2 (you do not wanna know what a horrible unfinished, broken and joke of an expansion he just created for EQ2. It's going to be the worst EQ2 expansion pack to date.)

Do you mean that Silius, after destroying / dumbing down Vanguard, is now tearing down EQ2 ?

SOE never ceases to amaze me

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

Originally posted by Vonatar

Well I'm an example of someone who played VG quite a lot (got a 50 warrior and a 38 necro) and eventually left because I couldn't take the lack of polish and the persistent bugs.

There comes a point when you just wonder what you're paying for each month. Sure, the fanatics can look past that but after a while it killed my love of the game to know SOE will never fix things or improve things. I can't tell you how irritating it was to hear the rain and not see it, especially after discussing that bug with the QA guys on the forums, having them replicate it and then just ignore it. Or the number of times I had to unequip and re-equip weapons because they had disappeared and I was just waving invisible swords at the mobs.

That's ultimately what you pay for each month, in some ways why you play an MMO - to be a part of a constantly evolving environment. VG is a great game crippled by the lack of support it has had and, as someone said in another forum, I wish SOE had sold it on to a smaller company that were incentivised to make it into the game it should have been.

the rain bug s very sad indeed... they havent fix it till today... but  i can ignore it...

the bug u are talkin bout the swords s prob something that doesnt exist anymore...

never had this problem and dont see anyone else complaining bout it nowadays.....

but i dont agree bout ur opinion of the monthly feee.

lets use a SINGLE PLAYER game as exemple..... u pay 30 dollars in a single player game that will last what? 1 month ? 1 month will be enough to save the game and explori all the side stuffs it has

now a mmorpg...u pay 15 dollars and u ll have it for 1 month.... and this month will always be fresh.... but well in vanguard we dont get update anymore..but even then it ll have at least 3 - 4 years of content..

but then i guess it s just a matter of tasty aswell...

tbh nowadays i prefer to give my money to vanguard that s lackin update..than givin my money to WOW or Eq 2 that are updated every week........

Originally posted by vladww

And this failboat of a guy they now put in charge of EverQuest 2 (you do not wanna know what a horrible unfinished, broken and joke of an expansion he just created for EQ2. It's going to be the worst EQ2 expansion pack to date.)

Do you mean that Silius, after destroying / dumbing down Vanguard, is now tearing down EQ2 ?

SOE never ceases to amaze me

i cant see destiny of velious bein WORSE then SENTINELS FATE lol...if they are capable of doin it i ll get my hats off for them haha......

sentinels fate was a joke imo.........

here it s some nice video made by the so called guild that achieve everything in vanguard...

the video s fresh...have been made recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVuYlOL3Hc

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

OP, lets look at the facts as you have presented them.

At peak times there is about 500 people playing.  While I realize this might appear lively to you, and doesn't fit the dcitionaries definition of the word dead, to most players in the MMORPG community those sorts of numbers are clearly an indicator of a "dead" (aka very low population) game especially when its the only server left. (DAOC manages to run about 1700-2400 a night from what I've read)

In EVE just one sector of space, Jita, has over 1000 players at any given moment, and in the entire game world there can be over 60K people.  Quite a contrast and understandable why numbers like 500 don't exactly generate excitement, especially when you consider how big VG's game world truely is.  Must seem like an absolute wasteland most times.

Another fact which you've admitted to is that SOE isn't really updating the game anymore.  That is a huge indicator to the greater MMORPG community that a game is 'dead' for all intensive purposes.

Now you may be happy that you and your small group of gamers are free of the "riff-raff" but truth is, MMORPG's need players, all sorts of players to interact and socialize with, and quite honestly, your posts are not doing anything to encourage folks to want and come join you.  (You win more with honey rather than vinegar)

As for the hostile replies you've received here on the forums, MMORPG.com is for PVP, we're here to discuss games, and when you created your OP you threw down the gauntlet, of course people are going to pick it up and respond, what else were you really hoping for? (or expecting)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

At peak times there is about 500 people playing.  While I realize this might appear lively to you, and doesn't fit the dcitionaries definition of the word dead, to most players in the MMORPG community those sorts of numbers are clearly an indicator of a "dead" (aka very low population) game especially when its the only server left. (DAOC manages to run about 1700-2400 a night from what I've read)

In EVE just one sector of space, Jita, has over 1000 players at any given moment, and in the entire game world there can be over 60K people.  Quite a contrast and understandable why numbers like 500 don't exactly generate excitement, especially when you consider how big VG's game world truely is.  Must seem like an absolute wasteland most times.

Another fact which you've admitted to is that SOE isn't really updating the game anymore.  That is a huge indicator to the greater MMORPG community that a game is 'dead' for all intensive purposes.

Now you may be happy that you and your small group of gamers are free of the "riff-raff" but truth is, MMORPG's need players, all sorts of players to interact and socialize with, and quite honestly, your posts are not doing anything to encourage folks to want and come join you.  (You win more with honey rather than vinegar)

As for the hostile replies you've received here on the forums, MMORPG.com is for PVP, we're here to discuss games, and when you created your OP you threw down the gauntlet, of course people are going to pick it up and respond, what else were you really hoping for? (or expecting)

its very simple..im not here to make a good impression of this game...im here to expose FACTS.... indeed 500 players aint a lot...but for a few people it might be enough...and for those who are playin it ...it doesnt really look like a wasteland....

also i didnt create the topic to fish the masses..but to fish the very few players that MIGHT not care bout small comunities ...people who are more worried bout the lvl of envolviment of the game...but they are draged awat by poor coments that the game s DEAD ....when u read the game is dead it seems nobody plays it.... which drags away many people...

Its a FREE WORLD..u are free to make ur decisions.... just dont spread lies.....

bout the hostile coments..im here to discuss bout the game..if u dont like the game go ahead and make statements why u dont like the game.... what i dont acept is PERSONAL INSULTS used as statements to say the game s not good...

personal insults are not arguments....

RESPECT...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Its a FREE WORLD..u are free to make ur decisions.... just dont spread lies.....

RESPECT...

In a free world, people are free to spread lies.

But to that end, I haven't seen anyone spread lies so far.  Fact is there's 500 or so people playing at peak times, that is considered a small population by most gamers.  Fair enough, you're looking for those who might not care as long as the game is fun. 

Fact is SOE is not really supporting this game anymore.  We're all in agreement there.

Fact is, while the game is far better than launch, it still has a number of bugs such as the rain issue which you've chosen to overlook, others might not be so forgiving.

Respect however is earned and not something people get by divine right.

Besides, we're talking video games here, let's not get so serious. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

RESPECT...

But to that end, I haven't seen anyone spread lies so far.  Fact is there's 500 or so people playing at peak times, that is considered a small population by most gamers.  Fair enough, you're looking for those who might not care as long as the game is fun. 

Fact is SOE is not really supporting this game anymore.  We're all in agreement there.

Fact is, while the game is far better than launch, it still has a number of bugs such as the rain issue which you've chosen to overlook, others might not be so forgiving.

to say that the game s DEAD s to spread lies....

and yes soe s not suporting and yes rain doesnt work and bla bla bla...it has already been told....

and the fact is RESPECT IS DIVINE RIGHT.. but sadly majority lacks respect thanks to our :SO GOOD: system.

but lets not get in that subject coz it has nothing to do with the game........

and yes..its just a video game :) i doint understand why people loose so much time coming to vanguard forum to bash it....

it looks like vanguard s a threath for most of u ...but..its just a game......being played only by 500 players ...

• HamlethHamleth Member Posts: 26

to the OP: take a breath, drink something, and forget VG. I tried to play VG many and many times but now it's over. No more support no more patches no more devs on the game, no more players. Now i play Rift, Lotro and EQ2. I stopped Vg because this game is unplayable. You have to group everywhere and there's no players (maybe some vanguard addicts all of them are 50) Forget VG it's only a video game. Not your country your family or your wife. We're not talking about a divorce. But about a video game. Play something else or wait for EQ3.

"I'm happy that Vanguard isn't dead. I'm also happy that I no longer play it."

Lol.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

And the reality is that so few players in a huge world leads to a less than satisfying play experience for newer players. I came to VG a couple of years after launch, and much as I enjoyed my time there I missed out on huge amounts of content because there weren't enough players to group with. Now some lucky few may have had others to do this stuff with, or guilds with higher level players prepared to run them through content, but not me. Yes I plodded on to 50 with my warrior, but most of the time I had to skip quests and zones because it wasn't soloable. VG players will know the stuff I mean - like Iridium Plateau, or the Bounty Hunter quests (which are quite key for gear) or even the armour quests in the Celestine Ward because you need a group to clear the mobs around the orb. This plain sucked and is not what I want from an MMO in the end.

If you want an example of how little SOE cares for the game think back to the release of the Isle of Dawn. It could have been a great boost for the VG playerbase, but SOE didn't market it properly so in the end it was a big fat damp squib. To me it just looked like a half-hearted attempt to do "something" with VG, but in the end they just couldn't give a toss.

Like any major developer/publisher SOE is all about the $$$ and it's plainly obvious they have decided that there is no more to squeeze out of VG so they're just going to let it slowly die until they can shut down the servers.

• HamlethHamleth Member Posts: 26

Can't the OP see Vanguard is only a laboratory for EQ next and SOE experiences ? 

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

RESPECT...

You need to read that again. Just saying..... But yea, this thread is pure win lol.

OP I used to be like you. I fought for VG in every way,  I loved Vanguard. From the questing to the raiding I loved everything about it. Then SOE stop supporting it and more and more people left. My entire guild left and went to Rift when the beta started. You can't have a world as big as Telon and only with only 500 subs. Vanguard was never made to be played this way. It just doesn't work. So, in my opinion is the game dead? No, but it is dying a very slow painful death.

Originally posted by Hamleth

Can't the OP see Vanguard is only a laboratory for EQ next and SOE experiences ? 

maybe u are right...but its still a nice game...and a better game than most MMOs out there in the market imo...

This discussion has been closed.