Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FACTS bout VANGUARD!!!!! NO THIS GAME S NOT DEAD

im choosin those facts based on what i ve seen lately people talkin bout vanguard in this forum...showing most of them HAVE NO CLUE of what they are sayin....... most of them prob NEVER tried vanguard or if they did they made the judgement for playin 10 days in the stupid and tiny isle of dawn...so i wonder how can it be taken serious....

Is vanguard DEAD ? NO its far from being dead..... it s a small comunity of players that DOESNT want the server to be full.... WE ( who really plays vanguard ) likes that vanguard filters players.... it keeps the lvl of maturity and quality of the players.... do you wanna know numbers? ...... oka.... at normal times.... we are gettin 200 to 300 players...at raid times we are gettin 400 - 500 players .... and on the sleeping time from the WEST we get 100 players ( this s the moment where the server stays empty even then we still have 100 players online and its really for a short time and evne then u are able to make groups.....) you can find out this doin /who count all inside the game..... ( by the way those numbers increased after december )

is it enough ? it depents....if u choosin a MMORPG for the social interaction then vanguard s not ur place....  coz it ll surely lack social interaction.... there are no mumbo jumbo talks in regional chat........BUT if u are choosin the game for the lvl of envolviment and challenge theeeeen this s a good choice... there will have no mumbo jumbo talk BUT u ll get groups commited to acomplish real hard challenges...

Is vanguard unfinished ? NO its not unfinished...its so full of content that it took 4 years for the FIRST AND ONLY guild to complete everything.... when u see people sayin its unfinished ...its because there are many DUNGEONS and RAID zones that were meant to be put later on game but its not up yet..even then...it took 4 years for the so called best guild to finish the present content...so if we think like that ALL MMORPGS are unfinished..coz they all are promising new zones and new stuffs... THO ITS TOTALY normal that the OLD GUILDIES from the begginin of the game are a little pissed off coz they have no new content to explore....BUT REMEMBER...IT TOOK 4 years for tholse VETERAN PLAYERS....

Vanguard lacks depth ingame ? this s the biggest calunia i ve seen people talkin in this forum..... there s only 1 game that MAYBE wins from the depth of vanguard... that game s called EVERQUEST 1...... any other game that u put side by side with vanguard will loose when releated to get deep and envolved in the feeling .... at some topic i ve seen people sayin WOW and EQ 2 s more envolved than VANGUARD....... not here not in china not in mars not in the moon it ll ever be true.......WOW and EQ 2 has NOTHING TO DO with vanguard... WOW and EQ 2 u can be a casual player and u are going still have fun. you dont need to be envolved ... u dont need to have spent lots of time to get envolved in the lore and in the game...its eveyrthing there in ur face... vanguard s the oposite...IT TAKES TIME to get into the game... it takes time to get envolved with the population...nothing wil lbe in ur face.... u gotta FISH it.... this s all bout envolviment...... and the most cool thing bout vanguard is... IN VANGUARD WE HAVE A SENSE OF DANGER - REWARD......... if u go to do HARD CHALLENGES.... ur reward will be EQUIVALENT...ONE OF THE things I FIND MOST BORING bout WOW and EQ 2 is that they totaly TOOK AWAY that sense of DANGER - REWARD.... everything is in the reach of the hands of everybody...from the BEST LOOTS to the most stupid ones...... its just a matter of TASTY.......

Is vanguard a sandbox ? YES its totaly a sandbox THO as its very known nowadays.. PLAYERS DOESNT LIKE SANDBOX....most dont have the FREEWILL to play as a sandbox.... so in vanguard people have already created a LINEAR way to be followed BUT its still a sandbox and many are still playin as a sandbox.... one of ur abilities that u get at lvl 20 s the key to ur sandbox experience...that abilitie s called LVL LOCK............. u ll find players in there that are still at lvl 30 after 1 year playing that game.......

Is vanguard the BEST game in the market ? NOOOOOOOOOOO and its FAR from being...coz there isnt the BEST game from the market.... there are personal tastes...........  or u like it or u dont like it..

Is it a hard to play game ? YES totaly..for 2 reaons.....one is .... the setup.... even with a TOP machine u ll need to setup ur configurations from WINDOWS . GRAPHIC CARD and .INI from the game......... so if u lack knownledge bout it u ll prob have a BAD interface and graphics....... the other reason is THE GAME S DAMN HARD....there s a different structure inside it ....which takes time to master it .... and it s still carry the need of Crowd Control just as in old eq 1 days.....

SOE SUX ? maybe yes maybe not..who knows.........

SOE WANTED TO DROWN VANGUARD ? maybe yes maybe not who knows.. but my personal opinion is NEVER...and they WILL update the game at some point...it s still havent made 1 year they release the last update....

AM I SAYIN U GOTTA LIKE IT COZ THE GAME S AWESOME AND EVERYONE THAT DOESNT LIKE IT SUX ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what i am sayin is ........ those are the FACTS BOUT THE VANGUARD.... YOU MAY LIKE IT OR NOT....but u cant change it.....

for some people only the fact that u have to TWIK ur computer to play a game is a NEGATIVE FACT.......BUT IT DOESNT MEAN THE GAME S BAD OR DEAD.........

if u had a BAD EXPERIENCE in vanguard it also DOESNT MEAN the GAME S BAD OR DEAD ... it just doesnt APPLY TO YOU.....

LEARN TO RESPECT THE DIVERSITIES......... ( if we all d learn it we d be livin in a better world by the way )

The game s very alive... and we are havin TONS AND TONS OF FUN IN THERE......if for some reason u decided to give it a try..go ahead and see if the game applies to u........ BUT dont blame the game if u cant even CHOOSE A NAME FOR UR CHAR that never been used before ( at some topic i saw someone talkin bad bout vanguard coz the name he/she wanted to choose was all taken OMG.... THE GAME SUX COZ UR NAME HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ? ) what kind of judgement is it ?

WELCOME TO TELON FOR THOSE WHO ARE CAPABLE OF .... and good ride in AZEROTH and NORRATH for those who doesnt think vanguard applies to themm BUT PLS STOP WITH THE CALUNIAS......

just my contrast to all those big emotional haters in this forum.......

http://vanguard.station.sony.com/isleofdawn/

Comments

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Wow.....just wow. (no not WoW)

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

There are quite a few VG players that share the OP's mindset. 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Damn man!  That was a post!  Why do you capitalize those words like that haha.

I like Vanguard, most people do, it's just not really supported by SOE; there are not many people working on improving a game, something all MMO's need.

• BruwinBruwin Member UncommonPosts: 54

Don't get me wrong. I like the premise of Vanguard, but never actually played it. I'd consider playing if a lot of my friends decided to, but none of them would go back due to the current state of the game. There's virtually no dev support, I don't think anyone even mentioned anything about it at the last fan faire, and I think most past players who really enjoyed the game believe that SOE is just going to let it die, rather than turn it F2P, or come up with another option to bring in subs.

In essence, it's a game on life support, and telling everyone that you don't want new players simply does not help your game. If that even turns one customer off from trying Vanguard, then that's just one more nail in the coffin, making it much more likely that SOE will shut Vanguard down for good. Nobody wants that.

[mod edit]

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

I'm happy that Vanguard isn't dead. I'm also happy that I no longer play it.

• xochipillixochipilli Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Worstluck

Damn man!  That was a post!  Why do you capitalize those words like that haha.

I like Vanguard, most people do, it's just not really supported by SOE; there are not many people working on improving a game, something all MMO's need.

lol sorry bout the capitalize ...it was just to make some enphasis....

i do agree there are no support from SOE atm...but i dont agree bout u sayin ALL MMOS need it....

its relative..... some people might not care bout it... most of us who are still playin vanguard are the people who doesnt care bout it...sometimes it can even be good.... usin most game as exemple.... when it comes an update...they usualy NERF stuffs...and maybe thats one of the reason vanguard still carry a little of challenge.... coz there are no DEVS nerfin stuffs lol.. who knows..but i respect when someone says he/she needs to play a game that s always updatin...but this s not a RULE....matter of tasty..

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

I consider a gigantic mmorpg like VG with so many races, classes a big world etc supposed to have thousands of players to be dead if no more then 500 are logged at prime time some days of the month..

Originally posted by Bruwin

Why do I get the feeling that the OP is exactly the sort of player that current Vanguard players want to keep far, far away from their game?

Is the game dead? No. Is it healthy? No. If the current players actually share the current mindset of the OP, will the game survive at all? HELL NO!

Don't get me wrong. I like the premise of Vanguard, but never actually played it. I'd consider playing if a lot of my friends decided to, but none of them would go back due to the current state of the game. There's virtually no dev support, I don't think anyone even mentioned anything about it at the last fan faire, and I think most past players who really enjoyed the game believe that SOE is just going to let it die, rather than turn it F2P, or come up with another option to bring in subs.

In essence, it's a game on life support, and telling everyone that you don't want new players simply does not help your game. If that even turns one customer off from trying Vanguard, then that's just one more nail in the coffin, making it much more likely that SOE will shut Vanguard down for good. Nobody wants that.

{Mod Edit}

and i wonder how and WHY the heck u are here givin ur FALLACIES bout me and opinion bout where the game should head when u dont even PLAYED VANGUARD... u have no CLUE what s happening inside telon.....

your opinion is invalid......

Originally posted by Pocahinha

I consider a gigantic mmorpg like VG with so many races, classes a big world etc supposed to have thousands of players to be dead if no more then 500 are logged at prime time some days of the month..

Death

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For other uses, see Death (disambiguation) and Dead (disambiguation). For the process of coloring, see Dyeing.

"Deceased" redirects here. For the band, see Deceased (band).

Page semi-protected

The human skull is a universal symbol for death.

Death is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism. The word refers both to the particular processes of life's cessation as well as to the condition or state of a formerly living body. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include predation, malnutrition, accidents resulting in terminal injury, and disease.

so as long as there are even 50 players online HAVIN FUN ...with GMS supporting the comunity ...  this s not called DEATH in ur world.......

tho i respect that the game with a small comunity might not apply to u....

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

I've been playing it to help ease my riftdrawl and I'm pretty impressed with it. It feels more like  an MMO than most of whats out there. It does lack the hand holding that most of the big boys provide. It's by far my favorite game on station access. If RIFT wasnt releasing soon I would continue to play it. Anyone who has thought about playing it but is on the fence  should give it a shot. Also would like to add the game performs alot better than it did at release. I'm getting 70 ish FPS with max settings and my system is average.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

For you and 500 total players the game is very alive..good for you guys have fun...for the other millions of players its dead...all depends on the point of view and what you consider fun, or dead.

VG in terms of mmorpgs status is considered a dead game period..thats why it doesnt have any content updates for years, thats why it only has 1 or 2 developers working on it...and 500 people pay enough to keep 2 people working plus the server costs....and some more to SOE.

For you and 500 total players the game is very alive..good for you guys have fun...for the other millions of players its dead...all depends on the point of view and what you consider fun, or dead.

VG in terms of mmorpgs status is considered a dead game period..thats why it doesnt have any content updates for years, thats why it only has 1 or 2 developers working on it...and 500 people pay enough to keep 2 people working plus the server costs....and some more to SOE.

no its not dead..havent u learn what the word DEAD means yet?

when something s dead its no longer functional...it no longer exists....

vanguard s still interactive...and with people playin..so no its not DEAD..... do u need another dictionary to help  u lean what the word DEAD means ?

maybe the comunity s not big enough to be aceptable by the masses.. but its not DEAD....

if it was dead..we would not have people playing it...

if it was dead we d not have a second guild tryin to achieve what only one guild was capable of ( killing all the raid mobs )

if it was dead we d not have new players coming to it and a small increase in the population in the end of the year...

if it was dead it would no longer have online servers.....

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I certainly hope not. This is one game I have been wanting to, and now I am planning to, come back to. I loved this game but have been gone for well over a year. I can look past the letters SOE and recognize a good game when I play it.

And yes, I was there at launch....

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

I certainly hope not. This is one game I have been wanting to, and now I am planning to, come back to. I loved this game but have been gone for well over a year. I can look past the letters SOE and recognize a good game when I play it.

And yes, I was there at launch....

welcome back :)

i hope ur expectations will be suplied .....

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by xochipilli

no its not dead..havent u learn what the word DEAD means yet?

when something s dead its no longer functional...it no longer exists....

vanguard s still interactive...and with people playin..so no its not DEAD..... do u need another dictionary to help  u lean what the word DEAD means ?

maybe the comunity s not big enough to be aceptable by the masses.. but its not DEAD....

if it was dead..we would not have people playing it...

if it was dead we d not have a second guild tryin to achieve what only one guild was capable of ( killing all the raid mobs )

if it was dead we d not have new players coming to it and a small increase in the population in the end of the year...

if it was dead it would no longer have online servers.....

is it not?????

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

When was the last update?

Sure, VG have some really loyal players but as long as SOE doesn't start to update it and assign a new crew to it it will continue to slowly fade away.

A game can't last fowever without updates, at least not a MMO.

With zero full time employees I think SOE plans to cann it just before EQ Next releases.

Too bad, while the coding was horrible the game have some great ideas and fun parts, but when it released at least a year too early it was already dead in the water.

Originally posted by Loke666

Sure, VG have some really loyal players but as long as SOE doesn't start to update it and assign a new crew to it it will continue to slowly fade away.

With zero full time employees I think SOE plans to cann it just before EQ Next releases.

Too bad, while the coding was horrible the game have some great ideas and fun parts, but when it released at least a year too early it was already dead in the water.

the last patch was put it up at July / 8 / 2010.......

are you playin vanguard at the moment ? coz u are sayin it s slowly fadin away...thats not what we see online.......

and yea no MMO can last forever... NOT EVEN with updates....so what u have said bout a game cant last forever without updates doesnt mean anything ..........

also u are expeculating bout the plans of SOE... are u somehow involved in SOE department?

also u are sayin the game was DEAD since the release...... do u  also need a dictionary to know what the word DEAD MEANS ?

also ur argument to say its dead " Too bad, while the coding was horrible the game have some great ideas and fun parts, but when it released at least a year too early it was already dead in the water " its the same argument written all over the internet bout something that happened 4 years ago.... something that has NOTHING to do with what vanguard is ....... so to sumn up u are just following the SHEEPS .... something ironic for someone who calls himselves 666 ... to follow the sheeps.....

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

are you playin vanguard at the moment ? coz u are sayin it s slowly fadin away...thats not what we see online.......

and yea no MMO can last forever... NOT EVEN with updates....so what u have said bout a game cant last forever without updates doesnt mean anything ..........

also u are expeculating bout the plans of SOE... are u somehow involved in SOE department?

also u are sayin the game was DEAD since the release...... do u  also need a dictionary to know what the word DEAD MEANS ?

also ur argument to say its dead " Too bad, while the coding was horrible the game have some great ideas and fun parts, but when it released at least a year too early it was already dead in the water " its the same argument written all over the internet bout something that happened 4 years ago.... something that has NOTHING to do with what vanguard is ....... so to sumn up u are just following the SHEEPS .... something ironic for someone who calls himselves 666 ... to follow the sheeps.....

So the quality of the coding of a game has nothing to do with the quality of the game itself?

I'm new to programming, so this is good news to me!

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

im choosin those facts based on what i ve seen lately people talkin bout vanguard in this forum...showing most of them HAVE NO CLUE of what they are sayin....... most of them prob NEVER tried vanguard or if they did they made the judgement for playin 10 days in the stupid and tiny isle of dawn...so i wonder how can it be taken serious....

Is vanguard DEAD ? NO its far from being dead..... it s a small comunity of players that DOESNT want the server to be full.... WE ( who really plays vanguard ) likes that vanguard filters players.... it keeps the lvl of maturity and quality of the players.... do you wanna know numbers? ...... oka.... at normal times.... we are gettin 200 to 300 players...at raid times we are gettin 400 - 500 players .... and on the sleeping time from the WEST we get 100 players ( this s the moment where the server stays empty even then we still have 100 players online and its really for a short time and evne then u are able to make groups.....) you can find out this doin /who count all inside the game..... ( by the way those numbers increased after december )

is it enough ? it depents....if u choosin a MMORPG for the social interaction then vanguard s not ur place....  coz it ll surely lack social interaction.... there are no mumbo jumbo talks in regional chat........BUT if u are choosin the game for the lvl of envolviment and challenge theeeeen this s a good choice... there will have no mumbo jumbo talk BUT u ll get groups commited to acomplish real hard challenges...

Is vanguard unfinished ? NO its not unfinished...its so full of content that it took 4 years for the FIRST AND ONLY guild to complete everything.... when u see people sayin its unfinished ...its because there are many DUNGEONS and RAID zones that were meant to be put later on game but its not up yet..even then...it took 4 years for the so called best guild to finish the present content...so if we think like that ALL MMORPGS are unfinished..coz they all are promising new zones and new stuffs... THO ITS TOTALY normal that the OLD GUILDIES from the begginin of the game are a little pissed off coz they have no new content to explore....BUT REMEMBER...IT TOOK 4 years for tholse VETERAN PLAYERS....

Vanguard lacks depth ingame ? this s the biggest calunia i ve seen people talkin in this forum..... there s only 1 game that MAYBE wins from the depth of vanguard... that game s called EVERQUEST 1...... any other game that u put side by side with vanguard will loose when releated to get deep and envolved in the feeling .... at some topic i ve seen people sayin WOW and EQ 2 s more envolved than VANGUARD....... not here not in china not in mars not in the moon it ll ever be true.......WOW and EQ 2 has NOTHING TO DO with vanguard... WOW and EQ 2 u can be a casual player and u are going still have fun. you dont need to be envolved ... u dont need to have spent lots of time to get envolved in the lore and in the game...its eveyrthing there in ur face... vanguard s the oposite...IT TAKES TIME to get into the game... it takes time to get envolved with the population...nothing wil lbe in ur face.... u gotta FISH it.... this s all bout envolviment...... and the most cool thing bout vanguard is... IN VANGUARD WE HAVE A SENSE OF DANGER - REWARD......... if u go to do HARD CHALLENGES.... ur reward will be EQUIVALENT...ONE OF THE things I FIND MOST BORING bout WOW and EQ 2 is that they totaly TOOK AWAY that sense of DANGER - REWARD.... everything is in the reach of the hands of everybody...from the BEST LOOTS to the most stupid ones...... its just a matter of TASTY.......

Is vanguard a sandbox ? YES its totaly a sandbox THO as its very known nowadays.. PLAYERS DOESNT LIKE SANDBOX....most dont have the FREEWILL to play as a sandbox.... so in vanguard people have already created a LINEAR way to be followed BUT its still a sandbox and many are still playin as a sandbox.... one of ur abilities that u get at lvl 20 s the key to ur sandbox experience...that abilitie s called LVL LOCK............. u ll find players in there that are still at lvl 30 after 1 year playing that game.......

Is vanguard the BEST game in the market ? NOOOOOOOOOOO and its FAR from being...coz there isnt the BEST game from the market.... there are personal tastes...........  or u like it or u dont like it..

Is it a hard to play game ? YES totaly..for 2 reaons.....one is .... the setup.... even with a TOP machine u ll need to setup ur configurations from WINDOWS . GRAPHIC CARD and .INI from the game......... so if u lack knownledge bout it u ll prob have a BAD interface and graphics....... the other reason is THE GAME S DAMN HARD....there s a different structure inside it ....which takes time to master it .... and it s still carry the need of Crowd Control just as in old eq 1 days.....

SOE SUX ? maybe yes maybe not..who knows.........

SOE WANTED TO DROWN VANGUARD ? maybe yes maybe not who knows.. but my personal opinion is NEVER...and they WILL update the game at some point...it s still havent made 1 year they release the last update....

AM I SAYIN U GOTTA LIKE IT COZ THE GAME S AWESOME AND EVERYONE THAT DOESNT LIKE IT SUX ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what i am sayin is ........ those are the FACTS BOUT THE VANGUARD.... YOU MAY LIKE IT OR NOT....but u cant change it.....

for some people only the fact that u have to TWIK ur computer to play a game is a NEGATIVE FACT.......BUT IT DOESNT MEAN THE GAME S BAD OR DEAD.........

if u had a BAD EXPERIENCE in vanguard it also DOESNT MEAN the GAME S BAD OR DEAD ... it just doesnt APPLY TO YOU.....

LEARN TO RESPECT THE DIVERSITIES......... ( if we all d learn it we d be livin in a better world by the way )

The game s very alive... and we are havin TONS AND TONS OF FUN IN THERE......if for some reason u decided to give it a try..go ahead and see if the game applies to u........ BUT dont blame the game if u cant even CHOOSE A NAME FOR UR CHAR that never been used before ( at some topic i saw someone talkin bad bout vanguard coz the name he/she wanted to choose was all taken OMG.... THE GAME SUX COZ UR NAME HAS BEEN USED BEFORE ? ) what kind of judgement is it ?

WELCOME TO TELON FOR THOSE WHO ARE CAPABLE OF .... and good ride in AZEROTH and NORRATH for those who doesnt think vanguard applies to themm BUT PLS STOP WITH THE CALUNIAS......

just my contrast to all those big emotional haters in this forum.......

http://vanguard.station.sony.com/isleofdawn/

Honestly, It's people like you that drove off a large part of Vanguards player base. I was there since launch and everytime people came back after a patch, this dumb, ignorant, elistist minority would harrass them off the server. Its almost as if you think it was some sort of elite small club in which everyone either has to think, act, and react like you, or you gang up and nag them off the server.

One of Vanguards biggest problems has always been its fanatics. I remember the original Devs complaining about it back on Sikly Venom. I recall, specifically one thread that Brad McQuaid made chastising people like you. He actually said the rabid elistist fans were actually hurting them, and that they were not able to appeal to wider audiences cause this rabid group would just scare them away. That was the first time I had ever seen a higher up in the dev studio actually complain and regret their "loyal fans".

Vanguard isnt a game made for 300-400 people, so even IF that were true, which I do not believe, it is not enough to really make the game worth while. I honestly have no idea why Sony is even bothering with it anymore, it should either be shut down or redesigned and resold as a stand alone xpansion pack. They should impliment a PvP rule set again and rebalance the classes around PvP just to piss off and scare away the elistist fanatics that currently consider Vanguard their own personal little club house.

Vanguard WAS a great game, buts dead and in large part due to the community that says things like whats highlighted in red (above).

so i came here to this forum to write a topic for people who are curious bout VG but has in front of them

{Mod edit}

ALSO ARE U SURE i said everybody needs to react like me ? have u read my post... I HAVE PUT IT CLEAR THAT VANGUARD IS JUST A MATTER OF TASTE... u may like it or not....its just a SMALL CHOICE.. ITS JSUT A GAME.....

also u say u are doubint bout the numbers of players i gave...so u think i came here to spread lies? why dont u go check for urselve them? u only need to do /who count all ...... it ll have a cap of 200 players...then u only need to /who count 55 all and /who count 1 54 all ....and then u ll have the exact number of players ....

{Mod edit}

RESPECT....

Originally posted by nolf

So the quality of the coding of a game has nothing to do with the quality of the game itself?

I'm new to programming, so this is good news to me!

the quality of the coding from 4 years ago has nothing to do with the coding from what it s now....

past is past... present is present and future is future...

tho u are free to make ur own decisions based on the past aswell... im not sayin u should disconsider what have happened 4 years ago....

but im sayin what we had 4 years ago s far diferent from what we have now...

• LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

The op makes me go "aww".

It´s cute that someone gets so passionate about their favorite mmo.

It remembers me of Phantasy Star Online in the GameCube, back when WoW was released and the 99% of the playerbase disappeared, leaving us with like 25/50 players online.

Good times.

Still, being so stubborn and blind about the state of a game that is supposed to cater to the thousands upon thousands of players and has less partecipants than hello kitty online  it´s not a good thing.

To each it´s own i guess.

Rawr.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Not right now, no. Did until last spring. But even if the crowd temporarily increases it will go down again unless SOE actually starts to update it.

A MMO with steady updates lasts a lot longer than one without, if you think something else you are in denial.

I actually like VG and I don't say it was truly dead or is, but the way it released made it into a small niche game forever.

And sorry but a badly coded game can't get big, ever. Just because someone said something before does not make it less true.

If they actually polished up the game before launching it, the subs would have been larger than EQ2 but now it will continue to be a small niche game.

And just look on the successful games: the only thing they truly have in common is good coding. There is a lot more than that too make a game successful but badly coded games wont become that.

Only game that started out in a buggy horrible shape and got big is Eve. And guess why? They update it constantly and work hard to fix any problems ASAP. 

• Fact is this section never dies, and there is constantly discussion about the game. Must mean something.
  • LatellaLatella Member Posts: 189

Originally posted by Crispin

Fact is this section never dies, and there is constantly discussion about the game. Must mean something.

It means we are mostly bored.

Rawr.

Originally posted by Latella

The op makes me go "aww".

It´s cute that someone gets so passionate about their favorite mmo.

It remembers me of Phantasy Star Online in the GameCube, back when WoW was released and the 99% of the playerbase disappeared, leaving us with like 25/50 players online.

Good times.

Still, being so stubborn and blind about the state of a game that is supposed to cater to the thousands upon thousands of players and has less partecipants than hello kitty online  it´s not a good thing.

To each it´s own i guess.

at any point have i said VANGUARD s the best MMO around ? as far as i remember i dont .......

so i wonder how this can be passionate .....

also i wonder why so many people that doenst evne have interest in VANGUARD loose their time judgin and bashin something they doesnt even have contact with it.....

cant u get the point why i created that topic? coz i ve seen so many of this atitude in this forum that i ve decided to create a contrast...

so many people postin in vanguard forums and not even half of them have PLAYED it.... all they do are judgements based on what they have read in the internet.......

and exactly my friend... TO EACH ITS OWN I GUESS......

dont come with hipocresy

so let people decide for themselve if the game s nice or not...

This discussion has been closed.