Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Joker, Harabeck, and Kole all jump ship?

GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

They no longer post it seems. Perhaps it's b/c that now that the vitriolic Darfkall fanboys have taken over the official boards they no longer want to post? I remember the community pre-launch. Good times, such an intelligent and peaceful community. But nope, seems like these games always attract the dreges of society...

But I digress where are they?

Comments

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

No real reason to post, other than in the trash talk forum.. And thats not good reason either. Fun to read though..

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

They simply chase the bananas...

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

Kole was just a forum warrior :)

• intoExileintoExile Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Gintoh

vitriolic Darfkall fanboys

Made me giggle.

• GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

On reflection I have realised at times I combat the vitriol with a rather rabid post. Is it that the vitriol is so great that it has somehow infected me? Things to ponder.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

I have no idea about Joker, and as far as I know Kole is still playing.

As for me, I stopped posting on the pre-release official forums after someone leaked screens of me in the beta build. I didn't want people hanging on every word I said. Then I was mostly posting on the beta forums. I stopped posting there when they handed out keys to everyone and their mother because they became a sesspool of whining. I made a few posts on the post-release forums, but have now stopped posting there as well. The trash talk forums (both it's officially endorsed existence and its content) is especially depressing.

To be frank, the community used to awesome and now it sucks. And honestly, that isn't helped by the game itself. Besides grinding (mobs or crafting parts...) the only thing to do is gank people. Even that feels pointless most of the time because so many people just run around the in the newbie gear that doesn't drop. I'm also upset at the pace of Masthead's patches. A duping bug that gave free mats just for getting a failure proc in crafting was reported in beta but was still around for a few days in release. Let me say that again, a bug that gave you effectively infinite crafting materials for doing nothing other than crafting normally was reported in beta and not fixed by release. They didn't remove /unstuck which is a get out of gank free button. Performance, desync issues, and server stability has, if anything, gotten worse since beta. Trying to get a group organized to do something other than grind was made nearly impossible because the servers seemed to be watching for such activity so that they can crash to keep you from it. The game has promise; in my head, Earthrise is an amazing game. But what's actually been released is something else entirely. So yes, I have "jumped ship".

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Originally posted by Gintoh

They no longer post it seems. Perhaps it's b/c that now that the vitriolic Darfkall fanboys have taken over the official boards they no longer want to post? I remember the community pre-launch. Good times, such an intelligent and peaceful community. But nope, seems like these games always attract the dreges of society...

But I digress where are they?

Agree, although i rarely post and just mostly lurking and post once in a while, but the pre launch community was probably the best bunch, i enjoy reading all the debates

then when CB invites started at around the end of January, everything changes so fast, the top posters stop posting, and more players comes, which is good to have much larger community, but to be spammed by the technical questions and all that stuffs, no more debating was around, no more good read

it's sad to see all the fan base from day 1 have mostly gone and jumped ship, it's understandable though.

So What Now?

• GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

See, at first I assumed it would be a sandbox with consequences, but it seems to be more just a pvp game. At first I thought the pvp would be like Eve, where it's a large component but there is so many other things to do also. This game seems to be more aimed to be just a pvp game which doesn't = a sandbox imo, just a shallow open world deathmatch. This naturally attracts the rabid internet warriors of the world instead of the more mature/older people like in Eve.

Then you're forced to grind the crap out of everything. Crafting isn't really deep b/c it's just like a really long to do list of parts to get before you can make it, not like SWG where you can alter the items stats (besides just quality). Also you can't progress though crafting b/c you must kill monsters for mats and if you don't grind up BP to compete against high Tier players you'll get ganked as soon as you walk out of town b/c the difference between tiers is so great. The gear/grind/pve centered progression feels extremely themepark and not sandbox at all.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by Harabeck

I have no idea about Joker, and as far as I know Kole is still playing.

As for me, I stopped posting on the pre-release official forums after someone leaked screens of me in the beta build. I didn't want people hanging on every word I said. Then I was mostly posting on the beta forums. I stopped posting there when they handed out keys to everyone and their mother because they became a sesspool of whining. I made a few posts on the post-release forums, but have now stopped posting there as well. The trash talk forums (both it's officially endorsed existence and its content) is especially depressing.

To be frank, the community used to awesome and now it sucks. And honestly, that isn't helped by the game itself. Besides grinding (mobs or crafting parts...) the only thing to do is gank people. Even that feels pointless most of the time because so many people just run around the in the newbie gear that doesn't drop. I'm also upset at the pace of Masthead's patches. A duping bug that gave free mats just for getting a failure proc in crafting was reported in beta but was still around for a few days in release. Let me say that again, a bug that gave you effectively infinite crafting materials for doing nothing other than crafting normally was reported in beta and not fixed by release. They didn't remove /unstuck which is a get out of gank free button. Performance, desync issues, and server stability has, if anything, gotten worse since beta. Trying to get a group organized to do something other than grind was made nearly impossible because the servers seemed to be watching for such activity so that they can crash to keep you from it. The game has promise; in my head, Earthrise is an amazing game. But what's actually been released is something else entirely. So yes, I have "jumped ship".

Harabeck you really are thick, arent you? And you get angry at me when i point out problems with the game and ER fans like you.  Youve doubted this game before you got into beta, but once they give you carrot you start to defend them, and now your back to your broken dreams, are you still going to yell "Troll" and "ER is super awesome"? i mean you deserve all the dirt i said about the game and fans. 

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by ConjureOne

ye Kole is quiet a character, he would argue with anyone about anytihng to show how intelligent he is, silly person.

Its quiet satisfying seeing all the fanbois shamefuly lower their heads in defeat. And not becuase this was anyone's agenda, but becuase your realize how wrong they were and they would still argue and defend their "dream" Their flag carrier was Joker whos head is lowest today. Why dont you guys tell me and others more about how we dont know what indie company or sandbox  game is; or what is beta and alpha test; or how we dont know how much money and resources is put into marketing, testing, developing, team staffing, coding and maintaning servers? We love here

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by M4ko

Originally posted by ConjureOne

ye Kole is quiet a character, he would argue with anyone about anytihng to show how intelligent he is, silly person.

Its quiet satisfying seeing all the fanbois shamefuly lower their heads in defeat. And not becuase this was anyone's agenda, but becuase your realize how wrong they were and they would still argue and defend their "dream" Their flag carrier was Joker whos head is lowest today. Why dont you guys tell me and others more about how we dont know what indie company or sandbox  game is; or what is beta and alpha test; or how we dont know how much money and resources is put into marketing, testing, developing, team staffing, coding and maintaning servers? We love here

They are fanbois and your a hater. Both as bad as each other. Shame for the poor forum goers that either get caught up or have to witness such crossfires.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Harabeck you really are thick, arent you? And you get angry at me when i point out problems with the game and ER fans like you.  Youve doubted this game before you got into beta, but once they give you carrot you start to defend them, and now your back to your broken dreams, are you still going to yell "Troll" and "ER is super awesome"? i mean you deserve all the dirt i said about the game and fans. 

You calling me thick? That's rich. If the game had done well you would have slunk off to your next troll target instead of being here. Most of the trollish complaints you've made have aboslutely nothing to do with what actually went wrong. It's like hating on a sports team by calling them truly less skilled and then yelling you were right when another team poaches their best players away. Call me a fanboy if you want, but my views on the game were based on fact, while yours were just ignorant trolling. Masthead dropped the ball in end game, that's all.

• QuietCuddlyQuietCuddly Member Posts: 6

You calling me thick? That's rich. If the game had done well you would have slunk off to your next troll target instead of being here. Most of the trollish complaints you've made have aboslutely nothing to do with what actually went wrong. It's like hating on a sports team by calling them truly less skilled and then yelling you were right when another team poaches their best players away. Call me a fanboy if you want, but my views on the game were based on fact, while yours were just ignorant trolling. Masthead dropped the ball in end game, that's all.

Ha ha ha ha ha. So obvious and so funny. So what is it that he said wasnt true? awkward controls? fps and ping drops? no content? no communication? We saw these problems long before launch and they were obvious. But all the fans disregarded those problems in hopes that they were just minor setbacks and their coveted scifi-sandbox mmorpg will make them cream in their panties when released. Please explain to us, oh dear devoted fan, why would MHS suddenly "drop the ball" right after realease? Could be, oh maybe, because there were problems long before the game even came out, and even more problems when it launched? oh maybe just maybe? Or in your opinion maybe MHS dropped the ball on their Beautiful, Addictive and Creative product because all these nasty trolls just trolled their brains out? Oh god so funny

How do you know what he would've done if the game did turn out to be good? Is he a chronic troll that trolls every single MMORPG?  He says that he followed the game for 2 years, so you mean to say that he followed the game for 2 years just to troll it? Most likely hes not, but you had to come up with something in your defense. You fanbois kept defending the game with arguments such as "this will be fixed" "this is expected" "this will improve" "you dont know this and that" while those who you called trolls brought up factual arguments about existing problems in the game which ive mentioned above. Of course your stance is understandable, no one wants to feel stupid or defeated, but if you were intelligent enough you would accept the facts. I'll give you props for not chanting "its beta" "its indy" "its a sandbox" like the legion of mindless drones that do here and ER forums, you did try to use logical explanations, but still wont accep the fact that you were wrong. Your buddies, kind of understood this, and stopped posting altogether. So yea, I agree, you are thick headed.

And community doesnt consist of just fanbois and trolls, it consist sof a spectrum of players that ranges from casual to dedicated, everyone has their opinions and expectations of the game. 

offtopic: interestingly enough, state of ER discussions reaveal some interesting points of human nature.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file