Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To those people who are misunderstanding Tera and Korean mmo

artworksartworks Member Posts: 2

I have a lv 50 priest and i have a fairly high level lancer. and i am in shara server and samchunggyoukdae clan.

shara  is the most populated server alon gwith arun and my clan is the largest in the whole game with

currently about 400 guild members.

currently i think that the game is very well balanced.

there are 4 major categories of classes.

tanker: lancer and warrior. melee dealer: berserker slayer. dealer: archer sorcerer. support: priest and mystic

the ratio of ranged classes to melee class is 50:50 in pretty much all of servers. ( u can check these stats at hangame)

archers are 15% of population and sorcerers are 15% of population as well in most severs. i think that archer sorcerer balance is just perfect. fighting against small numbers archers deal a massive damage while against larger numbers sorcerers are much better. however in a party u generally want to have both.

berserker and slayer is very well balanced as well. they both over around 9 - 10% in most servers. they both deal fair amount of damage and have unique skills. some say that berserkers have the highest dps though othes say archer or sorcerer. currently slayer is considered slightly better than berserker. however during the open beta before level cap was lifted from 40 to 50 berserker was considered better.

lancer and warrior is a hard bet to judge. before the warrior aggro increased warrior was considered to the most useless class while lancer was considered to the best class (its generally the leader of the party). however currently warrior is considered to be slightly better than lancer cuz with good evading skill u can get all the aggro while dealing a small amount of damage as well. in some servers warrior outnumber lancers by much while on other servers lancers outnumber warrior by much. the balance is up to debate

if u read the recent developers interview they accept that priest mystic is the biggest imba. at low levels before 40 there arent really much difference. u dont generally summon the elementals as mystic when u are doing partying. and tera is not a solo game. partying is pretty much a must if u are above lv 20. priest heal heals a lot. however mystic can heal others as well and it can also heal mana (wtf) in addition it can incease strength by 25 and increase the critical attack rate by 2 times. priest can also do some buffs as well. however they are defensive buffs. also the heal of priest has the highest aggro in the game. priest cannot just go up and heal cuz if u do that all monsters will run on u. when u heal or teammate the tanker needs also to taunt to get the aggro away from u. on the other hand mystic's heal is not high aggro. in addition mystic is one of the best pvp class while priest is the worst pvp class. there are other things mystic has bad. for example mystic has less mana than priest and their magic cost more mana. so they are constantly out of mana while priest has ample. at the beginning of beta priest outnumbered mystic by quite a bit and currently bhte ratio is that both have 10% each. many priest players switched to mystic.

and endd level content of tera is far from being revealed. according to the developers interview there  will be 20 areas/castles which u can rule and u can be elected as a lord by using political system or by war. they are planning to have massive guild wars and siege warfare involving thousdans of people (i wonder how they can manage it though). the lord will be able to levy tax or create new npcs. just like in lineage. and they are planning to have pvp only iteams such as bombs and installments. those people who say that 5 ppl party is all tera cna have is just retarded. it was created for massive warfares like in lineage 1 and 2.

also people doubt about its difficulty. it can vary much with ur class. at low level it is generally easy. at high level and end dungeons it is very hard. i personally think that dps dealers are the easiest of all. priest and mystic gets one shot death in end level dungeons. and priest deal no damage. when dps dealers attack they deal dozens of thousands of damage. however with priest attack it only deals 300 or 500 damage. but that is not an issue. the game was not made for solo play but for party play. in a party play at the high level. tankers main job is preventing units to attack the healer. while healers job is keeping the tanker alive. nowadays a 5 man party generally looks  like this: 1 healer 3-2 dealer 1-2 tanker. number of dealer and tanker and classes may vary. but party generally looks like that.

and i dont think pvp is that much of importance in the game when the most important thing is massive guild wars. currently pvp is imba.  classes like mystic and lancer are quite op in pvp. as a priest i dont enjoy pvp much cuz priests are bad at pvp curently. however as level goes higher (they already released plans for level 60) and as the pvp size gets larger i think that the priest will be the most imporant in the pvp. 

anymore questions ask meh

[mod edit]

Comments

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

What did this have to do with Korean MMO? Thanks for the input on the game but the thread title is misleading.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by Lathander81

What did this have to do with Korean MMO? Thanks for the input on the game but the thread title is misleading.

I guess its because a lot of people here are hating the game, claiming it to be a grinder for gear and levels just because its korean and it has no pve raids(aka the only end game content people think there is). 

A lot of people here that haven't even played the game are posting misleading info about it.And i think that's why he used this title. 

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

OP, you lost me...

Are you trying to say the Tera is just another asian grinder, with a bit of money spent on their part, to make the game last? (ie depth). Are you suggesting the developers actually went the extra mile, to bring their game up to MMORPG standards?

OK...   but understand, that Tera will now be compared to other AA titles and recieve full criticism.

But my question is, how is this game different than; Legends of Martial Arts,  Dynasty Warriors Online, Kitsu Saga, etc..  What differentiates itself from those game? Is it indeed just the fact that they are releasing it world wide, instead of solely in the east? Not sure of your convictions.

Every top tier MMORPG has what you mentioned in your OP. This might be the first Korean game, but most MMO released over the past 7 years have such things. What premis do you start this thread, or why is Tera different, again?

I understand that the combat is arcade based (fast paced) and is highly stylized, but is that the mainstay of this product. That it's a "different" kind of MMO? Or, is it like someone said in the other thread... it's different because they are porting it to the west.

To me, good MMORPG's are all about gameplay. I don't see anything new, or revolutionary here. Why is there so much hype?

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by Phelcher
    OP, you lost me...

Are you trying to say the Tera is just another asian grinder, with a bit of money spent on their part, to make the game last? (ie depth). Are you suggesting the developers actually went the extra mile, to bring their game up to MMORPG standards?
    OK...   but understand, that Tera will now be compared to other AA titles and recieve full criticism.

But my question is, how is this game different than; Legends of Martial Arts,  Dynasty Warriors Online, Kitsu Saga, etc..  What differentiates itself from those game? Is it indeed just the fact that they are releasing it world wide, instead of solely in the east? Not sure of your convictions.
    Every top tier MMORPG has what you mentioned in your OP. This might be the first Korean game, but most MMO released over the past 7 years have such things. What premis do you start this thread, or why is Tera different, again?
    I understand that the combat is arcade based (fast paced) and is highly stylized, but is that the mainstay of this product. That it's a "different" kind of MMO? Or, is it like someone said in the other thread... it's different because they are porting it to the west.

To me, good MMORPG's are all about gameplay. I don't see anything new, or revolutionary here. Why is there so much hype?

There's so much hype, because it's a good and polished game right from the start with fun combat.

In addition to that, there's not too much grind involved like usually seen in korean MMOs.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

I agree with the OP, this is THE BEST mmorpg ever made in the history of ever made games ever.......EVER.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

might as well just enjoy the game and stay off the forums cause the wow fanbois always feel threatened when another mmo arises, cause we all know how fun it is to run the same instanced dungeon over and over and over and over and over and over....

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

I agree with the OP, this is THE BEST mmorpg ever made in the history of ever made games ever.......EVER.

I agree with PsychoPigeon. Best game ever made on any plateform ever! 

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Mannish

I also have to agree here.

Best game in the history of GAMING,not just mmos

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by artworks

and endd level content of tera is far from being revealed. according to the developers interview there  will be 20 areas/castles which u can rule and u can be elected as a lord by using political system or by war. they are planning to have massive guild wars and siege warfare involving thousdans of people (i wonder how they can manage it though). the lord will be able to levy tax or create new npcs. just like in lineage. and they are planning to have pvp only iteams such as bombs and installments. those people who say that 5 ppl party is all tera cna have is just retarded. it was created for massive warfares like in lineage 1 and 2.

Uuuuhhhmmmm.....Could I like...get a source or link on that part?

Sup.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Phelcher

OP, you lost me...

There is not alot of hype for Tera. You and other know of it because we play MMO's and lurk on forums. I mean blizz has commericals on tv...thats hype. Also the free-targeting system, group gathering and political systems bring something new to the average MMO. Wether it will be successful is yet to be told but as it stand it has alot to offer.

• Tera hyped? Where? I miss something on tv? Lol. :D

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Somnicide

Originally posted by artworks

Uuuuhhhmmmm.....Could I like...get a source or link on that part?

+1

Tera end game actually is lacking and that will help to shape the game for the west, because a lacking end game is a dead game here.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

no1 is misunderstanding tera and korean mmo's. they just suck. gw2 will run tera into the ground, if it doesnt do it on its own.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by sonoggi

no1 is misunderstanding tera and korean mmo's. they just suck. gw2 will run tera into the ground, if it doesnt do it on its own.

Well from what I have seen ( two 50 min gameplay vid's),  I would have to say that GW2 needs to step there game up.  Because I find it lacking.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Comparing BtP with PtP is like comparing apples with oranges. To give you some perspective, lets say Dragon Age 2 is coming the same time as a new MMO launches. So what? Can't you play them both?

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Absolutely nothing in GW2 is proven. I'm as excited for GW2 as the next person but lets be honest here... It's entirely hype and nothing else. Most of the stuff we know is vague and sounds good on paper, but might be awful in practice. Hell, we dont even know all of the classes in the game.

But hey, blind fanboys will be blind.

Sup.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Thanks for posting, nice to hear its very party based as I like that (will have to find a mature guild quickly) and also that it gets noticeably harder as you progress.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Somnicide

Absolutely nothing in GW2 is proven. I'm as excited for GW2 as the next person but lets be honest here... It's entirely hype and nothing else. Most of the stuff we know is vague and sounds good on paper, but might be awful in practice. Hell, we dont even know all of the classes in the game.

But hey, blind fanboys will be blind.

im not a fanboy at all. i just know a good product when i see it. gw2 is pretty much the antithesis of current mmo's in many ways, as was proven by many many demos. every mechanic in the game is new and refreshing so far.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

The people who automatically think GRIND when they see korean, are the same who dislike the change in combat (anything other than click to target/spam123), so this posts like this are a lost cause.

There are enough people interested in this game to outweigh the near sighted negativity anyways. Some eyes will open later on, but for now everyones focus is on the flavour of the month Rift, once that goes live people will be looking for something else to latch onto and then say sucks when it releases too (how many times has this happened in the past already...).

Comments and hype seem like they are nothing more than made for the sake of drama, best just to form your own opinion, keep it to yourself, and ignore it all until a later date when it all actually matters.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

im not a fanboy at all. i just know a good product when i see it. gw2 is pretty much the antithesis of current mmo's in many ways, as was proven by many many demos. every mechanic in the game is new and refreshing so far.

... in theory of course. All games in development are like that. That is, until we get to trial them, then any issues start to emerge.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by just2duh

Comments and hype seem like they are nothing more than made for the sake of drama, best just to form your own opinion, keep it to yourself, and ignore it all until a later date when it all actually matters.

Exactly.Im tired of tera haters.I played the korean version of the game and it still was the best expierence i had in any mmo so far.

But in the end, who cares?People will still call it a grinder because they are rift or wow fanboys.Again to those people: have fun with the past gen graphics and the impossible to balance classes with your new clone.Go have your repeatable raids and battlegrounds every week.

We on the other hand are looking forward to the political system,player/guild housing and teritory control.And all these with an inovative combat system.

Can't see how tera can fail really.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I heard this about Rift, DCUO and Xsyon aswell. But rarely do I see a post explaining why they think it is so awesome.

I mean I could as easily say that it is the worst MMORPG ever made, without stating any reasons for it. But then I would probably by banned by mods for posting "excessive negative posts". But apparently excessive positive posts are fine, no wonder.

So why is it so great? Combat yes, but DCUO has that and is pretty much a lackluster game experience.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by Crynswind

Originally posted by Mannish

I also have to agree here.

Best game in the history of GAMING,not just mmos

TERA looks good.  I'm still not convinced how how well their style of combat will hold up over the long haul.  I not sure I'm keen to not being able to swing my camera to other angles while fighting...especially if there is any type of pvp environment.

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

but, this isn't dcuo...

plus dcuo has auto target & lock.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by SandaStunna

but, this isn't dcuo...

plus dcuo has auto target & lock.

So it is like Darkfalls combat, not a one that I personally enjoy as I usually play a healer and with a non targetting system healing gets overly complicated.

Not saying it is bad with such system, but not convinced that the combat system will make it the best game ever. MMORPGs are not only about (FPS) combat.