Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking forward....

lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

I am looking forward to trying this game. It seems as if it may be worthwhile.

HOWEVER

One thing I despise about eastern games is the high pitched repetitive wails during combat.

Yes I know I can mute the sound, but I love the ambient sounds. For instance, Aion had in the starter area some dudes that chooped wood and the sfx was tied to ambient sound, so there would constantly be this loud ass thud. That was only in that area however, but I could never get passed the high pitch shrieks during combat that seemed agonously repetitive.

From what Ive seen, it seems as if TERA will not be immune to this.

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by lectrocuda

I am looking forward to trying this game. It seems as if it may be worthwhile.

HOWEVER

One thing I despise about eastern games is the high pitched repetitive wails during combat.

Yes I know I can mute the sound, but I love the ambient sounds. For instance, Aion had in the starter area some dudes that chooped wood and the sfx was tied to ambient sound, so there would constantly be this loud ass thud. That was only in that area however, but I could never get passed the high pitch shrieks during combat that seemed agonously repetitive.

From what Ive seen, it seems as if TERA will not be immune to this.

God tell me about it.  Some of Aion's female voiceovers were so bad I would refuse to party with them or grind near them :/

Hopefully EnMass will get that right.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...