Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a breath of fresh air.

2»

Comments

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I don't care if it fails or not (even though I am pretty sure it will), I just don't want to see honest gamers spend their hard earned money on something like this.  Companies like Masthead should not be rewarded for releaseing such a sorry piece of software.  At first, even after playing the beta, I was kind of looking forward to maybe playing this game one day in the future, but every video, every visit to their official forums, makes me dislike this game more and more.  All of us had waited quite a long time to try to replace Tabula Rasa, or look for an alternative to Planetside, or relive our old days from SWG and I am personally upset that ER will never let me do any of those things.  I heard about this game quite a while ago and to see it be released in such a state is sad.  I just can't watch another video of it, with some random dudes, mashing their space bar, trying to hit a guy with 500 latency in the one hitbox.  I am permanently /unstuck 'ing myself from ER lol.

Shame on Masthead.....

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Worstluck

Even little features like a friends list, an /ignore feature, are not in the game.  No way to edit chat at all.  You are stuck with the red chat and inability to ignore the 12 year olds.  You can't even change the key bindings unless you fiddle with the .lua files.  No inverted mouse.  To top it off it runs like utter crap on many people's computers AND it's missing all those features you just listed.

I don't want to see the game fail in the least, I am just dissappointed in the current state of the game, and dissappointed that I cannot play it on my computer due to fps issues (a computer which plays every single MMO I currently own on medium/high settings).  I hope they fix the game, would love to play it.

there files you can edit to change chat color

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

I don't care if it fails or not (even though I am pretty sure it will), I just don't want to see honest gamers spend their hard earned money on something like this.  Companies like Masthead should not be rewarded for releaseing such a sorry piece of software.  At first, even after playing the beta, I was kind of looking forward to maybe playing this game one day in the future, but every video, every visit to their official forums, makes me dislike this game more and more.  All of us had waited quite a long time to try to replace Tabula Rasa, or look for an alternative to Planetside, or relive our old days from SWG and I am personally upset that ER will never let me do any of those things.  I heard about this game quite a while ago and to see it be released in such a state is sad.  I just can't watch another video of it, with some random dudes, mashing their space bar, trying to hit a guy with 500 latency in the one hitbox.  I am permanently /unstuck 'ing myself from ER lol.

Shame on Masthead.....

or just come back in a month or 2

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Raxeon

Shame on Masthead.....

or just come back in a month or 2

If you honestly beleive this game will change in a month or two, you are very new to the MMO genre.  Sorry man, but it ain't going to happen.  The software is poorly optimized, still in debug mode, and from the looks of it is plagued with memory leaks.  If they couldn't fix these things in their development cycles before release, how do you expect them to fix them in a month of two now that the game is live?

• BaihuigauBaihuigau Member Posts: 80

The client is still running in debug mode but i know why that is and its not the reason people think, the reason is because this is the client devs are using as in they dont have a inhouse fork of the client for the testing thats why its running the debug tool which is affecting gameplay, i had to turn off the recording of logs because players have reported logs as big as 10 gigs, once i did that it improved performance a bit since its not read writing my hard drive all the time, their server side code has a memory leak for sure, they seem to have to reboot their cluster every 5-6 hours or so.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file