Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love EQ2...No PvP makes me sad :-(

rockdocrockdoc Member Posts: 11

Ive been playing EQ2 since launch and ive been having tons o fun. incredible graphics, voice-overs, quests galore, craploads of items, all sorts of beaties, sweet zone designs, exciting battles, those damn question marks on the ground! ::::02:: etc etc.

sooner or later though (sooner for me) i just feel the need to kill someone else, duel or otherwise. is anyone else in the same position i am? love the game and want to poke the devs in the eyeballs for not putting in any pvp? pvp is what keeps a lot of the gamers gaming isnt it?

Comments

• stinger33stinger33 Member Posts: 66

I just started playing EQ2 today, and although the game looks kickass so far, i want pvp as well.. i think it'll make the game 110% better, when i played shadowbane i love the fact that it was everyone vs everyone and it was full open pvp, so hopefully pvp will soon come to EQ2

• rockdocrockdoc Member Posts: 11

i might be wrong, but i think the devs said that PvP would like never be in the game... very dissapointing. it would have really put this game over the top.

• nonjonronnonjonron Member Posts: 139
    Agreed.  I played on Sullon Zek from inception until last May.  I'm gambling on PvP in EQ2 and hoping that the developers have something up their sleeve.  Any thoughts or rumors regarding PvP enhancement appreciated.  Thanks.

• VorkVork Member Posts: 35

They said they have no plans for PvP at the moment, but that could change.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Originally posted by stinger33

I just started playing EQ2 today, and although the game looks kickass so far, i want pvp as well.. i think it'll make the game 110% better, when i played shadowbane i love the fact that it was everyone vs everyone and it was full open pvp, so hopefully pvp will soon come to EQ2

Everyone vs everyone huh ?? If that happens they should change the name to Evergank.  Do really want a level 30 to be able to kill a noob ??.  IMHO that would make the game worthless.

• stinger33stinger33 Member Posts: 66

I didnt say that I wanted that to happen to EQ2, I just simply said that was how it was in shadowbane, but I do wish they'd put some form of pvp in EQ. Read the post more carefully::::28::

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

I imagine somewhere down the raod they will implement pvp. After a slew of people start htiing caps or high levels I think the need for pvp will kick in. And SOE is a company, and they want our money. I think they'll do whatever it takes to keep the money coming in which includes putting in pvp. But of course, I could be wrong. So far I'm having a blast with the PvE, but I can see why some will want pvp.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Ive been really wanting PvP too. But I guess I will have to get my PvP urges out in Counter Strike Source.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• sifasifa Member Posts: 115
    Eq2 is an incomplete game. I noticed about 7 months back the devs hinted that the would be pvp at release but it seems that they ran out of time and realised the game with out it. They added some bull shit ipvp system (who gives a sh it what the top guild is any way image). Im so happy WoW is crushing eq2 in sales. That would teach ya to overlook pvp. In every single gaming review ive seen of eq2 they always get a minus for lack of pvp. Some gamers can live with no pvp but not me. What incentive do i have to kill the same predictable pve mobs over and over and over again just so i get some crappy shiny sword that does +1 dmg over my old sword ...... 4 of my friends and I where planning on picking up eq2 but once the devs came up with their "we have no plans for pvp" statements that put an end to that. Its 1 thing to say that you are working on implementing pvp in game that would be in  a couple of months but to come out and flat out say that you have no plans for adding pvp to eq2 is just too cold. Well after 5 years on top it looks like the everquest series has finaly been dethroned image. Eqlive might have kept people playing for 5+ years but that was because its was a revolutionary game but now with so much competetion around you cant release sub par products and expect to get a big player base.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by sifa
    Eq2 is an incomplete game. I noticed about 7 months back the devs hinted that the would be pvp at release but it seems that they ran out of time and realised the game with out it. They added some bull shit ipvp system (who gives a sh it what the top guild is any way image). Im so happy WoW is crushing eq2 in sales. That would teach ya to overlook pvp. In every single gaming review ive seen of eq2 they always get a minus for lack of pvp. Some gamers can live with no pvp but not me. What incentive do i have to kill the same predictable pve mobs over and over and over again just so i get some crappy shiny sword that does +1 dmg over my old sword ...... 4 of my friends and I where planning on picking up eq2 but once the devs came up with their "we have no plans for pvp" statements that put an end to that. Its 1 thing to say that you are working on implementing pvp in game that would be in  a couple of months but to come out and flat out say that you have no plans for adding pvp to eq2 is just too cold. Well after 5 years on top it looks like the everquest series has finaly been dethroned image. Eqlive might have kept people playing for 5+ years but that was because its was a revolutionary game but now with so much competetion around you cant release sub par products and expect to get a big player base.

Dude learn to use paragraphs please.

Well maybe i missed some points because ofr how messy this post is but here is what i gather..

You say EQ2 is a sub par product.Thats very narrow minded.What you are saying is any game that does not have pvp in your mind is sub par.Please.

That SoE should not expect big sales.It has 30 servers packed from full to heavy load when it had planned originally for only 15 servers so they got the big player base and big sales already and are not expecting as it has happened.

That the developers hinted 7 months ago there will be pvp at release.Erm i was in the first beta along with friends and never heard them say they will be pvp at launch.All they ever hinted was pvp will be added at a later date with addition of new pvp servers when the time comes.So unless you have a link for this this is another bull statement .

Yes SoE alienated many customers  by not adding pvp at release but not as many as they could have gotten by permitting low end main stream cards like mx series to run the game.I know much more that ran away from EQ2 because of the high specs rather then pvp.But they are sticking to their guns to make a good job with their baby which is EQ2.This they have build an engine for the future and foresaken some inital sales and will probably bring in pvp on specific servers when they have balanced out the classes and have sorted a pvp system that actually has meaning.

Everquest series has been dethroned.Erm lineage has over 2 million accounts and FFXI has 1.5million so really they never had the throne and as far as i know this 2 games are still the top 2 as it was 6 months ago.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by hercules
    Originally posted by sifa Eq2 is an incomplete game. I noticed about 7 months back the devs hinted that the would be pvp at release but it seems that they ran out of time and realised the game with out it. They added some bull shit ipvp system (who gives a sh it what the top guild is any way image). Im so happy WoW is crushing eq2 in sales. That would teach ya to overlook pvp. In every single gaming review ive seen of eq2 they always get a minus for lack of pvp. Some gamers can live with no pvp but not me. What incentive do i have to kill the same predictable pve mobs over and over and over again just so i get some crappy shiny sword that does +1 dmg over my old sword ...... 4 of my friends and I where planning on picking up eq2 but once the devs came up with their "we have no plans for pvp" statements that put an end to that. Its 1 thing to say that you are working on implementing pvp in game that would be in  a couple of months but to come out and flat out say that you have no plans for adding pvp to eq2 is just too cold. Well after 5 years on top it looks like the everquest series has finaly been dethroned image. Eqlive might have kept people playing for 5+ years but that was because its was a revolutionary game but now with so much competetion around you cant release sub par products and expect to get a big player base. Dude learn to use paragraphs please.
    Well maybe i missed some points because ofr how messy this post is but here is what i gather..
    You say EQ2 is a sub par product.Thats very narrow minded.What you are saying is any game that does not have pvp in your mind is sub par.Please.
    That SoE should not expect big sales.It has 30 servers packed from full to heavy load when it had planned originally for only 15 servers so they got the big player base and big sales already and are not expecting as it has happened.
    That the developers hinted 7 months ago there will be pvp at release.Erm i was in the first beta along with friends and never heard them say they will be pvp at launch.All they ever hinted was pvp will be added at a later date with addition of new pvp servers when the time comes.So unless you have a link for this this is another bull statement .
    Yes SoE alienated many customers  by not adding pvp at release but not as many as they could have gotten by permitting low end main stream cards like mx series to run the game.I know much more that ran away from EQ2 because of the high specs rather then pvp.But they are sticking to their guns to make a good job with their baby which is EQ2.This they have build an engine for the future and foresaken some inital sales and will probably bring in pvp on specific servers when they have balanced out the classes and have sorted a pvp system that actually has meaning.
    Everquest series has been dethroned.Erm lineage has over 2 million accounts and FFXI has 1.5million so really they never had the throne and as far as i know this 2 games are still the top 2 as it was 6 months ago.

Actually EQ2 originally was slated to be all or near all PvP, then they pulled that quite some time ago and flipped the other way. But that happenned well before there was even any hype of it coming soon.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

I think it's good that they scrapped the PvP in development and focused on other things. Look at WoW, currently they have half-assed PvP without purpose and their (in)famous Bttlegrounds are yet to be implemented.
    If SOE ever comes with PvP i hope it'll be some working PvP system.

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Well why have they made an arena in bouth the main citys??
    Also I had a grafic glitch that let me see inside the arena right next to the Commonlands door in Freeport and i saw flags hanging above the doors and steps all around like the Colosseum. So why make all that if they dont plan on using it?

So i feel that PvP will come, but not soon. I think they are working on a system on how to get it to work. Also must be hard because its lame that u can inspect ppl to see what they are using (PvP looses it charm then imo). Might come as an expansion.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Zrazik
    I think it's good that they scrapped the PvP in development and focused on other things. Look at WoW, currently they have half-assed PvP without purpose and their (in)famous Bttlegrounds are yet to be implemented.
    If SOE ever comes with PvP i hope it'll be some working PvP system.

I stopped PvP'ing after UO which I only did out to survive as well as to keep the local jerk off's from terrorizing newbies around my properties. I have had no desire to since except once I tried it in DAoC and even with their efforts, it was still PvP instead of RvR, I saw no mass armies waging war against each other, just little wolf packs running around with characters that are severly slanted for doing just that to kill wandering parties of other realms.

When I want PvP I go play Battlefield or Battlefront.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World