Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Max your FPS

skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I was playing with some things trying to see if I could get weather effects to show up on Win7 and accidentaly gave my FPS a major boost. For you Win7 (and maybe Vista) VG players out there try the following:

1. Turn off Aero

2. Right click the VGclient.exe file.

3. Click "Properties"

4.  Click "Compatability"

5. Check "Run this program in compatability mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2"

6. Check "Disable visual themes"

7. Check "Disable desktop composition"

8. Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

9. Enjoy higher VG FPS!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Question, if I run it in compatibility mode like you suggest will it finally rain for me in Vanguard? I run windows 7.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Have you tried disabling Hardware Occlusion? For some reason messing with that setting seems to fix a lot of glitchy graphics.

That rain thing is the weirdest bug that I've heard of in VG. I've met a couple of people who have it as well and it astounds me every time since I'm using such a crappy computer compared to them.

I run VG on XP, on a 4 year old computer that I built myself, and get around 20 to 30 FPS in raids with no graphical problems and everything on high (except shadows). That's probably because I don't have all of that background Windows crap going on to worry about.

SOE seems to be planning some content updates at the end of this year (better late then never?) so I would imagine that a lot of graphical bugs would be polished out as well. One can hope, anyway.

Thanks for the performance tweak, skeaser!

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

This is all you need, really!