Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 videos of slayer class

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Mid lvl Aman slayer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvw2FY6wFHo

How choice of race effects combat animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WFUZzAHjsw&feature=related

~bonus~

duel video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOrxuA2JK2U

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

This game actually looks fun. It's just a shame it has to stick to P2P like other mmos.

• nimbuszero2nimbuszero2 Member Posts: 43

Yeah sure is a shame they work for years and years on something and expect people to pay for the fruits of their labor. When will the madness end?!?!

Originally posted by nimbuszero2

Yeah sure is a shame they work for years and years on something and expect people to pay for the fruits of their labor. When will the madness end?!?!

http://www.guildwars.com/events/tradeshows/gc2007/gcspeech.php

Subscription fees are a blatant and unnecessary money grab. There is no reason for any game at all to ever have a subscription fee.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

There are many ways companies can make money,  the only one I really don't care for is f2p and that one is with exceptions like LoTr.  at least of me that is.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by romanator0

Subscription fees are a blatant and unnecessary money grab. There is no reason for any game at all to ever have a subscription fee.

Yeah, kinda like how gas, electricity, and internet fees are blatant and unnecessary money grabs.

Sup.

Originally posted by Somnicide

Yeah, kinda like how gas, electricity, and internet fees are blatant and unnecessary money grabs.

Even if they aren't money grabs they are still unnecessary. You cannot refute that. Before MMO's I haven't even heard of a video game with a subscription fee. Even if the fee was necessary to keep servers up when MMO's were new, GW1 is proof that a sub fee isn't necessary to keep servers up or to keep adding content. And if you want to say that GW1 isn't proof because it isn't an MMO, GW2 is trying to reprove that idea.

Edit: I'm also not talking about gas, electricity, or internet. I'm talking strictly about video games and MMO's.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

All of your examples are far overpriced commodities.

Just sayin'

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Even if they aren't money grabs they are still unnecessary. You cannot refute that. Before MMO's I haven't even heard of a video game with a subscription fee. Even if the fee was necessary to keep servers up when MMO's were new, GW1 is proof that a sub fee isn't necessary to keep servers up or to keep adding content. And if you want to say that GW1 isn't proof because it isn't an MMO, GW2 is trying to reprove that idea.

Edit: I'm also not talking about gas, electricity, or internet. I'm talking strictly about video games and MMO's.

GW1 was an awesome game but because they didn't didn't have money coming in from subs it had many limits. Also GWs sold items to enhance your gameplay and they sold expansions. This allow thems to maintain their 1 server where other games have many more servers to upkeep.

There are many many things that keep a game going and money is the main thing. I feel like a I'm being nickel and dimed in f2p for everything. At least in a p2p I know how much I have to pay to enjoy the game.  Subscriptions are very nessasary to employ people, maintain hardware, maintain over head (the building they work in), and pay for developement of new content. $15 a month is a small price to pay for a quality game.

Thanks for derailing my thread guys...>_<

please take that BS somewhere else.

Originally posted by Lathander81

GW1 was an awesome game but because they didn't didn't have money coming in from subs it had many limits. Also GWs sold items to enhance your gameplay and they sold expansions. This allow thems to maintain their 1 server where other games have many more servers to upkeep.

There are many many things that keep a game going and money is the main thing. I feel like a I'm being nickel and dimed in f2p for everything. At least in a p2p I know how much I have to pay to enjoy the game.  Subscriptions are very nessasary to employ people, maintain hardware, maintain over head (the building they work in), and pay for developement of new content. $15 a month is a small price to pay for a quality game.

If you read the speech i posted Jeff Strain (one of the founders of Anet who also worked on some of Blizzard's major games) clearly states that subscriptions aren't necessary in an entire section entitled "Don't count on subscriptions".

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it. Gamers may buy the argument that your MMO requires a subscription fee, if you can tell them what they are getting for their money. This is the legacy of games like Guild WarsMaple Story, and Silkroad Online, all of which introduced new business models into the MMO genre and were quite successful. The subscription model is still perfectly viable, but the pain threshold is very low now. It's no secret that gamers don't want to pay a subscription fee. If you can convince them that your game offers enough value to justify it, more power to you! But be prepared to defend your decision, often and loudly, and back it up over the lifetime of your game."

Edit: if you want to continue this discussion with me feel free to start a thread about it or PM me.

Originally posted by stayontarget

Sorry. :(

Originally posted by stayontarget

Sorry. :(

no worries.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

I don't really care to continue this conversation because its fruitless. I'm going to pay my $15 a month to play a game I want to play instead of 25-30 to keep up with the other players buying wins on F2p games.

Back on topic and sorry Stayontarget,

The game looks so awesome and thanks for posting an Amani. Not many of them get love!

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

Thanks for the videos. But damn you for making me want this game even more :<

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Super love news on this game keep em coming.

Chamber of Chains
  • kalimahkalimah Member Posts: 44

ROFL... Look at the size of the weapons..  How stupid..

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Game is looking more awesome every day cant wait toplay this! Thanks for the videos.

• ROFTL... Loook at these western games, all are the same wow tab target skillfest crap.. how stupid...

Back on topic, this guy should made more combinations with different classes, is really entertaining. :D

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

This game actually looks fun. It's just a shame it has to stick to P2P like other mmos.

If you want crappy pay 2 win mmos, there are plenty of them.