Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farming & Cooking

Hi guys

Rather strange question maybe :P

I used to play during launch but now I have only  a PC that barely runs it :(

I always enjoyed cooking & farming in the game so I'm wondering if it's possible to just do that and make money ?

did they add anything significant to the two professions?

I'll check it soon but the download is SLOW :(

Comments

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

Yes, you can make money on cooking. Crafted Food sells very well; atleast on the EU server..

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98

Farming has changed a lot. You no longer need five seeds of each item you want to farm, they now use one type of generic seeds at each tier. That makes things a lot cheaper, not to mention the savings in storage space.

Most crafted foods sell pretty well, especially at the higher levels. Don't know when the last time was you played, but they've added a lot of recipes and items to both farming and cooking. 

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

I have a lvl 50ish burglar and I am pretty high in cooking farming I think...

My PC *cannot really play* LOTRO ( i cant really do quests or raids is too sluggish) but may be good enough for just killing some time :P

• cowboyhugbeecowboyhugbee Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by zspawn

I used to play during launch but now I have only  a PC that barely runs it :(

I always enjoyed cooking & farming in the game so I'm wondering if it's possible to just do that and make money ?

did they add anything significant to the two professions?

As for the computer, yeah, you'll need a decent card to run it at top graphics.  If you're looking, my cheap $65 ATI 4670HD runs it at around 40 FPS in Bree, 50-60 FPS outside (it can run FFXIV pretty smoothly too!).  You'll probably need to chalk up for a power supply as well, though, which can set you back another $40 or more. 

You can play it at low-res with no problem though.

As for cooking and farming, I assume you CAN do it without leveling, but in order to a) get enough cash to get started and b) harvest the required ingredients, you'll need to level up at least a little.  For instance, some of the Mastery-quests for Metalsmith require killing some level 30+ mobs, so in essence, there are leveling requirements for some professions. 

MAIN: LOTRO (Chedriin Azariah, Landroval), STO (Jay Andover)

SIDE: FFXIV, RoM, Wakfu