Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any beginner guide ?

DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Hi I just bought the game, downloaded and installed.

I login and then I have no idea what I should do and I try to search the web there isn't much info.

can anyone here help me to start?

Comments

• willbonneywillbonney Member UncommonPosts: 72

Willbonney, a.k.a. William H Bonney, a.k.a. William Antrem, a.k.a. Billy the Kid
    "I'll make ya' famous."
    "Best dollar 'n eighty I ever spent."

• DelmaiDelmai Member Posts: 15

download the xsyon manual on the "My Account" site. or ask ingame via /y its a helpfully community.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

ahh Thx !!

I have been wonder all day long how do I chat globally !!

hahaha !!

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Great community like what was already said, you can PM me with questions here if you like I have been in beta since early March '10. There is a total wipe coming this week, for a features update and terrain contest. Going to be a lot of people on line over the weekend I think. The game forums are great as well, you can ask questions there as well as find a lot of answers to your game questions. It's a great game, don't let the new game frustrations get to you, it only takes a day maybe 2 to get in full swing.

Good Luck,

Tredo

• chaotix999chaotix999 Member Posts: 4

So true that it may take a moment to learn but once you do the game is amazing.There are many forum posts, the booklet on the game itself and as of late some YouTube videos done to help new players to get in. If nothing else (now that you know the global chat) the players are more then happy to help as well.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

So Xsyon did the same as MO huh? Pre-order to get into beta? Oh man...  This is bad lmao. Will there  be open beta or even demo? I'm not wasting mroe money on game like this lol. Darkfall, Mortal Onlin ad soon earthrise are failing... so I dont see what Xsyon could be better in lol.

• DelmaiDelmai Member Posts: 15

<span class="hps" title="Zur Anzeige alternativer

• SookieSmoothSookieSmooth Member UncommonPosts: 7

I dont see Darkfall failing anytime soon. Earthrise to soon to tell am in beta now and its leaps and bounds better than Mortal Online (which I could see shutting down soon) but it is not as polished as Darkfall imo but has a refreshing design so tired of the orc goblin fantasy crap......Xsyon is a game I have been interested in for quite some time as well but I dont know. Could anyone in the beta know pm me with what they really love and hate about xsyon to help sway my decision to buy it or discourage lol.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by SookieSmooth

I dont see Darkfall failing anytime soon. Earthrise to soon to tell am in beta now and its leaps and bounds better than Mortal Online (which I could see shutting down soon) but it is not as polished as Darkfall imo but has a refreshing design so tired of the orc goblin fantasy crap......Xsyon is a game I have been interested in for quite some time as well but I dont know. Could anyone in the beta know pm me with what they really love and hate about xsyon to help sway my decision to buy it or discourage lol.

will has 2 very long posts in this forum, they might help :)

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Thanks for the info!

More homework to do !! :p

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Here is a new thread I put all the info you will need to make a decision and get some great insight to the game;

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/514/view/forums/thread/305775/Guides-and-Tutorials.html

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

Thanks. I will read through this.

I do love the feeling of clulessless in a new game, but yikes... I simply have no idea what to do right from scratch. Which stats? Which skills?

Any more beginner guides would be very helpful.

Thanks!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Also, watch these tutorial videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Saintbob001

Saintbob has made some really nice video tutorials. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by markyturnip

I do love the feeling of clulessless in a new game, but yikes... I simply have no idea what to do right from scratch. Which stats? Which skills?

Thanks!

I am going to take a wild guess that getting a good source of food and shelter will always be a first win.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Originally posted by markyturnip

Thanks!

I am going to take a wild guess that getting a good source of food and shelter will always be a first win.

ho ho.

I am quite happy exploring etc and working this out. That's why i put money intoi this game, on a whim. (at last! something which feels like terra incognita)

But... I don't know how to use the controls etc.

I am sure I can work it out, but a beginner's guide which covered some very basic things like that would be fab.

If no such guides exist, no worries... off into teh wildreness I go!