Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Game 2011

CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

This game is probably the worst MMORPG title on the market. Anyone who does not believe me get a beta key and hop into the game. Character creation is lacking as crap, UI sucks, and of course the movement controls are HORRID.

Comments

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Originally posted by Celusios

This game is probably the worst MMORPG title on the market. Anyone who does not believe me get a beta key and hop into the game. Character creation is lacking as crap, UI sucks, and of course the movement controls are HORRID.

I haven't played the game yet. Character creation, UI, and movement controls? That's it?

What about other aspects of the game?

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by gigat

I haven't played the game yet. Character creation, UI, and movement controls? That's it?

It was so shitty I couldn't even bother. This is all opinionated of course... I couldn't even really move. Like tradtionally you can click or move with WSAD. Well you can move with WSAD however, it's not entirely accurate nor does the camera move. Character creation you get like 10 faces to pick from, and a few hair styles. You cannot customize anything but those (and race of course and skin color/hair color). UI looks like some stuff from 2001. The quests made no sense.. nor was there a story introduction to explain anything going on.

On a positive note, it does have some pretty nice looking graphics.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I want to try this POS game but I can't get a key.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Wasnt this game in development for some time already ? , and this is their best effort .

oh well maybe it will go free to play sooner than we think .

Originally posted by micona

Wasnt this game in development for some time already ? , and this is their best effort .

oh well maybe it will go free to play sooner than we think .

I feel as though this game just went into development. It's really sad the products being put out on the market these days.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Well, I have played for about 3 hours total, there is not story line, there is not direction, graphics are no better than Runes of Magic, UI is for sure something from 2001 or before. The game play sucks, there is not course of tutorials for anything other then go kill this with this gun, go kill this with this other gun and thats about it. Once you get off the n00b island more of go kill this, and then go kill that, no tutorial for crafting or anything else. You basically walk around lost and hope someone tells you were to go find the mob you need to kill. Controls are horrid, you have to know the right combination of keys to get the outcome you need in order to pick something or to click something or to go into combat mode or look around... horrible set up. Epic fail imho worse then FFIVX.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Originally posted by Tredo

Well, I have played for about 3 hours total, there is not story line, there is not direction, graphics are no better than Runes of Magic, UI is for sure something from 2001 or before. The game play sucks, there is not course of tutorials for anything other then go kill this with this gun, go kill this with this other gun and thats about it. Once you get off the n00b island more of go kill this, and then go kill that, no tutorial for crafting or anything else. You basically walk around lost and hope someone tells you were to go find the mob you need to kill. Controls are horrid, you have to know the right combination of keys to get the outcome you need in order to pick something or to click something or to go into combat mode or look around... horrible set up. Epic fail imho worse then FFIVX.

WEll, no quests and no tutorials could be a good thing, if they are trying to make this game totally player driven, but so far there seems to be no content at all to drive

Originally posted by Tredo

This is exactly how I pictured the rest of the game before I quit. I am glad someone clarified it up for me. I honestly hope they do serious work to this game.

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

I'm having a great time with my guildmates playing! Yea, the lag sucks, but the core is whats important. The little stuff can be, and will be fixed.

This type of game is not for everyone, but for the guys out there bashing it while it's still in beta, yer whiners. Ya havent paid a dime and yer still willing to talk trash.

So, whatever game you do like...Play it!  Stop wasting yer time posting.

I had a SWG moment tonight..Standing with a friend of mine on a large plateau, overlooking a choke point, and envisioning a base camp. Would have build a campfire with chairs to sit and talk about it, but thats not yet an option.:)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

It was so shitty I couldn't even bother. This is all opinionated of course... I couldn't even really move. Like tradtionally you can click or move with WSAD. Well you can move with WSAD however, it's not entirely accurate nor does the camera move. Character creation you get like 10 faces to pick from, and a few hair styles. You cannot customize anything but those (and race of course and skin color/hair color). UI looks like some stuff from 2001. The quests made no sense.. nor was there a story introduction to explain anything going on.

Concerning the movement problems, if you hit the tab key it with put the arrow (exploration mode) or reticule (combat mode) dead center and lock it. So you can swing your char around freely with your mouse and move with WASD, also you can strafe with QE.

I don't know if you know that but if you don't, TRY IT NOW AND HAVE FUN!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

Concerning the movement problems, if you hit the tab key it with put the arrow (exploration mode) or reticule (combat mode) dead center and lock it. So you can swing your char around freely with your mouse and move with WASD, also you can strafe with QE.

I don't know if you know that but if you don't, TRY IT NOW AND HAVE FUN!

I'll give that a looksie. As for the poster above, please leave fanboy. Why would I pay for a product in this current state?

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

basicly I agree with the hate, except the landscape graphics really looked awesome tbh, the controls are insane, true dat :)

PS fanbois ftw !!!11

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Controls are fine. All you need to remember is that you turn with LMB+mouse, not RMB+mouse as in many other games.

Also, this game is still incomplete. You can't compare ER in its current state to any already finished game.

I liked a lot what I saw in OB, but I'll wait few months until the game is ready.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Compared to other indie snadboxes (DF and MO) its really good so far except for the perforamnce. If they delay it a month it will probably be pretty good.

Its funny that 90% of the posts here are whining about there being no old school MMOs being released and now when they do come out everyone just trash them.

Fallen earth had simillar problems just before launch and delayed for a couple of weeks and turned out pretty good.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by =FTS=Fish

I'm having a great time with my guildmates playing! Yea, the lag sucks, but the core is whats important. The little stuff can be, and will be fixed.

This type of game is not for everyone, but for the guys out there bashing it while it's still in beta, yer whiners. Ya havent paid a dime and yer still willing to talk trash.

So, whatever game you do like...Play it!  Stop wasting yer time posting.

I had a SWG moment tonight..Standing with a friend of mine on a large plateau, overlooking a choke point, and envisioning a base camp. Would have build a campfire with chairs to sit and talk about it, but thats not yet an option.:)

Do as i say, dont do as i do , eh

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Early contender for worst game of 2011, for sure.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Originally posted by Papadam

Compared to other indie snadboxes (DF and MO) its really good so far except for the perforamnce. If they delay it a month it will probably be pretty good.

Its funny that 90% of the posts here are whining about there being no old school MMOs being released and now when they do come out everyone just trash them.

Fallen earth had simillar problems just before launch and delayed for a couple of weeks and turned out pretty good.

I was in the Fallen Earth beta for the last couple of months and in the live game for the first few months. I don't remember the performance ever being as bad as Earthrise is atm. It had a few minor bugs such as rubberbanding in busy towns but nothing major I can remember.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I will probably wait a few months to see how this game goes. I waited a few months to see how MO was turning out, and I am still glad I did not buy that game. Hopefully, this game will be better then the MO disaster. I did like the scenery, but the quests were all the same of kill 10 of this kill 10 of that, and that did get old fast.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Exactly!!!

But seriously you can see the framework for a game exists and it looks really promising. Sadly all there is to do at the moment is shoot stuff and (to the guy who mentioned FE) FE in early alpha had more rewarding combat. Controlling your character is a bit like being out of your gourd skippering an oil tanker. (So not crisp).

It's weird but I haven't written it off. If they can sort it all out (and that will take months not weeks) then I certainly would hop in. I guess it's a wait for a trial jobby.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I feel as though this game just went into development. It's really sad the products being put out on the market these days.

Yeah, actually it's kinda scandalous. This is the sort of thing that I would expect to be shown to potential funders not to potential customers. I just wonder if they have what it takes to get it in shape.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

This is just like the thread that say Rift is the best game of 2011, stop sharing out "awards" before the year is over. Just say thta you don't like it and why.

• EveJunkieEveJunkie Member UncommonPosts: 21

I waited years for this and finally got a beta key. After playing for a short while... what have they been doing all these years? This isnt even close to being ready for release. Its not even beta standard its alpha, I'm crushed. :(

Everything I saw in game felt sloppy and poorly developed. I really wanted to give it a honest try and hope that it would improve but I really couldnt put up with it. Really basic things like that you cant even remap your keys without editing LUA files as they've not put that functionality in yet. It was so poorly done I got angry at the wasted potential and uninstalled.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Those flamming, did you research the game prior to installing and know the type of game it was or did you just think 'excelent, free game for a bit'? Not an insult, a genuine question, nothing wrong with free game :)

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by EveJunkie

I waited years for this and finally got a beta key. After playing for a short while... what have they been doing all these years? This isnt even close to being ready for release. Its not even beta standard its alpha, I'm crushed. :(

Everything I saw in game felt sloppy and poorly developed. I really wanted to give it a honest try and hope that it would improve but I really couldnt put up with it. Really basic things like that you cant even remap your keys without editing LUA files as they've not put that functionality in yet. It was so poorly done I got angry at the wasted potential and uninstalled.

This is exactly how I feel about the game. A few years ago I was really hyped about the game and kept checking fairly often for release dates / beta dates. And yes, the game plays as if it's in Alpha. Whatever excuses or cakes you ER fanbois come with it doesn't change the fact that this IS NOT something that should be released in a few days. They might be a bunch of indie developers, but how many years has this been in development? How many years have they had the "Exclusive Screenshots"? And how many beta videos have we gotten? This might not have much to do with the actual development team, but sure as hell needs a lot more work before being released.

As for the controls, oh god this must be the clunkiest and worst controls I've ever come across. If you're in battle mode without the camera locked to your cursor, you can't turn the character (only the camera). When the camera is locked, if you turn too fast your character turns too much and kind of moves the camera by itself (somewhat like Oblivion in 3rd person view). Also, the jumping, it's like you're a fat McDonalds regular trying to jump, you barely get off the ground.

I really don't want to trash-talk this game, but the state of the game has led me to do so. It's in a state so far away from anything releasable that I really have to throw my opinions out here. All I can say is good luck to the devs trying to get this game as good and stable as possible so they don't go bankrupt or the game dies completely. I for one won't put my hands on this game for probably a year or more. I'll give them that much time to fix it before I give it a shot.

/Whiney off

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Nothing can be worse than MO LOL..

Saying that the price alone scared me away from this game...

i do like sandbox type games.. I play darkfall at the moment and love it..

I was looking forward to a decend scifi game but from what ive been reading im really glad i never bothered pre-ordering..

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file