Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lvl 38 Priest + Lvl 30 Lancer

azulcelesteazulceleste Member Posts: 7

So, after playing two characters to the levels mentioned in the title, I find out that I have several options in terms of what to do to level up.

1. I can do all the quests (both mission and hunting).

2. I can just do the mission quests and any hunting quests I happen to be interested in.

3. I can do the mission quests and do dungeon runs farming for elite/legend items.

4. I can do the mission quests and go kill elite monsters nonstop who have repeatable quests on their heads.

5. Or any mix of the above.

This was a pleasant surprise for someone who has played WOW and Lineage II.

Anyway, still fun to play and looking forward to visiting to my home country today (Allemancia - High Elf).

Comments

• santimiarsantimiar Member Posts: 129

what is the differences between missions and hunting?

• azulcelesteazulceleste Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by santimiar

what is the differences between missions and hunting?

Hunting quests are optional quests (yellow color).

Mission quests are mandatory to progress on the story and receive further misson quests (red color).

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Is there any way to level up through PvP?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Hmmm... I haven't seen any information on that, so I guess you can't gain EXP by PVP.

Then again, I haven't tried it yet...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

There are also guild quest (blue).

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Originally posted by Rohn
    Is there any way to level up through PvP?

The pvp server ruleset will be a western feature only but we haven't enought info yet.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

So you have to do the Missions but of the other ways you mentioned which are the most rewarding as far as getting money, loot drops and gear?

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Mannish

So you have to do the Missions but of the other ways you mentioned which are the most rewarding as far as getting money, loot drops and gear?

From my exp. killing elites in a group is the best way and the more fun, anyway for gear in all MMO's i usually go to that magic mob tha is always up with awesome loot called... auction house.

• bastionixbastionix Member Posts: 547

Are people playing in betas right now then? Sorry just hear about this game.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by judex99

From my exp. killing elites in a group is the best way and the more fun, anyway for gear in all MMO's i usually go to that magic mob tha is always up with awesome loot called... auction house.

I did not ask what's the best way to buy gear. I was asking the OP which method did he find the most rewarding from what he listed.
  • raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by bastionix

Are people playing in betas right now then? Sorry just hear about this game.

The game released in Korea 25th of January this year, as for Europe and the US, no dates are known as of yet.

Edit: Damn you OP for being able to play the game! I want to try it so badly but sadly, I don't know any Korean residents to help me get an account (and buying a pre-activated one is a no-go). Korea has stupid account security :(

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

So how grindy is it? Say Between Wow and Lineage 2 as reference points? Leveling up grind that is, item grind and faction grind is another thing.

• yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

How customizable are characters? There is only 1 healer class and 1 tank class, my concern is if anyone playing a healer will pretty much be exactly like the other healers. 

I was gonna ask a bunch of questions about pvp but you said you haven't done any :(. Figured i'd still ask one or two. 

- Are there huge death penalties in the game? I always found in Lineage 2 there wasn't that much pvp since everyone didn't want to die. So it would be mostly ganking and or chasing after someone for hours. 

• SoarecuSoarecu Member Posts: 8

@Loke666 - At lvl 40 doing boss runs in the lvl 38 instance I was getting 8-9% per run (about 30 minutes). It's not grindy at all, actually I think it's too easy to lvl.

@Yoyo - There is limited customization, you can spend points to enchant skills (increased effect, lower cooldown etc) / use crystals for weapon armor (increase crit when condition is met, hp or mp regen etc). Also frowm what I've seen not all weapons for a lvl have the same bonuses so you can choose that too (not sure what difference they make though, as a priest. I go for increased healing effects anyway :)). All in all, limited options. To be honest I prefer it like this, might as well keep it simple since people always go for the same few builds no matter how much choices they're given.

- Death penalty is very light. You lose "stamina" which can be replenished using pots or waiting for a few minutes near a bonfire. There's also a probability to lose one enchantment crystal from armor/weapon, but they're not hard to get so no biggie.

• charoscharos Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Soarecu

@Loke666 - At lvl 40 doing boss runs in the lvl 38 instance I was getting 8-9% per run (about 30 minutes). It's not grindy at all, actually I think it's too easy to lvl.

@Yoyo - There is limited customization, you can spend points to enchant skills (increased effect, lower cooldown etc) / use crystals for weapon armor (increase crit when condition is met, hp or mp regen etc). Also frowm what I've seen not all weapons for a lvl have the same bonuses so you can choose that too (not sure what difference they make though, as a priest. I go for increased healing effects anyway :)). All in all, limited options. To be honest I prefer it like this, might as well keep it simple since people always go for the same few builds no matter how much choices they're given.

- Death penalty is very light. You lose "stamina" which can be replenished using pots or waiting for a few minutes near a bonfire. There's also a probability to lose one enchantment crystal from armor/weapon, but they're not hard to get so no biggie.

Totaly agree with u =)

I didnth think i would ever say this but this game needs a little bit more grind (dam im geting to spoiled ^_^)

So i hope they donth increse the exp for EU/US becose its just right now for a normal player

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

is the crafting any good, can you make worthwhile items?

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by Shari

is the crafting any good, can you make worthwhile items?

While leveling up you can craft some blue gear that is better than any other drops/rewards.Only the legendary drops were better than the crafted ones.At least for levels 1-35 that i played.

Mission quests give you tons of EXP and nice equipment.

For the option quests, they give decent EXP and HP/MP/Vitality potions which is a good thing to store, since those potions are only given through drops and quest rewards.

With my first characters, I went through every quest I got my hands on, and got a little stressed out when I couldn't find party members to do the party quests. With my second character, I got more relaxed, and only did the quests I wanted. So I spent less time looking for parties and more time doing quests and hunting.

Originally posted by Loke666

So how grindy is it? Say Between Wow and Lineage 2 as reference points? Leveling up grind that is, item grind and faction grind is another thing.

I'd say more or less similar to WOW pre-cataclysm, and way, way, way faster than Lineage II.

I heard from my guild that levels 40~42 take somewhat longer, simliar to what it felt like to level 79~80 in Lineage II (not time wise).

Originally posted by yoyoblaka

How customizable are characters? There is only 1 healer class and 1 tank class, my concern is if anyone playing a healer will pretty much be exactly like the other healers. 

I was gonna ask a bunch of questions about pvp but you said you haven't done any :(. Figured i'd still ask one or two. 

- Are there huge death penalties in the game? I always found in Lineage 2 there wasn't that much pvp since everyone didn't want to die. So it would be mostly ganking and or chasing after someone for hours. 

There are actually two type of healers; priest and mystic. Only difference is that mystic is for small parties, and priest for full parties. However, they are still inviting whoever comes first, but who knows how it may change in the future.

The difference between classes resides in the use of Glyphs. For example, I can heal 2 players at the same time (not the AEO one), but if I activate a Glyph, I can increase it to 3 players, which I haven't done yet as it requires 6 points. =(

There is no EXP penalty on death, but your condition will be 0, and you have the risk of losing equipped crystals (weapon crystals get destroyed rather easily), so you do try to keep alive as long as you can.

Originally posted by judex99

I did not ask what's the best way to buy gear. I was asking the OP which method did he find the most rewarding from what he listed.

One thing that I enjoyed when I wasn't doing anything in particular was getting into a party and killing those giant elites and getting the EXP, plus the drops, plus the quest reward bronze badges and repeatable quest EXP bonus.

At level 36, I got one level just by doing that and getting very nice green and rare drops.

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

You just got me even more hyped about the game. Thanks for answering those questions even though I wasn't the one asking them :D