Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW & its currency

After reading about Blizzard and PayPal working together to stop people from buying gold. Why doesnt Blizzard offer that as a service, but maybe being creative about it. You cant really stop something you have no control over but you can make it so those buying dont have to go outside of Blizzard to get it. I am currently do not play the game but when I did I didnt have the time to farm for gold or even run long dungeons. I had played the game for a few years and always found myself and others with limited time to RAID or Farm for long periods of time could not afford some of the prices people were asking for Mounts, Gear, etc...

So why doesnt Blizzard come up with either a way to either earn gold faster or buy gold straight from blizzard. I hear from many people on different forums and former guild members about the issues of being to get enough gold with limited playing time. Not everyone has the perfect work schedule or every weekend plus the summers off to play. Blizzard wants to fight the purchase of gold have a way for some to either earn the gold at a faster rate or be able to purchase gold straight from their site. Everything can be under limitations so it wouldnt be a feeding frenzy of gold buying or earning.

Just an idea!!!

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

IMO EvE is the only game that has a viable system for this. Aside from that, I'll say because obtaining gold in WoW is ridiculously easy with only cursory use of the Auction House. Purchasing gold completely subverts the economy, and WoW's is bad enough as is.

However, to disagree with your post, if Blizzard really, really wanted to do something about the goldsellers they could by strictly monitoring the flow of gold between accounts and via in-game mail. I think what they have done with Paypal is just saying that this is a possibility and putting it out there. Blizzard has no reason whatsoever to devote manpower to punish anyone that is paying sub fees. All that banning accounts would do is make them less money.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Demonicfate

After reading about Blizzard and PayPal working together to stop people from buying gold. Why doesnt Blizzard offer that as a service, but maybe being creative about it. You cant really stop something you have no control over but you can make it so those buying dont have to go outside of Blizzard to get it. I am currently do not play the game but when I did I didnt have the time to farm for gold or even run long dungeons. I had played the game for a few years and always found myself and others with limited time to RAID or Farm for long periods of time could not afford some of the prices people were asking for Mounts, Gear, etc...

So why doesnt Blizzard come up with either a way to either earn gold faster or buy gold straight from blizzard. I hear from many people on different forums and former guild members about the issues of being to get enough gold with limited playing time. Not everyone has the perfect work schedule or every weekend plus the summers off to play. Blizzard wants to fight the purchase of gold have a way for some to either earn the gold at a faster rate or be able to purchase gold straight from their site. Everything can be under limitations so it wouldnt be a feeding frenzy of gold buying or earning.

Just an idea!!!

Gold is so easy to get in WoW.. a few dalies will net you 100+ gold, the dalies in TB will take all of 30mins and net you 200+ gold.  If you in a guild then go trash farm the elites in BoT a 10man run (fully do-able with 7) wil take 20mins with practice and net you 130g or so plus chance for BOE epic drops.  Then there's silk cloth farming in SM .. high level players will pay huge prices for silk as they are too lazy to go get it themselves... I could go on.