Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a MMO with good graphics and skill based PVP system? P2P or F2P

Flame50Flame50 Member Posts: 13

So for a long time I played Rappelz a FTP MMO, it had many issues, such as a system based on luck, up until recently a insanly grindy gameplay and GMs who just didnt give a flip. But the one thing that kept me coming back was the pets, something about being able to raise a pet nearly equal to your own charater is strength and then use it on a low level charater to boost them up was really fun and just gave more purpose to getting high level and trying new classes. Also I liked the realistic graphics, maybe I just saw a bad example but WoW looked like a cartoon and also the fluid animations for the most part were very realistic compared to runes of magic and some others.

However after losing 100$ real life cash trying to get one of said pets I decided it is a game way to based on luck and I would like to move onto something else. My requirements are decent graphics and animations, a game that having a rich main charater enables you to buy good gear for your low levels to make gameplay easier and finally fun combat, Runescape combat was impossibly boring while I don't expect Vindictus combat something kinda interactive would be nice.

I have no problems paying at all as long as the game is worth it.

I games I am already aware of is of course aion though I don't know too much about it, and dispite the rediculisly high pricetag I might play WoW if it turns out it has somewhat realistic graphics and animations. I was really interested in Vindictus the combat had me drooling until I learned it was basically a online multiplayer game, not so much MMO as fight arena. I can fire up Bad company 2 or Dark messiah might and magic multiplayer for that..

I really want something where skill can somewhat counteract wealth, the thing I HATE about MMOs is there is always a upper 15% that has no life and has litterally been playing 12 hours a day since the games release and has 50 times the wealth. In most MMos those types can obliterate you in seconds with no skill involved just do to either high level or wealth, and that can be annoying if getting to his level or wealth would take years.

Please post your suggestions, I really want to play more MMOs as I realize as frustrating was Rappelz was often it kept me busy.

Comments

• lameninjalameninja Member Posts: 13

Well for pet system i recommend (you can trade you pets and sell them)

Battle of immortals - ANY monster besides bosses can be a pet. Seriously i have like another human as my pet :P There is a storyline but i cant comment cause i dont follow storylines to much inless i heard its amazing. Leveling is fast up until level 30 then you slow down till you know how to level but you level at normal speed of other games from there on. Which is nice cause most content isnt really used till level 30 like mounts and some raids/instances and i think pvp.

Dragon Oath - Only martial arts game i ever like. it has a fantasy mmorpg feel to it even though its asain. graphics are good i would say. AMAZING PET SYSTEM! its simple and fun. some pets you can capture are RARE like it will say rare in its name. there is a limit to what can be a pet though.

My Favorites just random ones

Maplestory, WoW, Forsaken World, Perfect World, Pandora Sage, Cardmon hero, and on of my all time favorites are. DUH DUH DA DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH 4Story :P

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

are you truely serious with this post..i mean you said you would play wow if it was realistic...

has yur head been buried in the sand? surely you have youtube by now..or a tv ..or a game trailer..? or read a review?

i just find that a lil far fetched imo

• Flame50Flame50 Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by odinsrath

are you truely serious with this post..i mean you said you would play wow if it was realistic...

has yur head been buried in the sand? surely you have youtube by now..or a tv ..or a game trailer..? or read a review?

i just find that a lil far fetched imo

Ive seen videos both ways, some make it look pretty cool while others it looks very cartoonish. Any suggetions as to the game with the best pet system besides rappelz? Im looking for something you could raise a pet and then use it on a low level account to kill monsters. P2P or FtP doesn't matter at all.

Also some feel good for leveling would be nice, my top hate about MMOs is you never really get to be anyone, no matter how hard you try there is always a upper 20% with no lives and 50 times your wealth. Thats why I liked the pets, you could take it on low levels and you could pretty much own any monster up to the time your level 70.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

For me best F2P with pets is ether saga but it's a perfect world game in short grindy at higher level but I got stuck with it for 2 months just because of the pet system.