Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Beta event 6

DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

Rift™ “Planar War” Beta Event Set to Kick-off on February 4

Trion Worlds today announced dates for the sixth Rift™ closed beta event, “Planar War.” The event is scheduled to begin at 10 AM PST Friday, February 4th and end at 10 AM PST Monday, February 7th. The excitement surrounding the game continues to grow as evidenced by last week’s “Battle of the Ascended” beta. Over the course of the four-day event, players logged 2.4 million hours in game, more than double the amount of time played in the previous event. 

In “Planar War,” Telara is left in chaos as the elemental planes force their way into physical reality. Seal any rift and receive planar loot and you could be eligible to win an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 video card. Terms and conditions apply, click here for details. In-Game Prize Packs will be given away to ten select players who complete the objective.

To secure a guaranteed spot in the sixth beta event, pre order Rift at www.RIFTgame.com/preorder.

Comments

• tkrahlingtkrahling Member Posts: 37

Here is the full schedule, but I find it funny that most people are only finding out about it now, I've had it up for over twenty four hours.

http://riftdrawl.spruz.com/pt/Beta-Wet-Hot-Sticky-Love/blog.htm

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

I wish Rift would have events that lasted for more than 3 days! Makes me a sad fox!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • JJD74JJD74 Member Posts: 45

We're very close to live, and even closer to head start if ya pre-ordered.  ;)

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by JJD74

We're very close to live, and even closer to head start if ya pre-ordered.  ;)

Not close enough. Bring on BETA 6.

• yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

sweet they're doing it on a weekend, finally be able to put some real hours into this game. 

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by tkrahling

Here is the full schedule, but I find it funny that most people are only finding out about it now, I've had it up for over twenty four hours.

http://riftdrawl.spruz.com/pt/Beta-Wet-Hot-Sticky-Love/blog.htm

Gamespot has the schedule up for over a week now.  Probably still a large audience trying to get into the beta and are not reading the details but are just looking for that submit key button. :)

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Super excited for this beta event! Bring it on!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

I think Beta 7 is going to be close to 7 days if I am not mistaken, but please get here FRIDAY lol, my wife has been like why are you not downstairs playing WoW. When I told her I canceled my account I think she thought I was playing a mean joke on her :)

• Pr0tag0ni5tPr0tag0ni5t Member UncommonPosts: 259

Originally posted by Dreadblade

I think Beta 7 is going to be close to 7 days if I am not mistaken, but please get here FRIDAY lol, my wife has been like why are you not downstairs playing WoW. When I told her I canceled my account I think she thought I was playing a mean joke on her :)

That is awesome!!!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

OMG your wife's ok with you playing MMO's? LUCKY YOU! Mine's so anti MMO gaming, but puts up with the addiction.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by marzatplay

OMG your wife's ok with you playing MMO's? LUCKY YOU! Mine's so anti MMO gaming, but puts up with the addiction.

You have to train them early on. I always use the excuse that it's either video games with my friends or the bars & strip clubs with the guys from work... take your pick.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

My withdrawl symptoms just got worse

• NokkersNokkers Member UncommonPosts: 32

Beta 7 will most likely be an open beta

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

lol beta 7 what? are you referring to the week head start people get for pre-ordering? 

• PK4GoldPK4Gold Member UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by jpnole

You have to train them early on. I always use the excuse that it's either video games with my friends or the bars & strip clubs with the guys from work... take your pick.

That's my line dude wtf!!!! =D

• wildturkey1wildturkey1 Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

I wish Rift would have events that lasted for more than 3 days! Makes me a sad fox!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

gives you more time to build your mojo for the realese.

you can always download a megadrive emulator and play sonic 2, that slot machine lvl used to keep me busy for hours

• drucygoddessdrucygoddess Member Posts: 24

How about this, I am a gamer wife and I'm just as Hardcore as my hubby is. :P
  • AjninrepuSAjninrepuS Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by drucygoddess

My wife is hardcore as well. Trying to get her to try out Rift but she's still hanging onto WoW which I won't bash.... Wish I could get into WoW as much as she is, last MMO I was into that hardcore was DAOC. Before that was Ultima Online..

I'm just holding my breath and trying to go into Rift like it was my first MMO and make this one last, going to need to go into it with a guild I'm thinking.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

lolz.......my GF doesnt even use the internet....hehe but if i have to choose between playing with the GF or playing a game......GF would win big time over some pixels on a monitor.

wOOt

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

I know Rift will be my new home for awhile because after playing in the last few beta events, I start to miss the world of talara. I love the world, the lore, the clothes! (this is very important!! If i dont look cute then im not spending my time there) and of course the soul trees!

As its been said so many times, There is nothing revolutionary about Rift but its solid, deep, and just fun! Rift has never claimed to be something it isnt. Thats nice to see. with so many companys promising the world, Rift actualy does just what it says.

I cant wait for the weekend to get back to Talara!!! (and just to add to the earlier conversation.... I hate football)  :)

/Meow

Kat

Originally posted by AjninrepuS

My wife is hardcore as well. Trying to get her to try out Rift but she's still hanging onto WoW which I won't bash.... Wish I could get into WoW as much as she is, last MMO I was into that hardcore was DAOC. Before that was Ultima Online..

I'm just holding my breath and trying to go into Rift like it was my first MMO and make this one last, going to need to go into it with a guild I'm thinking.

Pass me her number I'll get her into Rift, maybe she likes to hang around with other females and knowing theres more of us out there that are gonna play Rift will pull her in, you know us girls we do like to stick together, and we are very well known to talk Way to much. From what I have seen so far there are alot of female gamers moving to Rift.

Show her Rift and pull her away from WoW show her the shiney graphics and Let her play a little hey even offer chocolate and sex if you have to, that allways works for me anyway lol >.>

Not to mention it is so much more fun to be playing the same game as your wife/hubby.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

In regards to GF>Pixels

Enjoy it while you can. But like anything, even that has a shelf life.

• Nervous about my attachment to my old dwarf warrior... but will I play beta 6? Hell yes. :)

Oh, and all these female gamers bode well for Trion adding an appearance tab. There are amour sets that show my (male) dwarf's nipples! How am I supposed to keep my dignity?? ;)

Originally posted by HorrorScope

In regards to GF>Pixels

Not for all, some of us get better with age. ;)
  • HazukiStyleHazukiStyle Member UncommonPosts: 49

Originally posted by HorrorScope

In regards to GF>Pixels

Not for all, some of us get better with age. ;)

QFT (no one seems to QFT anymore) - Many women seem to grow in attractiveness as the years go by!

I must say that for a game which I initally had doubts about Rift, atleast in beta5, was a lot better than expected.  I cannot express the level of joy which I experienced in playing a 2handed warrior (champion) and feeling pleased with how the class panned out rather than disappointed (on par with how I felt the first time I played warrior in WoW).

This is definitely a game I am now, since playing, considering purchasing.  I am really hoping that PvP becomes more of a focal point as the game gets developed / more fleshed out.