Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice needed

orator1970orator1970 Member UncommonPosts: 112

Hi all,

Just started playing this game a few days ago and have a few questions for you veterans.

1. What is the best job to choose for a Venetian merchant if any?

2. What is the purpose of the Card Deck and what does registering  the cards actually do, also what are the points for?

3. Is there a web site with a good all around explanation of the game and maybe a merchant tutorial? (apart from the wiki one).

Thank you all

Comments

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Hi, Orator . . .

I'm not a Vet yet, and was waiting to see if you'd get an answer to your questions by now.  I'm playing for the Dutch, so not sure concerning best job for Venetian Merchant.  You would do well by finding out the items produced solely in one of the ports nearby and then sell those items to a far away port for better fame and experience.  You can also become a food trader/cook by buying animals/food items nearby and using for recipes, then reselling, ect.  I'm a Dutch accountant but might change to an art dealer soon as I learn more.  A big part of the game is experimenting and finding trade routes between ports which are both profitable, and providing a lot of fame.  

The cards are for "debates," a type of mini game played like the card game War.  There is so much going on in this game that i haven't seen or played a debate yet, but I have played poker quite a bit in the London tavern, and bought my first ship upgrade with the winnings.  

You should try to join a Company right away.  Send me a message if you want to get into the Company I'm with.  Its really social, which is a huge part of this game.  You need to make friends and allies, especially once you get higher in level and attempt sailing into hostile waters.  (PVP, semi-full loot)  A good Company will help you out with quests, and certainly questions.  Most of the chat outside of the school chat (which fills up real fast) is based around company chat and fleet chat.  So being social is a big part of this game.

Aside from the unofficial uncharted waters online wikia, here is another link to a helping site . . .  http://unchartedwaters.olous.com/ask-the-experts/21

I hope a true veteran responds to your thread and gives more helpful advice than I have.  But I can answer most of the basics by now, and have learned some tough lessons by experimenting.  All of it is part of the fun for me though, so good luck.

• orator1970orator1970 Member UncommonPosts: 112

Hi GrayGreene,

Thank you very much for your help really appreciated it, the website is a very good one and im browsing it right now. I guess what would really help is a site which would have a list of average (i know it fluctuates) buying and selling prices but that might spoil the fun. This game is huge I was looking at the world map and could not believe the amount content that there is. Regarding the school chat it is always full and can ever seem to get in and the very few question I have asked in general chat went unanswered. Would love to join your company and will send you a PM  with my ingame details.

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Thank you very much for your help really appreciated it, the website is a very good one and im browsing it right now. I guess what would really help is a site which would have a list of average (i know it fluctuates) buying and selling prices but that might spoil the fun. This game is huge I was looking at the world map and could not believe the amountcontent that there is. Regarding the school chat it is always full and can ever seem to get in and the very few question I have asked in general chat went unanswered. Would love to join your company and will send you a PM  with my ingame details.

Sounds good.  There are more experienced players in company that are enthusiastic about helping.  The game keeps surprising me as well with new depth I assumed would not exist.  Talk to ya soon.