Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leveling...

Was wondering if I could get some tips/help on the best way to level currently... I'm a rank 21 lancer(phy lvl 28).  I have looked around the net and can't really find much helpful info.  I have been doing leves but doing the rank 20 ones on 3 stars is only giving me ~100 to 200sp per mob.  Solo grind I only get about 100sp per mob.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The grouping bonus in this game is pretty good, so if mob grinding is what you wanna do it's best to team up with 1-2 players and go hunting. You'll get around 2-3x the SP you get alone if you aim for the right monsters.

If you can get yourself in a larger party than that doing guildleves together is an excellent way to gain SP. But no leve-linking as long as you have time to do the leves separately, as that leads to more SP overall.

You are supposed to group up in this game, but I'm not sure whether the mechanics are completely balanced yet. The Japanese have no problem grouping but the Western playerbase is a lot less eager to do so, so I think more balancing is required to give us an incentive. Fortunately adjustments to this are coming in the Early February patch.

Adjustments to Skill Points

Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

If you can get yourself into a Linkshell or even establish a static leve group you'll rank up in no time also.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Hyanmen

The grouping bonus in this game is pretty good, so if mob grinding is what you wanna do it's best to team up with 1-2 players and go hunting. You'll get around 2-3x the SP you get alone if you aim for the right monsters.

If you can get yourself in a larger party than that doing guildleves together is an excellent way to gain SP. But no leve-linking as long as you have time to do the leves separately, as that leads to more SP overall.

You are supposed to group up in this game, but I'm not sure whether the mechanics are completely balanced yet. The Japanese have no problem grouping but the Western playerbase is a lot less eager to do so, so I think more balancing is required to give us an incentive. Fortunately adjustments to this are coming in the Early February patch.

Adjustments to Skill Points

Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

If you can get yourself into a Linkshell or even establish a static leve group you'll rank up in no time also.

This is all good advice. Not only is soloing boring in this game, it's also one of the slowest ways to progress.

(Edit: Yay for 500th post. ^.^)

<3

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Makes me wonder if the changes coming to XIV eventually will fall more in line with mostly solo for XP and Parties for larger events and NMs.  I say this because of the radical changes being made to XI coming in February, which were for most jobs a party based/required for best XP to level experience.  

They're changing the game to fall more in line with how their new Abyssea works outside of those zones and in every other zone by increasing the XP earned overall plus increasing the rate of skill gained and abolishing the hourly limit on Fields of Valor, making solo easier than ever before to level from and just as rewarding as if in a party.  Course doing FoV in a Party in the right place with a book nearby would be exceptionally faster XP gain, but having the means to solo at a consistent speed while waiting on an PT invite will be very nice.

GL though with finding a PT in XIV and the proper mobs to earn good XP on, I hear its still a trying process until its updated properly!

• VladantVladant Member Posts: 7

Thanks for the replies...

I guess I'll have to hang around town shouting for a party since there really isn't a proper LFG system in yet. 

Oh well, I leveled a DRK in 11 before Aht Urhgan so I have plenty of experience sitting around LFG all day.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I don't really understand why you need to just sit around LFG'ing...

But well, if that's your cup of tea then so be it.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".