Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap thrill

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 271

A friend of mine has a COH/COV account that has been inactive for several years. I was thinking about taking his account and resubbing it. Never played COX before, but was thinking about giving it a try. Now the reason for the post is I am a cheap bastard right now and don't feel like shelling out the money to get the going rogue. So is it worth playing without going rogue? Or am I just going to be paying for a singleplayer game without it?

I should add I would probably be playing a Villain.

Thanks

Mrputts

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

You can level 1-50 without GR no problem with others.  Enjoy!

• CyrosphereCyrosphere Member Posts: 105

Don't be, I feel boxed expansions are a ripoff in principle when they're already charging a subscription fee.

That said, Going Rogue is mainly new content for level 1-20 only, and some updates for existing highlevel characters which you won't notice if you're just starting. The core game has 6 years of content built in and is IMO one of the most solo-friendly MMORPG's around, good for a quick smash and grab without waiting hours for dungeon and raid groups. You can of course team as well; missions (mostly) scale to you, not the other way around.

Don't forget to look up global channels for your server, the game is highly instanced so proper communication is key for looking up Taskforces and events.

Remember, it has to be fun to be a game. Grinding is a bedroom activity, and the point is definitely not to do my wife as fast as possible.