Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Name change!

driver4hiredriver4hire Member UncommonPosts: 78

This is the Email I recieved to change my characters name..... Meanwhile.... Theres a quest called Camel Tow? LOL  I think the devs need to pick a side of the fence.   Gave me a good laugh.  Shortly before the GM contacted me I went into a random dungeon and someone in party said "Gross OMG dude your name"  Then said 5 seconds later,  "^&$k this guys I can't deal with this"  I loled irl and so did the rest of the group.....

Oh yeah I bolded the part I Broke

Greetings,

Account Name: XXXXXXXX

Realm: XXXXX

Character Name: Hugerection

Account Action: Education

Offense: Inappropriate

This category includes both clear and masked names which:

* Are mildly inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions

* Are references to illegal drugs or activities

* Have neutral or positive racial/ethnic/national connotations

* Have any connotations of major religions or religious figures (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)

* Include names of World of Warcraft realms, zones, or names of major characters from Warcraft lore

* Are otherwise considered inappropriate for the game world

The name selected for this character has been deemed as inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. Depending on the policy violated, your character has either been given a randomly generated character name, or will be prompted to select a new one the next time they log in.

Currently playing : World of Tanks, LoL
Waiting for: The game of my dreams
Played: Everything
Favorites being Eve, UO and SWG Pre-CU

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I have no earthly idea where the stereotype for WoW players comes from... oh wait

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I would refuse to group with you as well. Grow up.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KonvertKonvert Member Posts: 23

Hm, given the policy, I wonder if they would change the name of the quest given what you have placed in bold.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

You should fight this all the way to the Supreme Court...

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by skeaser

I would refuse to group with you as well. Grow up.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Konvert

Hm, given the policy, I wonder if they would change the name of the quest given what you have placed in bold.

While I see the point you're trying to make, the quest name is a double entendre which is found in children's movies like Shrek. It is a play on words in which there are two meanings, the first being the literal version, the second being a more "naughty" version. The thing about the quest is that younger players will take it at face value and read nothing into it.

The OP's name was the name of a state of being for male genitals. There are no two ways to slice it and there is no innocent meaning to his name.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Irishoak
    You should fight this all the way to the Supreme Court...

haha
  • wow.pwns111wow.pwns111 Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by skeaser

Originally posted by Konvert

The OP's name was the name of a state of being for male genitals. There are no two ways to slice it and there is no innocent meaning to his name.

What if someone were to erect an enormous monument? Wouldn't that be an un-offensive huge erection?

"We have barred the gates, but can not hold them for long...
    They have taken the Bridge and the Second Hall...
    We can not get out. The end comes.
    Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming..."

• yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

It still surprises me how people can get so offended by a name like this.