Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth coming back?

Sup. Don't know how many of you reading this are old school but I used to play a couple of years ago on Hyperboria. Those who did play on Hyperboria probably remember me as Xille [Invicta]. So, I've been jumping around MMOs but nothing seems to match how much fun AOC was shortly after its release. (RP was incredible too).

However, I hear Funcom really dicked up this one. I hate to say it because AOC was definately a game I loved but t.b.h., I'm looking for the general consesus on this statement.

Finally, the true question of importance is this: Is it worth coming back to Age of Conan and rocking you all in pvp again? Or has the game just been nerfed to stupidity and impracticality? Please be honest because if it isn't worth it, I dont' feel like throwing down the ten bucks to quit again in 3 days. If you were in my shoes, based upon what you know and how the game has evolved, would you have come back?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I came back after a year break and started over playing on Set(PvE), and the population is reasonable. There is alot of raiding and a fair bit of  PvP in borderlands. I beleive the PvP servers are quieter though. They've made some changes to class structure and balancing that seem to be good, and hopefully they can keep moving things in the right direction so that more people come back.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ElmorenElmoren Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 110

One response to a thread like this in two weeks is a big no.

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

I left the boring, uninspired and repetitive Rift to come back to Conan and have been loving it. Still a few features to go, but it's a really fun game, especially for a returning 'tired of WoW/Rift' player.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Well I was wondering, if you played on a PVE server (which I hear a lot of folks do now)  What sort of endgame does AoC have now?  

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Well I was wondering, if you played on a PVE server (which I hear a lot of folks do now)  What sort of endgame does AoC have now?  

There are raids and 6 person harder missions that people run. Often, guilds run them, but might be missing classes and post lf more. There are long faction grinds to the east for special items and AAs. There are also PvP areas on PvE servers.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga