Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DLCs = sub fee in disguise?

13»

Comments

• KleirKleir Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Lets just stick with DLC since its shorter to type :P  image

I wonder if Expansion packs are gonna be new campaign, or extending the main campaign

I was also thinking the same thing.  There is the opportunity to add Elona on to Tyria, but to think of one gigantic persistant world sounds kind of difficult to maintain.  But, if they could manage to pull it off, that would be pretty awesome.  By the sounds of it, it seems like GW2 has abandoned Cantha by saying that they closed themselves off of the rest of the world.

"Many have eyes, but few have seen." - Goddess Lyssa

• KleirKleir Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by gw1228

Little bit of INfo for you guys that have not played GW1

DLC is the WRONG term for EXPANSIONS that will be coming out for

GW2 in the future....again EXPANSIONS  not DLC.....

if there is some DLC it will just be small mission packs and only hardcore GW

players ever buy that and they are not that popular...now let/s get back to

EXPANSIONS......

The Expansions will be the bread maker for GW2 and I  predict that they will be releasing one

every year or two to create revenue and I will gladly pay ANET that money because every

Expansion for GW1 was well worth the money....again the keyword here is..

EXPANSION....hope I made it clear 

This was perfectly stated.   This thread should really never have to post "DLC" again...

"Many have eyes, but few have seen." - Goddess Lyssa

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

pay a new content, just for fun (not needed for main content) at cost of 10-15$ once, is not the same as pay sub of 15$ every month IMO.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2