Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with the servers

2»

Comments

• deathgiantdeathgiant Member Posts: 32

*puts down authenticator*

I left lotro when it first went f2p because they werent prepared. Crash after crash, and an expansion that should have been named 'Lag-deth, Cousin to Mazog, Brother to Warner, and True Lord of the Ping'

*fiddles with authenticator*

Though they did redeem themselves in the end . . . *pushes authenticator away and considers checking self into an mmo rehab clinic*

• DeemooreDeemoore Member Posts: 6

Latest Twit

Our operations team is making good progress; we're working to get the games and websites up as soon as possible, thanks for your patience

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by Deemoore

With all this extra time I have:

Organized and added several new bookmarks to my link folders

Downloaded a LOTRO Server Checker Widget

http://jonno2343.110mb.com/gadget.php

Found this forum (first one with a post regarding this problem)

Became a member of this forum

Found the where LOTRO sends out messages when the server takes a dump.

Installed  a plugin that shows buffs and debuffs .. can't wait to try it.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html

Organized my sock drawer ....

Thank God, or some other invisible "everything" creator that you believe in, that you organized your sock drawer!  I finally got around to picking the lint out of my belly-button.  Thanks Turbine, and/or, the internet!

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by deathgiant

I left lotro when it first went f2p because they werent prepared. Crash after crash, and an expansion that should have been named 'Lag-deth, Cousin to Mazog, Brother to Warner, and True Lord of the Ping'

Though they did redeem themselves in the end . . . *pushes authenticator away and considers checking self into an mmo rehab clinic*

Lotro has *never* crashed for me, ever - Even when I was a beta tester.  It just doesn't like to alt-tab, *sometimes*, on my system.  I can't find a reason why it doesn't work at times, and other times it does.

Also, I get no lag at all.  I've never had any lag in the game.  Why do ppl automatically blame the game for lag, when there are SO many other causes of lag?

Originally posted by HappyFunBall

Lotro has *never* crashed for me, ever - Even when I was a beta tester.  It just doesn't like to alt-tab, *sometimes*, on my system.  I can't find a reason why it doesn't work at times, and other times it does.

Also, I get no lag at all.  I've never had any lag in the game.  Why do ppl automatically blame the game for lag, when there are SO many other causes of lag?

Today Lotro turbine crashed. No doubt about it. However I've noticed If you ask people ingame that are complaining about lag ; how old is your system?. how much ram do you have?, are you using the "stock" graphics card that came with your antique? are you on fiber or copper or paper cup with string?- it's not hard to see where the real problem lies.

it's coming back up now .. been down for 7 hours. Latest twitter:

We're working to have the games up within the next 2 hours or so. Websites may also be available within that time frame. More updates soon!

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Should be back up soon, as I have to take off to go grocery shopping :P  Hope to see everyone online tonight.

Moonlightmist

• I can't remember the last crash I had in lotro but the lag in pvp witih server line problems and skill lag, disconnections ect are well known. But I agree in thats it's usually easier to blame game servers on our problems. I play on a laptop that is hardly state of the art and have few problems as long as I keep the graphics to a reasonable level while some with great systems suffer greatly at times. I'm guessing most of it is a combination of graphic cards, drivers and systems maybe compromised with with other problems even if 'super fast'.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

People who complain about a game on the internet having "lag" when they really mean frame rate are like people who go to a doctor and complain about a toothache.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• deathgiantdeathgiant Member Posts: 32

When the latest 'expansion' released, for next week/month it took 30 minutes for me to log in and lag was bad enough that I couldnt play whatsoever. And the 'multi-layer' zones idea only seemed to make it worse. 16 meg internet, alienware desktop, well taken care of, and all the bells and whistles. Not looking to get into a flame-fest, just letting you know that it is their fault, not mine. :)

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Because in many times it is the game that causes it, CCP at least has the honesty to admit it when there is something on thier end. I've had numerous issues with LoTRO, I'm losing packets and connection time outs on the last hop to thier servers everyso often cause my character to just lock up and freeze when moving. I've done the Tracerts to determine where it is and its always either at them or thier IP. That would qualify under every circumstance as thier/ the games fault.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Originally posted by Nicoli

I've done the Tracerts to determine where it is and its always either at them or thier IP. That would qualify under every circumstance as thier/ the games fault.

I wish that it were a law that people had to run tracert before complaining about lag.  Most of the times that I have experienced lag were due to some intermediate server between me and Turbine.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.