Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We can do something about Vanguard, if we try!

KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Great game, but almost dead.....yeah, you know it and you hate it!

The only way to gain a bigger poulation in Vanguard (imo), is to make it F2P! Just keep the game as it is, but make a F2P alternative also! Keep the P2P option, but introduce a F2P also so the game can be populare!

I know that SoE doesn't listen to us, but if everyone who plays or want to play Vanguard, could write like 10 emails everyday each, or something, then would they listen?

There must be a way to make SoE listen to us and make it F2P. Is there anything we can do? Make mass threads, send out emails, etc....

Any idea? Could it work?

Comments

• knightspainknightspain Member Posts: 18

If you ask me we can not help this game. SOE is working on EQ Next there not gonna spend money on a game with an almost dead community when they have there next adventure on the table. I loved VG and i think the only thing VG players can do is hope SOE incorparates alot of the aspects players liked about VG into EQ Next to draw those players to that game.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

You know if SOE made this game f2p I might actually come back.   Vanguard was one of my faves.  Played it for over a year.   I left because SOE neglected it after they bought it.   Did they ever fix that dungeon in the Strand of the Ancients?

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

While your heart is in the right place, SOE does not listen to any situation unless it revolves around money in large amounts.  I somehow doubt that soe will suddenly listen if a group of players spam emails asking for something to be free.

Going beyond that, changing the revenue model will not solve vanguards problems.  It doesn't address why players are and have been leaving.  The subscription price isn't the problem and things will just end up in the same situation they are in now.

Getting soe to listen and listen about the right problems is the only way VG could possibly see a turnaround.  Since the lead producer/designer for the game has been working on EQ2 for over a year now I doubt soe cares what happens to this game.  He is even doing press interviews for EQ2 next expansion. 

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Teala

You know if SOE made this game f2p I might actually come back.   Vanguard was one of my faves.  Played it for over a year.   I left because SOE neglected it after they bought it.   Did they ever fix that dungeon in the Strand of the Ancients?

Indeed, how much could they loose if they made it F2P? Sure, change the game a bit and make some advertising, but they would go + at the end. We would be happy, the new players would be happy and SoE would earn money! Everyone are happy...yay!

Comon, there must be a way to make them listen!

• markt50markt50 Member Posts: 132

Sadly I think whilst your cause is noble, it is ultimately futile :(

Vanguard has become a product left on life support to pad out the Station Access catalogue of games. They probably have to keep it running since they closed the Matrix Online, but I suspect that as soon as another new game is launched, maybe EQ Next or Planetside Next, and becomes part of Station Access, well that will be the sad day that they finally flip the switch and send Vanguard to MMO heaven :(

The only hope I could see for the game is if SOE decided to sell it to another company rather than kill it off completely, but I just don't see it happening, shame really.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by markt50

Vanguard has become a product left on life support to pad out the Station Access catalogue of games. They probably have to keep it running since they closed the Matrix Online, but I suspect that as soon as another new game is launched, maybe EQ Next or Planetside Next, and becomes part of Station Access, well that will be the sad day that they finally flip the switch and send Vanguard to MMO heaven :(

The only hope I could see for the game is if SOE decided to sell it to another company rather than kill it off completely, but I just don't see it happening, shame really.

Agreed

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by sladden27

The only way to gain a bigger poulation in Vanguard (imo), is to make it F2P! Just keep the game as it is, but make a F2P alternative also! Keep the P2P option, but introduce a F2P also so the game can be populare!

I know that SoE doesn't listen to us, but if everyone who plays or want to play Vanguard, could write like 10 emails everyday each, or something, then would they listen?

There must be a way to make SoE listen to us and make it F2P. Is there anything we can do? Make mass threads, send out emails, etc....

Any idea? Could it work?

I think Sony bought Vanguard in order to destroy it. After all Vanguard was a direct opponent of EverQuest franchise (developed by asme guy)

And for some reason Sony loves its Everquest (why, it beats me ?)

So Sony indeed can make F2P - but they wont do it for Vanguard because they want the game to die slow death.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by pierth

Agreed

+1 Couldn't have said it better.

• FogertyFogerty Member UncommonPosts: 24

They would never sell it. It's a damage control situation. Can you imagine how bad SOE would look if they sold it and it flourished under another publisher. They'd be even more of a laughing stock than they are now. Chances are zero for a fire sale. They've already rode it into the ground. *plays taps*

Tyrust - EQ
    Proximo - EQII
    Proximo - Warhammer Online
    Fogerty - Vanguard

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

If a game is good it does not matter if its F2P or 100$ a month, the reason people stay away from this game is because it has 1 developer and he might even be the janitor.

• SionedSioned Member UncommonPosts: 135

Vanguard had an unlucky start. With Sigil getting the money pressure they had to sell their souls to SOE which is just short for Source Of Evil.

Many people said back then that since SOE got it hands on - Vanguard was doomed to fail. Its sad but they were right.

Nothing can save this game anymore and bring forth the great potential that this game had. What it needed were 12 month more development and polishing then it could have a had a great start. Vanguard disappointed too many in beta phases and the first 6 month. You cant recover this distrust. Maybe a new company and F2P would bring some ppl back to give Vanguard another go - but the chances are slim.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by psyknx

If a game is good it does not matter if its F2P or 100$ a month, the reason people stay away from this game is because it has 1 developer and he might even be the janitor.

According to Smed there are no devs. He claimed the EQ2 team would work on it as a side project at FanFaire but it seems only the part about disolving the team was true, no one is working on this and I doubt they ever will.

It's a damned shame too. I still play VG and have a blast but couldn't imagine how awesome it would be if they actually had finished the game off and put a good coat of polish on it.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

dont mention the name s**d we do not speak his name - because he managed to burn 2 great games first SWG then Vanguard.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Sioned

dont mention the name s**d we do not speak his name - because he managed to burn 2 great games first SWG then Vanguard.

And soon he will give unto the world EQ: Next - The Quest for More Money!

I've heard it will be in an alternate dimension and in the new dimension Norrath will be called Aziroth and there will be Bled Elves, Orcs and Draneye races!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

if this guy touches it expect the shutdownn within 3 years. After all thats all he is good in. Closing down and draining money while doing so.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

If it was sold, and money put into it (along with bringing back a pvp server with commitment to pay attention to it), I would come back in a heartbeat. 

I don't see it happening though.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by sladden27

Any idea? Could it work?

/shudder at the thought of a SOE cash shop tacked onto VG...

I would rather see it dead.

The only way to save VG is to make a few million dollars and buy the  game off them, then spend 6-12 months updating/ tweaking it, and then relaunching it under a new name.

or maybe we should just wait for Arche Age ;)

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please continue the discussion here

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.