Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MTG prerelease

anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Just got back from the scars of mirrodin prerelease.   Had tons of fun, but lasted 8.5 hours for 7 rounds.  One person was even joking about being jittery from only having crap for food.

Lucked out with sword of feast and famine :).   Won a buch of games because of the aggro that thing can pipe down.  Played a white red deck(mirrodin side) and did a bit better than most others that went that color(and lots of mirrodin players did).   In the end scored 13 out of 73 people,  My buddies ened up in 27 and 32.    The other Navy guys I met(the ones I didn't know) there ended up getting something like 4th and 6th.

Pretty much just lost out to infect most the time, though it wasn't nearly as much of the meta-game.   But still plenty of infect to go around the phrexion side.   Red White also had some nice counters to it, but just didn't get them all the time.    Also people were so used to just going infect a handful just ended up screwing themselves by not getting enough infect and splitting their damage types.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Nice, sounds like MTG is still going pretty strong. I haven't played in years though. They still releasing "expansion" a few times a year?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Yep several.   They still have the standard edition but by years Now, and release a couple to a few "themed" editions.

I mostly just go to Drafts and Sealed, and occasionly make/buy preconstructed decks(with 'cheap' cards from every set).   Anything else is pretty wasteful money wise(which is kind of silly since I'm currently in a military school/board and my entire income is disposable).

____

I kind of wish there was an MMO that captured even 10 percent of the breadth that MTG though.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

It's actually kind of funny to me that, despite reading your posts a couple of times, I still have no idea what you are saying.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Originally posted by Laserwolf

It's actually kind of funny to me that, despite reading your posts a couple of times, I still have no idea what you are saying.

I'll tranlate

"Hi I went to a card game tournament.   Took forever.   In the format everyone got 6 packs that they had to make a deck out of.   Lucked out with some cards,  and at the end of the contest scored 13th out of 76 people,   I just felth SOO AWESOME I had to tell a bunch of people I don't know and will never meet all about it.   Friends that came along also scored in the top half of the field.

Some of the decks that people made also sucked because the new set changed the available abilities and some players didn't adapt the best(or even try) and screwed themselves"

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

Mythic Rares really killed the joy of opening packs for me, and has made it way too expensive to keep up with.  I had been playing since 4th edition, but ever since Mythic rares came out in Shards, I have lost almost all interest, and very rarely play at all anymore.