Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An mmo for 2: what to play with my girlfriend?

actroffactroff Member Posts: 24

First things first, thank you to anybody who responds to this =) now to the issue. I would like to play an mmo with my girlfriend but i have no idea what to play. the only mmorpg she's familliar with is runescape -_- she likes the idea of an open sandbox feel or atleast that's what i got from her talking about runescape, and being able to wear cosmetic items like costumes. The mmo must be free, hopefully not with allot of dependance on the cash shop. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated =) again thank you.

-Act

Comments

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

A couple I know has played CoX for years, and enjoyed sidekicking (which lets them play together regardless of any level difference.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by actroff

First things first, thank you to anybody who responds to this =) now to the issue. I would like to play an mmo with my girlfriend but i have no idea what to play. the only mmorpg she's familliar with is runescape -_- she likes the idea of an open sandbox feel or atleast that's what i got from her talking about runescape, and being able to wear cosmetic items like costumes. The mmo must be free, hopefully not with allot of dependance on the cash shop. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated =) again thank you.

So its a case of "I love my GF but not enough to pay for her darn online game." image

Since you are limiting yourself to free play, I can only recommend Lord of the Rings Online or possibly Champions Online now that it has gone FTP.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• KeridwenKeridwen Member UncommonPosts: 58

You could try "Foreplay", apparently that is a fantastic new game, and has lots of open PvP end game opportunities.

Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMOs.

Played:
    WOW - GW - WAR - AOC - CoH/CoV - EQ2 - SWG - FFXI - DAOC - EVE - VG - L2 - RFO - DFO - DDO - LOTR

• AmorzkaAmorzka Member Posts: 28

"Foreplay" = LOL

Anyway, Perfect World would be my answer. Easy game, good graphics and gameplay.

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

I heard Champion Online went free to play.

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

Runescape is actually a pretty good game, I think it is given a lot less respect than it deserves. Runescape has Free Play but you must subscribe for most of the benefits. Still, subscription is a mere $4.99 USD per month, one of the cheapest subs in the MMOG world.

Don't judge a book by its cover. What I'm saying is, give Runescape a try. It's waaay underrated.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Everquest 2 Extended might be a good choice, delving deep into dungeons or difficult instances might require a full group, but otherwise tons of content and no real forced way through it all.

Extended server is free, but your character is limited severely, check the site for perks in becoming a silver or gold member if you turn out liking the game.

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

For free try pirates of burning seas , lotro , ddo , champions on line ...

those are free to try, with subscription base things become beter , without they are still ok playable and not a big deal .

Those are good F2P i know who were P2P , aside from CO (who refused to download)

All are quite good to and doesn´t suffer from the need to buy from cash shops .

Just ignore the cashshop , if you like it subscripe ...

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Keridwen

You could try "Foreplay", apparently that is a fantastic new game, and has lots of open PvP end game opportunities.

there is so much win in this reply, i can barely contain myself

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

A cool fun game that even girls like would be Cardmon Hero.

Then, when you want to fight, play Aika Global for PvP.

<TBA>

• DisarmerDisarmer Member Posts: 12

you can get her to play everything you want, just learn here up good or she might give up going back to makeup and gossip! ;)