Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIFT VS TERA

124»

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i havent played Tera, but i like Teras graphic visuals and race variety way more than Rift's... however i would rather play Rift because its not action combat mmo (aka mouse attack)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Timukas

Originally posted by Mannish

Tera is better than Rift in every way.

Nope, it isn't. While I agree that Rift is more likely a filler MMO, then Tera looks like any other Asian garbage. Almost naked women on high heels running in desert, beavers in pink armor with axes big as barn doors, etc etc. Some like it, but quite a lot in West don't.

since we are all giving opinions here i will say what i always say.... the only thing that kills Tera for me is the "vindictus-esque" combat system...

im sure only ppl who likes that kind of combat will actually subb for Tera after the first free month.... its sad because Tera looks great.... fast paced action combat with the click to swing style only promotes pure grinding.... if you grind a lot in a standard mmorpg, you will double the grind on this kind of games...

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I played Rift for a Month and a half, and now grinding the same dungeons over and over and the same Warfronts over and over, and the illusion of closing the same Rifts over and over has run their course with me.

Excellent game, though.  But for me its more of a try GW2, Tera and SWTOR and hope one delivers more massively-multiplayer rather than re-heated left-overs from games past.

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

I thought this thread was meant for those who played both games, yet most of the people speaking here only played rift. No wonder as Rift is already released and TERA only had some closed tests in the west.

I tried rift and it's like wow crossed with war with graphics subpar to 6 year old wow. Nothing new, nothing interesting. Same old shit we played since forever. And characters move like they are made out of wood.
    Since i played TERA no tab targeting game seems fun anymore. I have not had such a good experience in an mmo since stresstests of wow.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

I played both and IMO they both have there good points but they both also have flaws. I think TERA would be better if the classes had more customization in skills and look. Rift's soul system is a great idea but needs a lot more work, which is the same I feel about TERA's combat system. Though if Rift had TERA's combat it would win hands down but that wont ever happen.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Otakun

I played both and IMO they both have there good points but they both also have flaws. I think TERA would be better if the classes had more customization in skills and look. Rift's soul system is a great idea but needs a lot more work, which is the same I feel about TERA's combat system. Though if Rift had TERA's combat it would win hands down but that wont ever happen.

Did you try out the glyph and crystal system in tera,  or even mess around with the different stat sets you can get for armor and weapons?

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• goosiegoosie Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by rojo6934

since we are all giving opinions here i will say what i always say.... the only thing that kills Tera for me is the "vindictus-esque" combat system...

im sure only ppl who likes that kind of combat will actually subb for Tera after the first free month.... its sad because Tera looks great.... fast paced action combat with the click to swing style only promotes pure grinding.... if you grind a lot in a standard mmorpg, you will double the grind on this kind of games...

What you're saying doesn't make sense. How exactly does a fast paced action combat game promote grinding?