Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCU is not another dead end game.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by meetxj9

Originally posted by sldrop
    i only have beef with the UI and the "deep" part of the game.  It look like it was made for ps3 only , but you do get use to it..  Chat still suck. 
    The other thing is, you can clear almost everything before your month is up. That y i wont sub. Its only good for the 1st month ...and after that there is nothing to do. lol
    I think its a dead end game lol .. I mean what can they add every month to keep the player subing?
    1+ new raid a month? + 1 new pvp ring? that won't keep this game going.  
    And before they add new stuff..they need to fix some bug 1st., so i dont think new stuff will be out for a while.

This is the kind of mentality that WOW have brought to the genre. Once you beat the game, there is nothing to do. To be fair, there is. Take for example WOW, it has backed itself into corner where unless huge amount content is always update to the game, players aren't going to bother to sub. But thats not the case with DCU, its  PROTOTYPE, a much lesser version for  online use. They have made a game where end game content is only half of what your suppose to enjoy. The main dish, is the gameplay itself. If WOW didn't keep up with their updates and contents and patches, people will grow bored eventually. Because all you do in the game, is just mash hotkeys without a care. And its a full on cycle.
    Using content shortage as an excuse is not even justifiable. Because every game has an end, every game has a limit. Its what you do after that, that  you get to know what kind of gamer you are. Ending your sub on the first month is understandable since its still new, there won't be a whole of content for you to rush. But don't dismiss the game as another AOC or TR just because you manage to clear it.

Bare in mind, in this game, you can get screwed over by a guy who is 5 levels below you if you aren't paying attention.

If there is not enough content for a player to have something to do when they want something to do, why is it worth paying for? If there's no new content, that player has reached a dead end. That makes the game a dead end for that player. Why should they continue to pay to play?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Daffid011

Originally posted by retiredmj

Oh wow, 7 years am I supposed to be impressed.  I've been a member of mmorpg nearly that long...

Been loving DCUO but it is getting stale at end game...after just a few days of end game and constantly repeating DCUO is really starting to show its weakness.   In my opinion SOE is going to need to start adding content fairly soon or people will be leaving in droves from boredom.

You are not providing facts here....

I agree with your opinion that DCU has some good fundamentals to build on, but beyond that in my opinion DCU has a very long way to go in order to rise above just being a foundation. 

The biggest single message about the game seems to rest in the ability of SOE to fix features that are automatics in most games and deliver on massive content updates. 

Honestly DCU is the result of one of the most generous and well funded mmos projects to hit the market and the best summary it can muster is that it has a foundation to someday be great?  5 years and $50 million dollars produced a game that struggles with basic features like chat/commerce/storage/ui and the developers bill as a "snack sized game".

This.

Many people are defending it as a "snack-sized game", but they are charging the same as "meal-sized" games.  Just about every game in the last 6 years that has been "short" on something, has been thoroughly skewered and bashed for those shortcomings.  Such is the MMO community.  Why should DCUO be any different?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• meetxj9meetxj9 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Yamota

They should make this F2P!!

- Obviously you have never worked nor understand the basic of the business industry. Move out of your parents house and get a job.

I stopped after reading this. Thought it was a well thought out post but sounds to me that you just want to bash people who has valid opinions. So instead of talking about

"Move out of your parents house and get a job."

Maybe you should explain why this game should not be F2P?

It has no crafting, no housing and pretty much no MMORPG elements beside fighting and single player storylines and, most reviewers, agree that the content is quite thin.

So imo this game would be alot more suited as F2P with a cash shop as I dont see people sticking to little content it has for more than a couple of months.

Why do people still can't get the idea that its still a new game? whoppee!!! you don't get your crafting or guild benefits. That doesn't mean they won't come along once they get it up?  Thin content? have you seen AOC or TR or AION? Did you know how rubbish their content was?

A decent amount of Good content is always better then large piles of rubbish. No MMO is ever going to come out equalling WOW on content, if that be the case you might aswell forget about future publishers and developers making anymore MMO's and let Blizzard take all your money. Cause it seems thats where everyone wants to be heading.

Blame an MMO for providing bad gamplay and poor concept, acceptable. Blame an MMO which is just released in 2 weeks for low content and non specific features, moronic. You know those features ARE gona come eventually.

As i already posted one post before this, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE ANYMORE YOU AREN"T HAVING FUN. Do read the thread carefully. Cancel it, then come back if they manage to catch your attention again in a few months. 

Im sticking to what makes this game great, and that is the gameplay and the presentation of content . I don't see Rift being a contender to anything, TOR is mostly for SW fans, and WOW is taking your money at the end of the day. 

And enough with this snack size nonsense, if you claim that you have solution, then do something about it. Do something please. They made the game for both PS3 and PC, therefore sacrificing some UI and chat desgins. They were greedy on that part.

With all these gripes about what you cannot have, what MMO do you think is best then? If they fix what is suggested, what makes anyone think the gripes will stop? Hell, people have been complaining about WOW since the release and they are still the dominant MMO when it comes to click and play.

As said by a wise man, " A good 10 hours of quality fun is still better then 50 hours of lying to yourself".

• TheFurTheFur Member Posts: 96

-- {Mod Edit}

I stopped after reading this. Thought it was a well thought out post but sounds to me that you just want to bash people who has valid opinions. So instead of talking about

- {Mod Edit}

It has no crafting, no housing and pretty much no MMORPG elements beside fighting and single player storylines and, most reviewers, agree that the content is quite thin.

So imo this game would be alot more suited as F2P with a cash shop as I dont see people sticking to little content it has for more than a couple of months.

Why do people still can't get the idea that its still a new game? whoppee!!! you don't get your crafting or guild benefits. That doesn't mean they won't come along once they get it up?  Thin content? have you seen AOC or TR or AION? Did you know how rubbish their content was?

A decent amount of Good content is always better then large piles of rubbish. No MMO is ever going to come out equalling WOW on content, if that be the case you might aswell forget about future publishers and developers making anymore MMO's and let Blizzard take all your money. Cause it seems thats where everyone wants to be heading.

Blame an MMO for providing bad gamplay and poor concept, acceptable. Blame an MMO which is just released in 2 weeks for low content and non specific features, moronic. You know those features ARE gona come eventually.

As i already posted one post before this, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE ANYMORE YOU AREN"T HAVING FUN. Do read the thread carefully. Cancel it, then come back if they manage to catch your attention again in a few months. 

Im sticking to what makes this game great, and that is the gameplay and the presentation of content . I don't see Rift being a contender to anything, TOR is mostly for SW fans, and WOW is taking your money at the end of the day. 

And enough with this snack size nonsense, if you claim that you have solution, then do something about it. Do something please. They made the game for both PS3 and PC, therefore sacrificing some UI and chat desgins. They were greedy on that part.

With all these gripes about what you cannot have, what MMO do you think is best then? If they fix what is suggested, what makes anyone think the gripes will stop? Hell, people have been complaining about WOW since the release and they are still the dominant MMO when it comes to click and play.

As said by a wise man, " A good 10 hours of quality fun is still better then 50 hours of lying to yourself".

because the game is very low on content...compared to MANY MMOs at start up not just WOW. You can reach max lvl in a week (many did it in a day) and end game is just running the same PVP and Alerts over and over and over and over and over again. There is nothing else to do but get/do but  grind "acheivements" and gear after the first week. Unpresidented in my 15yrs of playing MMOs has a game had so little at launch as this game.

And you are right, we don't have to sub. But if people don't you will be alone on the servers with a handful of other fanbois and no new content because they can't pay the team to design it....

Originally posted by TheFur

- Obviously you have never worked nor understand the basic of the business industry. Move out of your parents house and get a job.

because the game is very low on content...compared to MANY MMOs at start up not just WOW. You can reach max lvl in a week (many did it in a day) and end game is just running the same PVP and Alerts over and over and over and over and over again. There is nothing else to do but get/do but  grind "acheivements" and gear after the first week. Unpresidented in my 15yrs of playing MMOs has a game had so little at launch as this game.

And you are right, we don't have to sub. But if people don't you will be alone on the servers with a handful of other fanbois and no new content because they can't pay the team to design it....

In all my years of playing too i have experiance MMO's with loads of content but you spend most of the time just farming and grinding for the sake of  reaching end game. AION is one of them.  Loads of content, but are you willing to play throught it? EQ2 have have tremendous loads of great stuff but i don't hear people supporting that? Nor do i hear LOTRO. These games have great content even back when it was P2P, but they both didn't have any support and was dying. WHY? Its definately not because of the lack of content, so why did these two titles have to convert?

I am sure there are many guys already crafting their own excuse to why these titles failed as P2P. 

The fact of the matter is. YES. Everyone have their choice, wheter they support the game or not determines wheter it grows to be a better and larger MMO for all. If it does grow everyone wins, if not, we have proven to the industry that besides Blizzard, no MMO regardless of wheter its great in gameplay or presention can ever settle in. And then reality sets in, everyone losses except Blizzard. Cause no game or company will ever have the resource to compete with WOW on launch date. 

The facts are there, great gameplay, great presentation, great value, but weak in content at the moment. And when its all said and done, ask yourself the one question, why can't Blizzard be beaten? And why no matter how good an MMO is, it still will be torn apart for obvious launch limitatons.

The market have already spoiled, there is no going back. TOR, Rift, 40k or any other MMO that is gona come out, will all be on the chopping block as proof that there is no MMO market anymore. Its only the WOW market. Its up to the public to break that chain.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

In all my years of playing too i have experiance MMO's with loads of content but you spend most of the time just farming and grinding for the sake of  reaching end game. AION is one of them.  Loads of content, but are you willing to play throught it? EQ2 have have tremendous loads of great stuff but i don't hear people supporting that? Nor do i hear LOTRO. These games have great content even back when it was P2P, but they both didn't have any support and was dying. WHY? Its definately not because of the lack of content, so why did these two titles have to convert?
    I am sure there are many guys already crafting their own excuse to why these titles failed as P2P. 
    The fact of the matter is. YES. Everyone have their choice, wheter they support the game or not determines wheter it grows to be a better and larger MMO for all. If it does grow everyone wins, if not, we have proven to the industry that besides Blizzard, no MMO regardless of wheter its great in gameplay or presention can ever settle in. And then reality sets in, everyone losses except Blizzard. Cause no game or company will ever have the resource to compete with WOW on launch date. 
    The facts are there, great gameplay, great presentation, great value, but weak in content at the moment. And when its all said and done, ask yourself the one question, why can't Blizzard be beaten? And why no matter how good an MMO is, it still will be torn apart for obvious launch limitatons.
    The market have already spoiled, there is no going back. TOR, Rift, 40k or any other MMO that is gona come out, will all be on the chopping block as proof that there is no MMO market anymore. Its only the WOW market. Its up to the public to break that chain.

You can't blame the shortcomings of DCUO on WoW. You also can't blame the market. Avatar Creations released a complete, bite sized game with Perpetuum. They are charging a bite sized price. Trion Worlds is releasing a complete full sized meal game with Rift. They are charging a full sized price. DCUO is a bite sized game with a full sized meal price. That's not Blizzard's fault, and it's not the market's fault. The fault lies squarely with SOE.

What we need to do is stop giving money to companies who try to give us little to no content and charge us an arm and a leg. If a game is incomplete or doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it. Let the weak ones die. Far fewer but better games would be better for everyone.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by TheFur

You bring up a valid point with your statement "why can't Blizzard be beaten? And why no matter how good an MMO is, it still will be torn apart for obvious launch limitatons."

The "launch limitations" are the same ones over and over and over. Server load/disconnects, balancing for PVP, bugs and tweaks ect. ect. It is almost like everyone is trying to reinvent the wheel.

Take the issues with the chat. SOE has done a chat interface before, why did they blow it here? Why was the customization for characters and powers so limited? They have done that before as well. As I stated in other posts, it is like they just emptied their brains of everything they had learned about MMOs for the last 15yrs and started over. No one said "Hey, we had this problem in XYZ in that ABC game we did a few years back. Lets make sure we don't do that again." or "Man CBA game did ZYX with their character gen and it was great. Lets try and implement that!" 

No, it was like they just forgot everything and fumbled around for 5 yrs and wasted 50 million. When they were forced into a launch date by the pencil-pushers, they were hung out to dry.

And they are not the only game that has done this and that is why I think everyone is so frustrated with new MMOs in general.  New game need to have a decent amount of content and enough progression to  last till the next expansion/update. If SOE doesn't have some major updates in content at the end of the first month, you will see a major drop of players and the quick death for the game.

The game play is fun, but for an action game that will only last so long without other stuff to do.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

it was ok. I got bored after the tutorial and I got sent on quests to kill x of mob a over and over.

Might as well be killing bunnies in any other game.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• jkhurt15jkhurt15 Member Posts: 10

I think this game is very fresh evidenced by even the complaints of this thread. It is not the same ole same ole. I think every perspective is different but from somone that works 6 days a week with an infant and a pregnant wife I like the pace. I enjoy that I can log on for an hour and feel like I have experienced and accomplished something. I look foward the future of DCUO. I believe it is bright.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

it was ok. I got bored after the tutorial and I got sent on quests to kill x of mob a over and over.

Well people say that the PvP is where DCUO really shines.  Unfortunately for me I found the PvP extremely shallow and boring.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

This is nothing more then a very simplistic, key-mashing, quickly-pass-the-time game. Veterans of on-line gaming and hardcore players will pass this game off almost as quicky as you level to 30.

It's not a game fit for any type or kind of longevity. Basically, it's something you can spend or waste your time on, depending on your point of view, while something- anything better comes along.

Don't ever forget one thing and one thing only. This is a game run by SoE. And if you know anything about their past misfortunes......er....experiences, you'll know exactly how they tend to operate.

Nothing new there and nothing else needs to be said.

'nuff said.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

Why do some of you play MMO's?  I have to ask this because apparently killing x mob means the game is no fun or a bad game.

What MMO doesn't have kill x mob quests in it?

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

What?

After posting a long and tedious explaination, people are still putting up nonsense.

Its an MMO, you ARE suppose to kill mobs. What else do you expect from an MMO? 

We have seen plenty of of this nonsense and gripes about  "I don't want to kill mobs because its boring and repetitive". Well what do you want to do then? If you are not into anything of this sort, Then you should NOT even be playing MMO's or any game in history besides Tetris or any puzzle game. Hell, even in PROTOTYPE you are specificly told to kill x amount of this and go here and there, kill this boss. Please think before even stating the obvious. If you believe you have a solution to this, we are all ears. 

Another thing i like to point out, SOE may have a bad history of games, but bare in minds Vanguard was not SOE's fault. Currently we have a solid game and an update was just annouced  for it. Which looks good. 

As always, people WILL gripe about anything even when they know what GENRE they are getting into. Ask a guy what is wrong with a game, and he will come out with hundreds of excuses and complaints. But ask him how to improve it or is there any game out there that meets his expectations, you will be met with a blank stare (your answer will mostly  be WOW). If you are not helping to improve what is wrong with the game or improve on the matter, and demanding what takes time to fix or implement, then single player games should be better for you since there is no community that would argue with you.

No game will grow without support, many have came before, and died off because of faulty gameplay and concept and planning. And i agree that games like AION, TR or AOC does not deserve your pity or time because their flaws are obvious. But if you are given the chance to help a good game grow, why beat it down with a stick only to complain about the next MMO thats gona be release later. 

Originally posted by lizardbones

You can't blame the shortcomings of DCUO on WoW. You also can't blame the market. Avatar Creations released a complete, bite sized game with Perpetuum. They are charging a bite sized price. Trion Worlds is releasing a complete full sized meal game with Rift. They are charging a full sized price. DCUO is a bite sized game with a full sized meal price. That's not Blizzard's fault, and it's not the market's fault. The fault lies squarely with SOE.

What we need to do is stop giving money to companies who try to give us little to no content and charge us an arm and a leg. If a game is incomplete or doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it. Let the weak ones die. Far fewer but better games would be better for everyone.

When you say fewer games is better, that would mean only WOW. Yes, we should stop giving money to incompetent companies that give us shitty content and a broken game like Star Trek Online. I agree with you on that. But DCU ain't broken or badly designed. You can't blame an MMO for being a bit short on content just because its new. A good MMO game with a decent amount of content at launch with few gripes is already a miracle. Wheter it becomes a huge game relies on the gamers choice to support it. Not the time it takes for a company to make the game or the funds it had. Producing an MMO is far larger and more difficult then a SP game. If your expecting High End SP like games for an MMO, with Crysis like graphics and cool ass gameplay from Devil may cry, your out of luck. The only people who might get that kinda game might be your grand children when they are in their teenage years in the year 2025.

Originally posted by erikk3189

This is nothing more then a very simplistic, key-mashing, quickly-pass-the-time game. Veterans of on-line gaming and hardcore players will pass this game off almost as quicky as you level to 30.

And this doesn't apply to every MMO in history?

Or any other action game at all? Do you play Digital Games at all? This doesn't just apply to DCU, you are complaining about every game that requires you to press a button. The only thing i can think of that you would ever want is the WII console.

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

The response to many complaints (bugs, lack of content, lack of features etc.) seems to be 'well so are other games'.

This is not acceptable. just because other things are crap doesn't mean everything can be crap.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Surprise, it's an action MMO game where you are superpowered hero/villain and the city is full of other foes you need to get rid of. What did you expect, to set up a mail delivery service in game? To set up a flower shop? Yes it's an action game and you beat up a lot of foes, then you get rewarded by boss scenarios and cut-scenes. There's also other ways to get XP like doing travel-power races, collections and some similar to these.

@rest of the thread; The game is just fine on PC/Kb+mouse, that's how I play it and there's no problem. The UI is fine to me, it has everything I need, but I can understand people dont like it who are used to a lot of customization.

One of the biggest problems about dissapointments by some people in this game is that they didnt know they were buying a fast paced game. Assuming stuff and being misinformed. Yes you beat up stuff a lot on your progression and you get to go to boss lairs in very short intervals, which makes it just fine considering a person wanting a change of scenery here and there. It's amazing how in many other mmo's it's just fine you have to spend time in one same spot doing hell of a lot of mob grinding quests AND to collect a flower or item X in between (oh how interesting everything just got!) for hours, in a very slow time sink manner.

Anyway, I like traditional mmo's, I've played a lot of them. I like DCUO also for not feeling so traditional in many areas of it, bottom line is, for once I'm having above average fun in a new mmo title and not the "I'm playing a clone of game x" - The initial price of this game is just fine, no one's asking you to pay the monthly fee if you are done in a month.

Ps. Killing bunnies/rats/birds/critters is no fun. Even FFXIV would have been better from the get go if instead of killing squirrels I would've got to kill humanoids/monsters.

Originally posted by Kuinn

Surprise, it's an action MMO game where you are superpowered hero/villain and the city is full of other foes you need to get rid of. What did you expect, to set up a mail delivery service in game? To set up a flower shop? Yes it's an action game and you beat up a lot of foes, then you get rewarded by boss scenarios and cut-scenes. There's also other ways to get XP like doing travel-power races, collections and some similar to these.

@rest of the thread; The game is just fine on PC/Kb+mouse, that's how I play it and there's no problem. The UI is fine to me, it has everything I need, but I can understand people dont like it who are used to a lot of customization.

One of the biggest problems about dissapointments by some people in this game is that they didnt know they were buying a fast paced game. Assuming stuff and being misinformed. Yes you beat up stuff a lot on your progression and you get to go to boss lairs in very short intervals, which makes it just fine considering a person wanting a change of scenery here and there. It's amazing how in many other mmo's it's just fine you have to spend time in one same spot doing hell of a lot of mob grinding quests AND to collect a flower or item X in between (oh how interesting everything just got!) for hours, in a very slow time sink manner.

Anyway, I like traditional mmo's, I've played a lot of them. I like DCUO also for not feeling so traditional in many areas of it, bottom line is, for once I'm having above average fun in a new mmo title and not the "I'm playing a clone of game x" - The initial price of this game is just fine, no one's asking you to pay the monthly fee if you are done in a month.

Ps. Killing bunnies/rats/birds/critters is no fun. Even FFXIV would have been better from the get go if instead of killing squirrels I would've got to kill humanoids/monsters.

This, people, is an example of an individual who knows what a discussions on facts mean. You deserve a cake.

The flaws in DCU are minor irritants that doesn't really affect the game in any major point. If anyone have a suggestion on how DCU can be improved do bring it up. Or better, use that feedback option in the game. 

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108

Obviously everyone has a personal perception but DCUO has remained engaging, immersive and fun for me since launch. It manages a level of immersion, resposiveness and reaction that other mmo' simply don't. It is missing some basic mmo staples and has a UI that is is need of a complete overhaul.

However the point for me is that its achievements are notable in being broadly unique among mmo's, I actually find it fun to play, as much fun as many a single player game yet without the dubiously addicitve elements of the usual mmo. By contrast its failings are broadly those very aspects that developers imo exploit to generate generic, sterile, timesumps within a game.

Odd as it may seem in the mmo world, I actually want a game that I spend time in because its more enjoyable than doing something else, I don't want yet another game that dangles some superficial, and in reality useless, reward in front of me in a desperate bid to keep me from hitting the cancel button. I don't want a game that exists as a glorified chat window, I don't want something that relies on a curious manifestation of addiction in place of genuine payback. These element characterise the generic mmo for me and its only familiarity that bludgeons me into thinking that is in any way acceptible.

DCUO is certainly not a typical MMO but is all the better for that fact, it stands by its ambition to convince you you are a part of its recognised IP. Its not perfect, its not complete (what mmo is) but its perhaps the most individual and geuinely committed online experiences yet released, nope its not more of the same....... and regardless of whether you like it or not surely the last thing this genre needs is for us to wish that it becomes  'more of the same'.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

This, people, is an example of an individual who knows what a discussions on facts mean. You deserve a cake.

The flaws in DCU are minor irritants that doesn't really affect the game in any major point. If anyone have a suggestion on how DCU can be improved do bring it up. Or better, use that feedback option in the game. 

All I read was yet another person who blames the problems of the game on the people who didn't find it super spiffy awesome like they did.  It isn't a factual argument to make statements like "One of the biggest problems about dissapointments by some people in this game is that they didnt know they were buying a fast paced game."

If your viewpoint requires you to generalize large groups of people and dismiss the actual statements like this, then you are not being factual or objective.  All you are doing is discussing PEOPLE and not the GAME.

Many of those so called people who didn't know what DCU was have brought up a lot of very valid concerns.  The same concerns that almost every game review site has listed. 

DCU may not be a dead end game as you put it, but what is it?  Is it an action console game that is so superior to other action console games that it is worth $15 a month to play? Is it an mmo the has the same depth, longevity and variety of gameplay that current mmos have to offer and worth the same $15 a month? 

As far as I can tell the game is a decent action combat fighter with gameplay content that is measured in weeks.  Outside of that the game needs work in almost every area.  Cool combat is a good start, but there is a very long road ahead.

As always, people WILL gripe about anything even when they know what GENRE they are getting into. Ask a guy what is wrong with a game, and he will come out with hundreds of excuses and complaints. But ask him how to improve it or is there any game out there that meets his expectations, you will be met with a blank stare (your answer will mostly  be WOW). If you are not helping to improve what is wrong with the game or improve on the matter, and demanding what takes time to fix or implement, then single player games should be better for you since there is no community that would argue with you.

No game will grow without support, many have came before, and died off because of faulty gameplay and concept and planning. And i agree that games like AION, TR or AOC does not deserve your pity or time because their flaws are obvious. But if you are given the chance to help a good game grow, why beat it down with a stick only to complain about the next MMO thats gona be release later. 

In these regards you are just plain wrong. As a beta tester we told sony what the flaws with the game were and they fell on deaf ears. That is why the chat still sux, the UI still sux, major power set are still missing, and they launch an incomplete game.

I read the beta/particpated in the beta forums. They were not listening and didn't care. So take your selfrightious attitude somewhere else. You are trolling at it's best.

• bunkadisbunkadis Member Posts: 6

I'm playing the buddy key trial right now, its a different game than i'm used to which is nice. But in all honesty I can't see myself actually spending 15 bucks a month on this game. There just isn't enough to it to validate that cost, I could get the same gameplay experience out of GW1. 

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

atm i am really enjoying dc universe and the population is better then i expected i am player on the europe servers and the server populations of all server are most of the time on high on all server.

the ui is something you need to get used to it was awkward at start but now since i got used to it it is really great theres not alot of crap in your screen and gives a nice action game feel (changing some key bindings also helps alot)

the game made me laugh alot cus of some voice overs from the joker they really did a great job with all characters.

if you want to play this game or are already playing and dont like it i really suggest going on a pvp server yes you will get ganked alot but it is really worth it like to today i had to do a quests on a spot where both villians and heros have quests going on there were about 6 vilians and 6 heros all trying to do their quests on that spot while killing the crap out of each other.

even if you get ganked by higher levels in this game it is not really a problem you can go back where you started very fast you dont really loose mutch cus of it.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

DCU will be a successful game for the niche it occupies. It will maintain a small/medium core group of players/subs and only SOE can say whether those numbers will be sufficient. The larger numbers of traditionalist MMOers will try it and probably not stay OR will elect to stay until a more traditional (not necessarily a clone, mind you) MMO is released.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by sldrop

I think its a dead end game lol .. I mean what can they add every month to keep the player subing?
    1+ new raid a month? + 1 new pvp ring? that won't keep this game going.  

They are discussing the game a bit more here which seems a bit more than what you are describing as a criticism.

You should probably try to read more than one gaming site to get a fuller picture of any game.

"Every month we're going to have a focus character -- roughly every month depending on how the updates come out. The main focus is that we hit quality [rather] than making sure we hit every four weeks. For this month, it's Catwoman.

As for being out after releasing for three weeks, this is pretty good actually for any new MMO:

Chris Cao:

"On top of that, for you PvPers, we now have a PvP open-world event just like we do in Metropolis for the War for the Rings and the Manhunters. There's now one fighting over all sorts of loot and common greed, just like you would in the streets of Gotham over armored cars and money bags. PvPers can get some more gank on there doing that.

Then we also have a new duo going in. We've kind of gussied up the Bane side of things and actually added a bunch of new minibosses and some more fights going in there. There's a whole new duo if you like doing the duos.

Then the sort of cap around it all is the Batcave 2. It's the next phase of the Batcave, where you actually fight Brother Eye. We've redone animations and effects and tuned the whole thing up. [We] watched where the players are -- as far as their skill points and their gear -- and tiered this to be another challenge for them. Now there will be three raids you can do every week as you go after that top-tier gear to be the best of the best on a given server."

I think it's fair to say that at 30, they've had about just as much content endgame wise as any MMO I've played at their respective launches, and in quite a few cases even more.

LOTRO had one endgame raid at launch if I remember right. AoC had one I think. I don't know what WoW or EQ2 had at launch; wasn't there then.