Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

one reason thats probably silly why i wont play this game

wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182

based on a few videos ive seen holding the S key doesn't make your character backpedal like in the majority of games, but actually run in that direction. Kinda ruins it for me..

Comments

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

You're right, it is silly;-)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Cool, one down and more to go.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

It's due to the combat, you have to move alot during the fight and backpedaling won't make sense in this game cause it's slow and you want to avoid that huge melee attack.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

I wonder , if in this game, taking back damage does more damage. It would make sense then, for your character to turn in that direction.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by wilberg

based on a few videos ive seen holding the S key doesn't make your character backpedal like in the majority of games, but actually run in that direction. Kinda ruins it for me..

if that is the case, then I agree with you.  I don't want the character running towards me on the screen, I just don't like it. I want to be looking in the direction that my toon is facing. I would have to  play in first person mode and that limits veiwable area. I hope they make it so you can choose how it works.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

I wonder , if in this game, taking back damage does more damage. It would make sense then, for your character to turn in that direction.

You mean it wouldn't.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by eyelolled

if that is the case, then I agree with you.  I don't want the character running towards me on the screen, I just don't like it. I want to be looking in the direction that my toon is facing. I would have to  play in first person mode and that limits veiwable area. I hope they make it so you can choose how it works.

That will not work also because you got to aim at your target in order to hit it.   If the camera is locked behind you then you would always have to face your target in order to hit it.  You need to move left / right and still be able to aim at your target.  Sidestepping or backpedaling is just too slow.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by stayontarget

That will not work also because you got to aim at your target in order to hit it.   If the camera is locked behind you then you would always have to face your target in order to hit it.  You need to move left / right and still be able to aim at your target.  Sidestepping or backpedaling is just too slow.

I see your point, I still think I'll have a hard time with it.  All those years of learning how to strafe attack  using the mouse to focus veiw on my target, going to waste!  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Sfaliara

It's due to the combat, you have to move alot during the fight and backpedaling won't make sense in this game cause it's slow and you want to avoid that huge melee attack.

No moonwalking during combat? Oh, the horror.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Sfaliara

No moonwalking during combat? Oh, the horror.

^^^ that would actually be pretty cool IMO.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

It is needed because the combat system, once you guys play it you will see that its the better option, and just to point it out it is not first person view in the game, or atleast i couldnt find how to put it in the open beta.

• LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223

well, i won't say that i will not play it, at least i will have a look in the european close beta, but so far i can give you one big reason for me, why i maybe will not stay with the game for a longer time .... this game is made for boys and for boys only.

1) huge weapons - "my axe is 30 feet long and wight triple as much as my avatar"

2) female running style - "huh, the chick with the white panty is really hot ..... mom, i'm in the bathroom to take a shower"

3) targeting system - "yeah sucker, i pwnd you noob ... rofl, omg, n1!!!!"

3) fighting pandas - "why do girls see me only as their best buddy, why can't i have *** with them"

don't get me wrong, i think this game looks great and it seams very promising. its only not my taste. maybe i'm too old for this.

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Lanfea  1) huge weapons - "my axe is 30 feet long and wight triple as much as my avatar"
    The huge weapons are not just aesthetics. They are for balancing. Weapon size actually determines reach because the weapon actually has to physically touch the enemy in the animation. Go rewatch a video of a melee character and imagine if their weapon was half it's size. They'd be gimped.

2) female running style - "huh, the chick with the white panty is really hot ..... mom, i'm in the bathroom to take a shower"

That running style you mention really only fits the Castanic. There are 5 other races you know. Try watching a female Amani or female human run. Very different.

So wait, people dont say "yeah sucker, i pwnd you noob ... rofl, omg, n1!!!!" in non-targeting games? Guess all those alliance characters teabagging me in WoW after group ganking me were thinking something different.

4) fighting pandas - "why do girls see me only as their best buddy, why can't i have *** with them"

Eh, dont really have a response for this.

Sup.

• gamespamgamespam Member Posts: 456

I can't play with bunny hoppers. It's rediculous to watch.

• skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244

Originally posted by gamespam

You can't shoot/hit/cast while jumping if thats what you mean.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

What do you mean? What is a bunny hopper?

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Lanfea

well, i won't say that i will not play it, at least i will have a look in the european close beta, but so far i can give you one big reason for me, why i maybe will not stay with the game for a longer time .... this game is made for boys and for boys only.

1) huge weapons - "my axe is 30 feet long and wight triple as much as my avatar"

3) fighting pandas - "why do girls see me only as their best buddy, why can't i have *** with them"

don't get me wrong, i think this game looks great and it seams very promising. its only not my taste. maybe i'm too old for this.

I have seen people mention these points before. Huge weapons are in this game yes...but if you notice the character compensate for the balance of the weapon.  The female Castonic running is comming with anime girls in the asian culture. If you your hung up on her panties then maybe you have an issue.  The game is not a targeting and fighting pandas are awsome. Where is you sense of fuin and humor. When you play any videogame you are appealing to the boy inside you.

BTW you put two number 3's.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Then this game is for you, no bunny hoppers here, i find ridiculous when i see the toons on MMO's jumping here and there while casting fireballs from their ass, is just stupid.

• Bunny hoppers belong to Darkfall, in Tera you can shoot fireball from the ass, jumping is only an aesthetical feature.