Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Devs Tackle Gathering

2»

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by romanator0

Except that if you go down into lower level areas and do lower level content your level scales down so you don't one or two shot everything and it is all viable content to do again. GW2 has no grind so that people don't feel like they are stuck in a stasis doing the same thing over and over and over and over.

For what purpose would they go down into lower level areas? Do you get something out of it? Do you have to grind for something there? If not, that's not a replacement to make the game longer.

I understand why ArenaNet has made it so the game has no grind, and I applaud them, but that doesn't change the facts. The game does not need longevity because their payment model is not based on people playing the game as long as possible. As long as people buy the game off the shelf, that's enough. They won't lose a dime if most of those players leave the game after 2 months, as long as the game gives good enough impression to them so that expansions will also sell well.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • HaradeasHaradeas Member UncommonPosts: 252

Wanted to say the same thing like some before me: Get rid of this debacle and focus on making a decent mmorpg.