Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SONY PORTABLE GAMING RIG!!!!! Screw Nintendo!!!! 3DS is no match now!! Screw Iphone 4 -5!!! No m

2»

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Originally posted by MMOExposed

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/346-sony-announces-next-generation-portable-handheld/

Sony Computer Entertainment, or SCE, is ditching the UMD format in favor of Flash-based memory cards for its new portable entertainment system, dubbed NGP.

Perfect!

Except I can speak, read and write Japanese and play games in Japanese Servers based in Japan! Considering most of PSP content currently in Japan gets edited and axed out of Localized versions. So yeah, expect games that have been cut in almost every way possible which also makes people dependent on owning a PS3 as well...

Good luck with the "You do not appear to be in Japan, this game content is for use in Japan-Only" messages that you will not see since entire sections will be cut to hide the fact that you won't ever get the same game released to the Japanese people outside of Japan. 

Finally good luck with Japanese Hospitality that makes Adolf Hitler's comments towards the Jews seem kind by comparisson. I learned to stand American and European gamers, their ways and insults along with their tone from spending time with Koreans, Malaysians, Chinese and Japanese in their own servers. The worse American or European insult sounds like kindness compared to the kind of things that one will come across playing in Japan. 

Have fun paying 10 - 100x more on a cheap Flash Memory Card w/ SONYs own format on it..:)

• BloodyMariaBloodyMaria Member Posts: 22

When it comes to a more interactive handheld device, the Nintendo DS  was the first to rule the gaming industry. I remember I started playing DS for quite sometime but I also find it interesting when the PSP was released. These two device would surely hit the market. Let's just see the results of the top hits after each release.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

While the video looked pretty good, I highly doubt that he new PSP2 will offer serious competition for the Iphone or 3DS for a number of reasons.

1. The Iphone is a phone, amongst other things. Yes, it has the ability to play games and other media but first and foremost it is used to make phone calls and send text messages. Besides the fact that the app store has other very useful applications besides games, there are some very good games on the iphone as well. But simply the fact that it's a phone, means that people will buy it because it's a phone. Personally, I see it as more of a competition to the Ipad.

2. 3DS has Mario, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong. Those names alone will guarantee that the system will be a success. While Killzone, Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet are all great games, I just don't see them competing with the Nintendo exclusives. I mean, Pokemon Platinum sold about 7.06 million copies and Mario Galaxy sold over 8 million copies worldwide. In comparison Uncharted 2 sold 3.8 million copies worldwide and LBP sold 4.5 million.

Those are impressive numbers for the Playstation games but all Nintendo has to do is release another Mario or Zelda or Pokemon game and chances are it will sell like hotcakes.

3. When dealing with portable gaming, convenience and appeal are important factors. Quite frankly, Nintendo exclusive games appeal to a much broader audience than Playstation exclusives. And as far as convenience goes, it doesn't get more convenient than a cell phone which can play games, as well as many other things.Besides, with a 5 inch screen, that thing is anything but portable. My iphone 3G is 4.5 inches long and fits in my pocket relatively well but if it was any bigger, it probably wouldn't fit. I'll need a pouch or something to carry the new Sony portable.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Vryheid

The PSP has WAY better games than any of the garbage you can buy for iPhones...

Vry, sony are releasing their back cat for android phones. I said this in my post above.

The PSP2 won't be competing with those old games you talk about, it will be competing with smart phones with Sony games.

and, ofc, Nintendo, who will once again dominate this round of things with a triumph of novelty over cutting edge.

Again.

3D without glasses isn't cutting edge?  A 3d camera isn't cutting edge?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by mmogawd

Vry, sony are releasing their back cat for android phones. I said this in my post above.

The PSP2 won't be competing with those old games you talk about, it will be competing with smart phones with Sony games.

and, ofc, Nintendo, who will once again dominate this round of things with a triumph of novelty over cutting edge.

Again.

We have always been at this problem. Most of the people I see talk about the 3ds needing glasses to work 3d.   Idk where they got that idea...I mean.....The first time I heard about it, I knew it was a glasses-less 3d x.x  with a 3d camera! Srsly people...WAtch mega64 ads...

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Again.

You have tried to look past the point I am making in order to post this :P

look, I will rephrase for you... 3D is a novelty draw. That novelty draw will destroy the hardware draw of the PSP2.  History will be repeated. Sony don't learn.

Hope that makes it clearer :)

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Again.

look, I will rephrase for you... 3D is a novelty draw. That novelty draw will destroy the hardware draw of the PSP2.  History will be repeated. Sony don't learn.

You have tried to look past the point I am making in order to post this.

3D is a legitmate hardware draw.  The 3DS is an amazing piece of hardware, as much if not more than the psp2.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Again.

You have tried to look past the point I am making in order to post this.

3D is a legitmate hardware draw.  The 3DS is an amazing piece of hardware, as much if not more than the psp2.

Why are you trying to argue with me... because I called 3D a novelty draw? Really?

Look, think past the snappy replies and see what i am actually saying... I am not putting the 3DS down. We are probably actually on the same side, but still you try to nit pick me to death despite me keeping the tone light and friendly lol.

peace :)

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by HumanHorn

What we said when the PSP came out and it ended up sucking.

Now times have changed and people want an all in one device like an iPhone and don't want to carry several big clunky devices like a PSP2 as well as a mobile when they can just have a smart phone now.

I agree, a PSP wouldn't fit in a normal pocket so I wouldn't want to carry it. I'd much prefer to just have an iPhone, play cut the rope or something and get home to play proper full 3D games. Handheld games need to be 5 mins of fun because when you're out you don't want full console games. The PSP didn't get this when the DS did and the PSP2 wont get it seeing the specs. The number one selling iPhone games are all short burst games like Doodle Jump or Angry Birds and not the full 3D games like Rage or whatever.

I just think the device will flop and I don't get what Sony are doing by releasing the Playstation Phone at the same time on much lesser hardware. All they're doing is spliting the support devs will give and guess what they'll give it to... the PSP2 and not the Playstation phone. So that phone will flop as well lol.

What they needed to do is ditch the PSP brand and make the ultimate Playstation Phone to go up against the iPhone. So they could have this PSP2 hardware in a proper phone.

Sony haven't made much sense in years, their brand is falling. They dropped the ball with the PSP and the PS3, they've lost their dominate market share and are dead last now. I reckon if the PSP2 doesn't do well then they'll close shop for Playstation.

If you already have the Iphone and the DS cornering the casual market wouldn't it be rather dumb to try enter it?   The smarter thing would be to go for the more hardcore gamers like sony has always done.

No this is by no means gonna kill sony and playstation.  That is just retarded analysis sorry. The PS3 might not be the king anymore,  but it by no means in a dreamcast low.