Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Part y is never over.

Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

It's true,

No matter how many WoW is dead,dying,over,done,WoW killer. It just isnt the case.  Dont fight it, whatever there doing there ,they do it well. It works.  We all want it to fail,suck be over, but it doesn't happen. We try new games for a month or two and we are back.

I don't know what they do but  it works. Put your post's into somthing more constructive,  ( yes you the guy who wrote the party is over ) leave the dead horse alone.  Walk away from the horse.  Go find that next game but don't say the WoW party is over.   (Maybe it is for you )

PEACE love you all, i want that new game as much as the rest  but until the devs come up with somthing don't fight the dumb hot blond, she is still the dumb hot blond she always was!

Comments

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Gonna have to speak for yourself on this one- I quit during Wrath and nothing Blizz can offer will bring me back. Also, to disagree with another point in your post, I don't want WoW to die, there are plenty of players in that game that like all of the things I don't in it and it's a great thing that they stay in WoW rather than infect new games and moan and complain until those new games are exactly like WoW.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by pierth

Gonna have to speak for yourself on this one- I quit during Wrath and nothing Blizz can offer will bring me back. Also, to disagree with another point in your post, I don't want WoW to die, there are plenty of players in that game that like all of the things I don't in it and it's a great thing that they stay in WoW rather than infect new games and moan and complain until those new games are exactly like WoW.

He nailed it. I don't think WoW will ever really die. It might never drop below 4 mill subs.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Xzen

He nailed it. I don't think WoW will ever really die. It might never drop below 4 mill subs.

I don't think you understand the definition of never.

Do you really think WoW will have 4 million subs in 2075?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Originally posted by Valgar1

It's true,

No matter how many WoW is dead,dying,over,done,WoW killer. It just isnt the case.  Dont fight it, whatever there doing there ,they do it well. It works.  We all want it to fail,suck be over, but it doesn't happen. We try new games for a month or two and we are back.

I don't know what they do but  it works. Put your post's into somthing more constructive,  ( yes you the guy who wrote the party is over ) leave the dead horse alone.  Walk away from the horse.  Go find that next game but don't say the WoW party is over.   (Maybe it is for you )

PEACE love you all, i want that new game as much as the rest  but until the devs come up with somthing don't fight the dumb hot blond, she is still the dumb hot blond she always was!

Have played wow for a long time now. Would consider myself one of the old guard. The game is not diying and will probably live longer than me. Though a lot of people I know including myself have just had enough of it now. We are all in our mid 30's. lived a lot of life and know ourselves and our own feelings quite well. We will  not be back. There will be lot's of players to replace us I think. The game isn't going anywhere but after the recent changes a lot of old players are. If they wan't to talk about that on a forum about mmorpg's that should be ok.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

So you had to make a thread because of this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/304910/Anyone-else-get-the-feeling-that-the-party-is-over.html ?

Just because he is tired of wow does not mean he is speaking for the whole wow player base.  Relax dude, your crack is not going anywhere for awhile.

~OP try not to take everything that is written to heart~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by stayontarget

So you had to make a thread because of this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/304910/Anyone-else-get-the-feeling-that-the-party-is-over.html ?

Just because he is tired of wow does not mean he is speaking for the whole wow player base.  Relax dude, your crack is not going anywhere for awhile.

~OP try not to take everything that is written to heart~

It does sound more like he's defending a family member or love interest than just a game.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

To think WoW will never die is silly. It won't keep so many subscriber for much longer if TOR and GW2 are as succsessful as we all believe they can be. Not a chance in hell in my opinion. Not to mention RIFT and TERA. As long as they release with enough to do and are not completely broken they can challenge WoW.

Nothing lasts forever.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Originally posted by Jimmy562

To think WoW will never die is silly. It won't keep so many subscriber for much longer if TOR and GW2 are as succsessful as we all believe they can be. Not a chance in hell in my opinion. Not to mention RIFT and TERA. As long as they release with enough to do and are not completely broken they can challenge WoW.

Nothing lasts forever.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that has been said before. Just replace TOR and GW2 with AoC and WAR, or with VG and Aion, or whatever previous game you choose.

If history has taught us anything, it is that we shouldn't call it a WoW killer until it actually has killed WoW.

In addition to that, you say 'as we all believe they can be'. Remember, you speak only for yourself when you post, don't appoint yourself the leader of a phantom army. I, alone am proof that 'we all' don't believe - at least not until I see it.

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Valgar1

It's true,

Calm down. I was speaking about my experience with the game. I never said it was "dying". If it stays running for another 20 years, that's all the better for the men and women who work for the company. However, the fact that you got upset because of me rambling on about a video game should make you take a hard look in the mirror. Remember: In the end, it's just a game. I didn't get upset when nobody played Pacman anymore, and i won't get upset when nobody plays Warcraft anymore. I played for well over 5 years. Saw all end-game content until this expac. I can still walk away from it. I don't feel like my character and I "are one", and I don't know the designers of Warcraft by their forum names. It's not that important to me.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

I'm leaving this open for now since things are civil, but please don't post rebuttal threads.  Post responses in the original thread. Thanks.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I don't know if the party's over, but I do think more than a few taxi's are being called.  Two friends of mine who were pretty hardcore WoWers have finally called it quits after Cataclysm was released.  They just finally got turned off.  But a bigger indicator to me that WoW is sliding into a long, slow decline is Teala's blog post, ripping the new expansion.  That pretty much told me that Blizzard not only fumbled the ball, but picked it up again and ran it into their own endzone, despite the rave reviews coming from official sources.

It doesn't kill WoW by any stretch, but it does open the door a little wider for all those other MMO contenders out there looking for a place in the sun of their own.  I expect Rift will be the first of many benefactors of Blizzard's first real misstep.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

I dont think WoW will die. It will continue for years... But I think they will start to lose subscribers. The devs responsible for the game right now are not very good and they are making mistakes that will hurt the game. Personally I dont like what they are doing and the plans they have. They force people to play like they want you to play. They destroyed the virtual world and it feels like a single player game with multi player instances. I dont think its good for the game long term. The over the top railroading and linear quests and phasing will make people less interested in creating and levelling new alts.  And people wanting to create alts is very important if they want subscribers to stay...

Perhaps Blizzard will hire a new dev team. Or at least  replace Ghost crawler and a few others... If they do that it is possible the game will get better again.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

WoW will eventually die. If for no other reason than they won't be able to run it on the quantum processors that eventually get built. The thing is, WoW is a very mainstream game...people who don't play games play WoW. Sociologists play WoW to study gaming when they won't play any other game. Once you have an audience like that, unless you do something incredibly stupid, you're going to have that audience forever. I bet when most people stop playing WoW, they don't pick up other games, or they don't pick up mmorpgs to play.

Just my impression. It'll die, or Blizzard will kill the game, but it won't die because something like Star Wars releases.

I can say that for me, the party is over. It was fun and I certainly don't regret the time spent playing, but I don't see myself playing again. At least on WoW's servers.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Please tell me which games you are playing so I know to stay away from them? 

Elitist people like you and most WoW haters make me sick. I don't want this kind of people in my game.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.