Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta 5 Problems?

1235»

Comments

  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,076

    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    And especially in this case as Trion has actually been using these events as actual beta tests besides the whole marketing glitz that goes with it.

    It really is getting to the point that game companies should never have these things and do everything in house if they can. It's become ridiculous.

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

    I can't even see it on my display. Updated drivers, tried multiple resolutions, can't do nothing but hear whizzy sounds while my monitor displays nothing but blue. So far not so good... though I'd like to at least try the game before I make any opinions.

    Anybody know of any similar issues or solutions?

    image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

  • watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    And especially in this case as Trion has actually been using these events as actual beta tests besides the whole marketing glitz that goes with it.

    It really is getting to the point that game companies should never have these things and do everything in house if they can. It's become ridiculous.

    The problem is hiring enough people to fill an actual load test on a server or servers that would compare to launch.  How else would they be able to do it?

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,076

    Originally posted by Douhk

    I can't even see it on my display. Updated drivers, tried multiple resolutions, can't do nothing but hear whizzy sounds while my monitor displays nothing but blue. So far not so good... though I'd like to at least try the game before I make any opinions.

    Anybody know of any similar issues or solutions?

    If you can, go to the Trion beta forums, find the appropriate place and bug it.

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    But you guys told us it was so "polished for a game in beta phase", I guess most of us expected this. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone who is excited for a games release. 

    Considering the test is only really 3 days, with all this downtime it doesn't seem like much of a "beta test" to me. All they are really testing is their server stability. Why even bother saying they are trying to test other things when its clearly not possible. 

    Edit 4 hours now and still can't log in. 

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,076

    Originally posted by yoyoblaka

    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    But you guys told us it was so "polished for a game in beta phase", I guess most of us expected this. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone who is excited for a games release. 

    Considering the test is only really 3 days, with all this downtime it doesn't seem like much of a "beta test" to me. All they are really testing is their server stability. Why even bother saying they are trying to test other things when its clearly not possible. 

    Edit 4 hours now and still can't log in. 

    You know what? It was very polished. Until they slammed their servers with all these new people. I don't know what to tell you. It's a new wrinkle in the fabric, a new bump in the road.

    It looks like this was a good test to see how many people they could accomodate. Apparently they have to redo some math or something. Let's see what happens over the next few days.

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by yoyoblaka


    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    But you guys told us it was so "polished for a game in beta phase", I guess most of us expected this. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone who is excited for a games release. 

    Considering the test is only really 3 days, with all this downtime it doesn't seem like much of a "beta test" to me. All they are really testing is their server stability. Why even bother saying they are trying to test other things when its clearly not possible. 

    Edit 4 hours now and still can't log in. 

    You know what? It was very polished. Until they slammed their servers with all these new people. I don't know what to tell you. It's a new wrinkle in the fabric, a new bump in the road.

    It looks like this was a good test to see how many people they could accomodate. Apparently they have to redo some math or something. Let's see what happens over the next few days.

    It's still very polished.  The number of people is what they are accounting for now.  We'll see how it all shakes out.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,076

    Originally posted by watchawatcha

    Originally posted by Sovrath


    Originally posted by watchawatcha


    Originally posted by Silverwatch

    please don't take this BETA as the actual game, its the only beta they have had any real problems tbh as I have played all of them. Its because instead of the usual VIP beta players and the rest now virtually everyone can play due to handing out beta codes left right and centre! I'm not playing this beta or any more after as I don't want to just play to get my chat wiped when ill be able to play in a month or so!

    Actually Beta 1 was a train wreck.  I'm at work so I don't know how bad this one is, but I have an idea.  LOL

    They get it settled soon, going by their past track record.

    It was?

    I was able to play beta 1 just fine?

    Beta 1 needed quite a few fixes the first day.  Including respawn rates and bottle necks on quests.  Mainly starting area issues from mass amount of people.  By the second day most of the immediate issues were addressed.  By the next event the rest of the stuff was addressed.

    I wouldn't label that as a train wreck. Respawn rates? bottlenecks on quests? hardly a train wreck.

    Train wreck is more along the lines of buggy as all git out, no one being able to get in for the entire beta or once in their computers crash.

    Being able to play just fine and not being able to get your quest mob does not equal train wreck.

    And if it does then my "oh noes, it's armagedon get out of my friggin' way" meter needs to seriously be recalibrated!

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,076

    Originally posted by watchawatcha

    Originally posted by Sovrath


    Originally posted by yoyoblaka


    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    But you guys told us it was so "polished for a game in beta phase", I guess most of us expected this. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone who is excited for a games release. 

    Considering the test is only really 3 days, with all this downtime it doesn't seem like much of a "beta test" to me. All they are really testing is their server stability. Why even bother saying they are trying to test other things when its clearly not possible. 

    Edit 4 hours now and still can't log in. 

    You know what? It was very polished. Until they slammed their servers with all these new people. I don't know what to tell you. It's a new wrinkle in the fabric, a new bump in the road.

    It looks like this was a good test to see how many people they could accomodate. Apparently they have to redo some math or something. Let's see what happens over the next few days.

    It's still very polished.  The number of people is what they are accounting for now.  We'll see how it all shakes out.

    True but I sometimes think that people expect great connections as part of "polish". I will go down saying the game play is polished if not for everyone and that this issueis  just a bump in the road.

    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by watchawatcha


    Originally posted by Sovrath


    Originally posted by watchawatcha


    Originally posted by Silverwatch

    please don't take this BETA as the actual game, its the only beta they have had any real problems tbh as I have played all of them. Its because instead of the usual VIP beta players and the rest now virtually everyone can play due to handing out beta codes left right and centre! I'm not playing this beta or any more after as I don't want to just play to get my chat wiped when ill be able to play in a month or so!

    Actually Beta 1 was a train wreck.  I'm at work so I don't know how bad this one is, but I have an idea.  LOL

    They get it settled soon, going by their past track record.

    It was?

    I was able to play beta 1 just fine?

    Beta 1 needed quite a few fixes the first day.  Including respawn rates and bottle necks on quests.  Mainly starting area issues from mass amount of people.  By the second day most of the immediate issues were addressed.  By the next event the rest of the stuff was addressed.

    I wouldn't label that as a train wreck. Respawn rates? bottlenecks on quests? hardly a train wreck.

    Train wreck is more along the lines of buggy as all git out, no one being able to get in for the entire beta or once in their computers crash.

    Being able to play just fine and not being able to get your quest mob does not equal train wreck.

    And if it does then my "oh noes, it's armagedon get out of my friggin' way" meter needs to seriously be recalibrated!

    okay by that definition I will relent and say it wasn't a train wreck.  The first day had an enormous amount of QQers though.

  • watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

    Originally posted by Sovrath

    Originally posted by watchawatcha


    Originally posted by Sovrath


    Originally posted by yoyoblaka


    Originally posted by Teala

    I have one simple question to all those that think the game should be up 100%.

     

    "What part of the word "beta" don't you understand?

    But you guys told us it was so "polished for a game in beta phase", I guess most of us expected this. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone who is excited for a games release. 

    Considering the test is only really 3 days, with all this downtime it doesn't seem like much of a "beta test" to me. All they are really testing is their server stability. Why even bother saying they are trying to test other things when its clearly not possible. 

    Edit 4 hours now and still can't log in. 

    You know what? It was very polished. Until they slammed their servers with all these new people. I don't know what to tell you. It's a new wrinkle in the fabric, a new bump in the road.

    It looks like this was a good test to see how many people they could accomodate. Apparently they have to redo some math or something. Let's see what happens over the next few days.

    It's still very polished.  The number of people is what they are accounting for now.  We'll see how it all shakes out.

    True but I sometimes think that people expect great connections as part of "polish". I will go down saying the game play is polished if not for everyone and that this issueis  just a bump in the road.

    I think they might have fixed the issues somewhat...the boards have quieted down.

  • cappytoicappytoi Member UncommonPosts: 41

    I'll take my hard words back. That can be considered a fast fix, although still it could be a bit better since they knew how many people could log on this beta event. Anyway if we will not see these kind of problems at the launch, that might be an awesome start for this game.

  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

    I was just on a high server and good lord there was a TON of people in the first quest hub out of the starter zone.My ping was 4k and NPCs would not appear until I was about 10 feet away.

     

    wow!

  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    The forums are quiet because everyone is playing. Trion added more servers and that solved the log in issue. Now all they have to do is lower the play population cap on the servers and it would run perfect again. Right now the servers are flooded and due to 90% of the players being in the Sub 20 areas the game is chugging a bit. Other than the lag the game is much improved. My champions mel

    image

    Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

  • AriesianAriesian Member UncommonPosts: 20

    This is also a weekday beta. Some of us have to go to work.

     

    -whimper-

     

  • joeocjoeoc Member Posts: 3

    I have read some of the different forums and it seems all these players can log in well i will be the first to tell you after about 100 attempts  i havent seen the game yet.

    I only played one game in beta which was aion and i do remeber start of beta being crazy but once they added those new servers everything was ok.Well i seem to read rift added new server but i still cant get past the 89% screen im starting to think im doin something wrong cause everywhere i search noone seems to be complaining about loggin in.

     

    I just wish i knew how the hell youi guys are getting into game.

  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by joeoc

    I have read some of the different forums and it seems all these players can log in well i will be the first to tell you after about 100 attempts  i havent seen the game yet.
    I only played one game in beta which was aion and i do remeber start of beta being crazy but once they added those new servers everything was ok.Well i seem to read rift added new server but i still cant get past the 89% screen im starting to think im doin something wrong cause everywhere i search noone seems to be complaining about loggin in.
     
    I just wish i knew how the hell youi guys are getting into game.

     

    The first time I clicked retry about ten times. Now I get in whenever I want..I'm playing on NA servers. I don't understand how people still have these problems as I haven't seen log in issues since they added the new servers at 4:30pm NYC time.

    image

    Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

    Did you allow both the updater and the game to update itself? There was a small update launched at some point  early in the beta yesterday. I don't know if that's the issue.

  • EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

    Originally posted by joeoc

    I have read some of the different forums and it seems all these players can log in well i will be the first to tell you after about 100 attempts  i havent seen the game yet.

    I only played one game in beta which was aion and i do remeber start of beta being crazy but once they added those new servers everything was ok.Well i seem to read rift added new server but i still cant get past the 89% screen im starting to think im doin something wrong cause everywhere i search noone seems to be complaining about loggin in.

     

    I just wish i knew how the hell youi guys are getting into game.

     

    Issues with firewall?

     

    I got in around 23% Now...

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

    I wonder how many people are just VIP invites and how many people are part of the pre-order invites. Seems like there are a lot more pre-orders than people who were just invited. There are more than double the number of servers for the last beta test so I'm thinking the answer is "a lot".

    I'm just hoping I can get on the server where I already have characters leveled some so I can see more of the higher level stuff before the beta ends.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • joeocjoeoc Member Posts: 3

    I preordered game.Have been trying since my last post above about 10 attempts just now still cant get in.

     

    I dont think it is on my end why io cant log in (might bew im no expert).I can log into my warhammer game fine and aion i need to run smoothping before i can log into that maybe one of these has something to do with it.

    All i know is im gonna be really pissed if these 3 days go by and i cant log into servers when i have been looking forward to this beta  for a few weeks now.

  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

    You'll find more helpful answers in the link below. Login with your account and head to the beta section, technical issues.

     

    http://forums.riftgame.com/

  • EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

    Originally posted by joeoc

    I preordered game.Have been trying since my last post above about 10 attempts just now still cant get in.

     

    I dont think it is on my end why io cant log in (might bew im no expert).I can log into my warhammer game fine and aion i need to run smoothping before i can log into that maybe one of these has something to do with it.

    All i know is im gonna be really pissed if these 3 days go by and i cant log into servers when i have been looking forward to this beta  for a few weeks now.

     

    EU or US? Just logged in on EU.  It's more convicing to think it's on your connection or on firewall and not on game as there isn't others complaining...

Sign In or Register to comment.