Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome game you should try it

tihi8585tihi8585 Member Posts: 2

Hi I love Allods, GMs are super active makeing events almost every day. Since th few months ago game isnt CS dependent as it was before. I got to lvl 40 with plenty of money to make runes I also got a wolf mount and some cs costumes all that without paying with only in-game gold. If u want to start the game u can contact me on Tensess , game char Guza faction empire if u got any questions =P

I made a video for the contest, its my first made video ever so feel free to tell me how it is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2SYAG6eFqw

Comments

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

It will need a ton more of these positive feedbacks, to repair the damaged trust.

In my eyes, the people behind Allods are very very greedy.

• tihi8585tihi8585 Member Posts: 2

True they did a lot fo mistakes, and lost a lot of population. I also quit the game.

But came back a few months ago when they started to make it better.

And every new patch game i sgetting better and better. Population is also rising .

I would keep an eye on the game if I were you. ^_^

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

I just reinstalled it for giggles. I'll play it till the cash shop gets in the way. The game is pretty damn fun.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I dont want to pay for a f2p quality mmo just to be decent at the end..

So no, I will never step onto it again

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• GaranorGaranor Member Posts: 1

Just started playing this game not too long ago and I cant understand why everyone is hating on it. Maybe it was bad before but what I see now is epic. Ive played alot of free MMO's, also monthly subscription ones and this one is way beyond any free ones, I would say its up there with the pay to plays. So im not so suprised the developers of the game might be a little greedy since its obvious they put alot of work into it.  Atlantica is probably the only other free MMO that went into so much detail with their world. Mind you this is just from a visual and technical perspective. Brilliant designs for world, comfrotable controls, plenty of quests (grinding, but who are we kidding here? its an MMO) etc. I doubt this one will dissapoint me anytime soon.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by Garanor

Just started playing this game not too long ago and I cant understand why everyone is hating on it. Maybe it was bad before but what I see now is epic. Ive played alot of free MMO's, also monthly subscription ones and this one is way beyond any free ones, I would say its up there with the pay to plays. So im not so suprised the developers of the game might be a little greedy since its obvious they put alot of work into it.  Atlantica is probably the only other free MMO that went into so much detail with their world. Mind you this is just from a visual and technical perspective. Brilliant designs for world, comfrotable controls, plenty of quests (grinding, but who are we kidding here? its an MMO) etc. I doubt this one will dissapoint me anytime soon.

They might be a little greedy? You haven't gotten very far yet in the game have you, or are you an employee of one of the companies hosting this game? In the beginning it looks like it's all you've ever dreamt an MMO should be. Later on the cash shop will hit you hard though. EU might be a little less harsh than NA, but the Cash Shop killed this game. If you're looking for a long term game to play for not too much money, look elsewhere. It's bloody expensive.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• HpnotiqHpnotiq Member Posts: 64

Man I am sick of all the shills.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I was used to be pro-f2p, it was not until Allods Online that I see the potential green-heartedness of f2p models. So in a way, I thank Allods Online, now I'm pro-good games :P

I went back to the game a month ago, quit at level 11 again, the combat is just too slow, even for a tab target game, 

ps: is the scout class just complete junk or something?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Scout used to be real OP in PvP back in the days, so they got nerfed real bad. So of course they suck compared to how they used to be. They might even be one of the weaker classes out there now, but they don't just outright suck except to those who played scout when they were the gods of PvP. 

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

What is it with all the posters making their first post then talking about how awesome and epic Allods is. I mean if you really want to make us think you are an actual player, and not some developer coming in here and trying their best to get people to come back to play after you guys royally screwed the player base over because of greed, then maybe you should post in some other threads first, build up some credibility or something. 

All your'e doing now is making the game look extremely desperate for players. Sorry you guys had a good game, ruined by your own greed. Excuse me while me and my wallet go elsewhere. 

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Sorry Allods. Burn me once, shame on you, and well, I dont give second chances anymore.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by Xerith

What is it with all the posters making their first post then talking about how awesome and epic Allods is. I mean if you really want to make us think you are an actual player, and not some developer coming in here and trying their best to get people to come back to play after you guys royally screwed the player base over because of greed, then maybe you should post in some other threads first, build up some credibility or something. 

All your'e doing now is making the game look extremely desperate for players. Sorry you guys had a good game, ruined by your own greed. Excuse me while me and my wallet go elsewhere. 

Maybe a poster with 100 post count or more make a thread about how bad Allods management is lol

oh wait, its not worth it.

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

I think this game, and how you view it, depends on what you want from an rpg. If you want your name known as one of the best, but don't want to spend money, than this isn't for you, as you won't get to be the best without paying cash.

I started playing on the European servers a few weeks back and i like it, there are some community problems so we'll have to see how that's addressed (by that I mean the community is small, but in a flux as old players seem to be quitting due to lack of end content but new ones are joining and levelling up).

My advice would be that if you haven't played the game to try it, the community are nice, the game can be fun and the graphics and sound is top notch

(also I have a low post count because I generally just lurk and read threads, not because I created Allods Online :-) )

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by comrademario

I think this game, and how you view it, depends on what you want from an rpg. If you want your name known as one of the best, but don't want to spend money, than this isn't for you, as you won't get to be the best without paying cash.

I started playing on the European servers a few weeks back and i like it, there are some community problems so we'll have to see how that's addressed (by that I mean the community is small, but in a flux as old players seem to be quitting due to lack of end content but new ones are joining and levelling up).

My advice would be that if you haven't played the game to try it, the community are nice, the game can be fun and the graphics and sound is top notch

(also I have a low post count because I generally just lurk and read threads, not because I created Allods Online :-) )

The sound is not top notch on Allods, in fact, it's one of the game's weakest points. It's practically non-existent in many parts of the game.

This isn't the worst f2p there is, but aside from the cash shop thing there are some other issues for me. I quit in the 20s somewhere simply because it had become a tedious grind. Lots of effort has gone into translating the text quest and the graphics are nice and all. There are some interesting combat mechanics - my palladin had damage shields which were an absolutely brilliant idea - but the quest themselves and the story/lore completely suck. You find yourself running around everywhere collecting this and that and it becomes hard to care after a very short time. Immersion became nil for me very soon.

Areas such as ZIT and the Wild Isles are samey and boring and jumping around on tiny allods just adds to the game's fragmented feel. I just found myself wondering why I was playing after a while.

There are a no. of insanely silly quests that get repeated in each area too - more fillers than anything else -and what's that daft portal opening quest about with the five-minute cool down on the key. Nope, had enough of this one folks....

• Oy-jordOy-jord Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by tihi8585

Hi I love Allods, GMs are super active makeing events almost every day. Since th few months ago game isnt CS dependent as it was before. I got to lvl 40 with plenty of money to make runes I also got a wolf mount and some cs costumes all that without paying with only in-game gold. If u want to start the game u can contact me on Tensess , game char Guza faction empire if u got any questions =P

I made a video for the contest, its my first made video ever so feel free to tell me how it is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2SYAG6eFqw

*sniff sniff*

I smell a shill!

PS:  I'm not even an Allods-hater, it wasn't for me, the game's just meh.  But these shill posts need to stop.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Ok I lurk these forums a lot so my post count will be really low... probably my first post don’t remember.  I just wonder first of all why people would pay for a game in beta.  I mean, I played in the days before the Gipat patch and it was pretty good, but then they stealth nerfed us and I found myself barely surviving against mobs my own level. Wtf!  On that same patch, they introduced mounts which are CS only (surprise surprise) which made us free players being the only ones having to walking ages to get somewhere.  I forgot the zone name but its the lvl 10-14 place i think south of the Empire starter zone.  That place had like 4 protals or something and i had to walk ages just to get to those places.  Then they gave those quests that gave blue gear in response to the nerf and it was barely enough. 

I thought it’d be better after a few months so I made a new character a few days ago.  Man was it lame.  Combat’s already slow in this game and now I can’t even make it past level 7!  I have to pretty much afk every 5 minutes or less to heal for ages, it’s so dman frustrating.  So yeah i left.

Then there’s the horrible bugs in the Dead Sea wtf, entire spawn zones in the air and even a boss if i remember correctly.  I was gonna rep grind there to get blue gear so i could actually fight properly now that i was nerfed but i couldn’t even do that! I heard the Astral is completely bugged as well. 

I think there’s now free patronage every day but it takes like 15 minutes to get and you can only get it at level 16 up to 35 or something.  So that pretty much means I would have to somehow level my level 7 toon to 16 and it was already hard pre-Gipat.  And to make it even more annoying, there’s a high chance your items get cursed or something when you die ( your stats get inverted and are worse than useless.)  Of course, you could always use a CS item to uncurse your item.

So that sums up my rant.  I thought going back to Rom was better but i was wrong.  I’m stuck at level 52 in Savage lands lol and of course Purified Fusion Stone is CS.

Well, you can get a few hours worth of incense every day in the basement of Yasker's, that helps a lot until you can get it at level 16 for the whole day. And when you can get htat incense for 24 hours you can get 'skinnie pots' there for 4 hours.

The cursing doesn't happen very often with blue gear, and certainly not at low level. You'll need charms at high levels though to protect your epic and legendary gear. Charms can be bought for the day in the basement too, or you can buy them in the auction house.

It's pay to win in a big way, but it's not as horrible as you'd think once you know your way around.

Most f2p games are slow levelling and turn boring after a while, pay to make the boring parts pass more quickly, and pay (a lot) to own in PvP.

Originally posted by Cawickeng

I thought going back to Rom was better but i was wrong.  I’m stuck at level 52 in Savage lands lol and of course Purified Fusion Stone is CS.

Use the Auction house to get some cheap white gears is my advice, I got to lvl 55 without using cash shop.

But going into instances.......thats a different story =

yeah but they cost a lot.  like 200k a piece and i only got 2 mil.

• killersk74killersk74 Member Posts: 3

allods have very good grafics and betiful environment, i love this game ^^ image

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

Sorry guys, I tried your game a couple of months ago when i literally had nothing to play, and I liked the system and some of the quirky art direction. The death penalties and CS were ridiculous though so I quit, and I won't go back.

Maybe I'll check you out once I've played through RIFT, DCUO, GW2 and SWTOR.

Originally posted by killersk74

allods have very good grafics and betiful environment, i love this game ^^ image

wow you say you "love" this game, yet in your xfire signature banner shows you only played less than 1 hour of Allods.........so have you got out of the tutorial area yet?

haha problem is after you've played GW2, you probably won't leave it.

Originally posted by killersk74

allods have very good grafics and betiful environment, i love this game ^^image

Lol, 12 hours of Allods now...The graphics and environment aren't bad. You love this game for now, it's great for starters, but eventually you'll get to the CS kicking you where it hurts. Oh well, have fun with it while you still can.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

I played Allods up to about level 30 and then stopped because of the constant ganking.

I enjoy pvp as much as the next guy, but when someone only has a 1 level difference and they can destroy you, makes this game fail - Hard.

Doesn't matter how good you are, if they out level you, at all (even 1 level), they will kill you in a matter of seconds and there really isn't anything you can do about it. Its ridiculous.