Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

neocron 3?

TavvraTavvra 2029 CorrespondentMember Posts: 112

Neocron and Neocron 2 were pretty awesome, except for the fact that they had gameworlds that were way bigger then the client base and fell short with population. Will this be another blunder for Funcom? Funcom has a track history of failing in the marketing and new player turn around, rather sad because they have very original ideas but fail when trying to implement them. I will check it out but don't expect to pay for it.

"Yea, I've been drinking again.."

Comments

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

funcom didn't make neocron, prob not what you meant anyway, but maybe a little more cohesion between your thoughts is necessary.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

I played Neocron2 for about 14 months. The features were amazing, years ahead of the competition. I loved the "look and feel" too. But the implementation sucked, with many obvious and annoying bugs that were still unfinished a year after launch.

So if Funcom makes The Secret world into a well-implemented Neocron clone, I might buy it because decent coding quality was all that Neocron lacked.

BTW, Neocron was not made by Funcom but by Reakktor. Who are currently working on Black Prophecy. As much as I like the idea of a space shooter MMO, I won't (try to) touch that one before open beta. There is a limit to my frustration tolerance image