Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why World of Warcraft is VERY sad.

124»

Comments

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by mikethk

Originally posted by preston326

No, WoW haters are VERY sad. I mean they come up with things like "most people think..." and "I want..." This is meaningless, its sad for you but all those other people are having fun in one way or another (why else would they pay sub).

You want a sandbox and be unique and jada jada jada but WoW does not cater to people like you it caters mainly to people who want to chill and have some easy and fun themepark. No one wants to grind something to get that very unique item after a hard day of work. It is not fun!

Now why would you guys hate WoW for this? Does EVERY fucking game has to be created for hardcore sandboxers or is that you are jeleous because the game you play suck and is dieing?

Oh, but yeah... everyone has to like the thing I like or else its sad... for them.

So you say you DONT grind in WOW? Let me refresh how you grind from day 1 to the day you unsub. They add new gear each 6 month and OMG you obtain it the same way at last time. Are you kidding me?

I compare WOW to cigarettes. Its actually a nice comparison. Its evil but you can stop because of the nicotine.

Blizzard hired ppl to figure out the nicotine and implemented it in the gameplay.

Its bad to smoke, but ppl cant stop.

Its bad to play sucky games, but ppl cant stop.

Why you think some ppl died from playing wow? They forgot to eat. OMG.

Someones child died because they forgot her, because of the nicotine.

Some is trying to sue Blizzard for ruin there life.

This is nicotine. 

lol people like you are exactly what's wrong with society today. You blame someone else for your lack of self control. It's just like people trying to sue McDonalds because their food made them fat. No it definitely wasn't your own free-will stuffing down hamburgers down your fat face every day, it was the company that provided it.

A video game can only be psychologicaly addicting, it can't be physically addictive (like your poorly expressed nicotine comparison), so no, you're wrong.

What Blizzard did was find devs that could cater to their customers and continued to develope and refine a scheme that their fan base liked. When you become a professional, you can only dream to be half as effective as they were with their job.

Your arguments are so mickey mouse and one dimensional that there really is no point. You'll just blow past everything and remain wrapped up in your own ignorance, oblivious and all.

lol Blizz hired people to make the game addicting. Now that's a stretch, even for a wow basher lol.

Yes i actually blame someone else for my lack of self control..... Try think of democracy. You save the weakest's.

Look at the intire world, and exspecially USA. They eat MacD. They are fat and get sick of it. Dont ever think everyone can control themselves, because as a matter of fact, that aint true.

I dont mean cigarettes and wow should have the same physically effect. OMG. Are you 2 years old not to understand it. Dont you see the point?  And. Nicotine is  psychologicaly addicting so i might not be that wrong anyway.

What Blizzard did WAS to hire specialized people to actually handle the addicting part. Not just as you say. They actually hired ppl for this purpose and asked them, "What can we do to make our game addictive".

I am an proffesional. I got a company.

If you think im Mickey mouse why dont you then start reargue what i said? Should be pretty easy mrs. Nicotine is not psychologicaly addicting.

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by preston326

No, WoW haters are VERY sad. I mean they come up with things like "most people think..." and "I want..." This is meaningless, its sad for you but all those other people are having fun in one way or another (why else would they pay sub).

You want a sandbox and be unique and jada jada jada but WoW does not cater to people like you it caters mainly to people who want to chill and have some easy and fun themepark. No one wants to grind something to get that very unique item after a hard day of work. It is not fun!

Now why would you guys hate WoW for this? Does EVERY fucking game has to be created for hardcore sandboxers or is that you are jeleous because the game you play suck and is dieing?

Oh, but yeah... everyone has to like the thing I like or else its sad... for them.

So you say you DONT grind in WOW? Let me refresh how you grind from day 1 to the day you unsub. They add new gear each 6 month and OMG you obtain it the same way at last time. Are you kidding me?

I compare WOW to cigarettes. Its actually a nice comparison. Its evil but you can stop because of the nicotine.

Blizzard hired ppl to figure out the nicotine and implemented it in the gameplay.

Its bad to smoke, but ppl cant stop.

Its bad to play sucky games, but ppl cant stop.

Why you think some ppl died from playing wow? They forgot to eat. OMG.

Someones child died because they forgot her, because of the nicotine.

Some is trying to sue Blizzard for ruin there life.

This is nicotine. 

lol people like you are exactly what's wrong with society today. You blame someone else for your lack of self control. It's just like people trying to sue McDonalds because their food made them fat. No it definitely wasn't your own free-will stuffing down hamburgers down your fat face every day, it was the company that provided it.

A video game can only be psychologicaly addicting, it can't be physically addictive (like your poorly expressed nicotine comparison), so no, you're wrong.

What Blizzard did was find devs that could cater to their customers and continued to develope and refine a scheme that their fan base liked. When you become a professional, you can only dream to be half as effective as they were with their job.

Your arguments are so mickey mouse and one dimensional that there really is no point. You'll just blow past everything and remain wrapped up in your own ignorance, oblivious and all.

lol Blizz hired people to make the game addicting. Now that's a stretch, even for a wow basher lol.

Helthros you need to check this out. This was done before WoW in EQ and well you know how that goes. Blizzard didn't need to hire anyone just look at other peoples research studies.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Really interested in your take on this ;D.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

Of course spelling and grammar are unimportant in the professional world, right?

Originally posted by Arawnite

Of course spelling and grammar are unimportant in the professional world, right?

No need for grammar class on the forums here! Everyone makes a mistake once in awhile.

• ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by Vahrane

No need for grammar class on the forums here! Everyone makes a mistake once in awhile.

When you're trying to sell yourself as a professional and the owner of a company, then yes it does matter. He can make all the mistakes he wants, I just found it to be hilarious.

• MimiEZMimiEZ Member Posts: 225

He made more than one mistake in that same post.

-I want a Platformer MMO

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

When you're trying to sell yourself as a professional and the owner of a company, then yes it does matter. He can make all the mistakes he wants, I just found it to be hilarious.

: ) Your right about that. . . Luckely in my proffesion, english aint important.

Originally posted by MimiEZ

He made more than one mistake in that same post.

I know I was being nice ><! Sheesh peoples. 

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by Daitengu

Originally posted by Fargol

"Mostly ppl would answer:

"Free world, with dungeons and PVP and crafting. Unique gear and to travel around the world exploring.""

And you know this how?

That's a corruption on an advertising campaign Blizz did for WoW back in Vanilla.

And even if true, the rest of your WoW basher of a post is your opinion projected on others.

How many subs does WoW have?

Just because it's popular doesn't make it good. There's a threshold where something will perpetuate in the populace just because it's what everyone else is doing. Alcohol, smoking, drugs and religions for example. Social inclusion/exclusion and peer preassure is why there are meme fads.

Reading the OP's post, I think he doesn't like the feeling that the world is a lobby with instances dungeon and battleground minigames. While I get that we wants a more immersive world, and less seperation. I really don't think he realizes the pros and cons of doing things differently. 

No BGs, and open world PVP only? been there. I couldn't get quests done for a week in Tarren Mill, because a hundred people were fighting there damn near 24/7.

Seamless dungeons? Been there too. In EQ I even waited in line for 36 hours straight for a chance to kill a named mob, for a drop.

He needs to think out his opinion more, and stop expecting single player RPG experience in an MMO. It just doesn't happen.

I see a lot of these same complaints and I can't help but to think that people want just that- a single player experience in a MMO. If you want a single player MMO, go play one- there are plenty out there and many of them are great. What WoW has to offer that DF and MO don't is a strong player base and a very polished game.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• JLVDBJLVDB Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by eveisbetter

So, I guess McDonald's has better food, right?     *sigh*   subs mean absolutely jack-$hit when trying to map out the qualities and flaws of a game.

People is everything in MMO land.

The more people that want to pay (not play),   the better the game for the people.

Payment is actually a very good grading tool.

Edit: What the OP "forgot" to mention is that the World of Warcraft backs it all up. It is always there to roam in.

The tric is to assemble people when they want to be assembled.

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by Fargol

"Mostly ppl would answer:

"Free world, with dungeons and PVP and crafting. Unique gear and to travel around the world exploring.""

And you know this how?

And even if true, the rest of your WoW basher of a post is your opinion projected on others.

How many subs does WoW have?

he knows this because unlike all other games in the world!! wow actually does have the largest subscriber base.

so he is very very very correct in his post.

wow has no fabric, its just a grind a boreing one at that.

and yes its good advice from him for others to play real mmo's such as eve and darkfall.

wow is not free world and its not true mmo. when you eneter an instance in wow its just you and your little team and thats out of the game completely and whisks you away to a secluded little server.

loot is linear and class specific and restrictive. this means every single player at max level will have the exact same items.

i call this cookey cutter building. its when their is a spoecific item setup for a specific class that just works better than all other possible item setups and every body uses it.

wow is a sucker for this kind of game play. its week and lacking.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Give me convenience or give me death.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Palebane

Give me convenience or give me death.

Go get yourself some good ol' death.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by eveisbetter

Before WoW, grinding wasn't a bad thing.      That's what there was.  that's what MMO's were about. grinding with friends.  Building a unique community per server, developing and CUSTOMIZING your characters to be your own, and not a cookie cutter so that everyone couldn't tell eachother apart.         We enjoyed the grind because it didn't feel like a grind.  It felt like tearing $hit up with your friends and having a blast and interracting with others as they passed.   

True words.

Before the playstation came out, people enjoyed cartdriges.

Before videogames were invented, kids enjoyed playing cowboy and indians in the garden.

And before WoW came out, grinding mobs for hours didn't pose me any problem.

What pose me a huge problem now, is rather the fact that interactions in WoW are not necessary and thus much harder to initiate before the endgame. not that i wanted to interact with teenagers in the first place anyway, it's against the law for an old timer like me!

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Loke666

There is a big difference between most people here and most MMO players. Most of us here started with games like The realm, Meridian 59, Ultima online or Everquest.

Most MMO players however started with Wow and that is what they like.

As long as there is alternatives don't you really have any reason to be sad because MMO vets and general players don't like the same games.

What this guy said.  If you started with WOW you may have a different view of how an MMO should be. I thinks we all just need to find an MMO we like and not worry about what people say. Enjoy your game!