Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you choose?

tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

Well to go along with my other post a question came to mind.

Due to the rather exited members here att mmorpg looking forward to either Gw2 or Swtor, I just have one question for you fans.

What would you choose?

-$2,000 USD cash

or

-Your game to release tomorow? (What i mean by tomorow is, The day after you read this post)

Asume that the game would be 100% ready, as intended with the statement "when its ready"

Rules are easy

-Try to stay on topic

-If you choose cash, please post Which of the two games your choosing it over

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me personaly, i would take the cash of either of the games.. But thats only so i could upgrade my computer even more than it is to further enjoy the graphics

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Are you actually offering cash?  I'll take it.

Patience is important for video gamers.  A game that is released too early always fails to impress people.  I can wait for both games to come out when they are ready.

• tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by syntax42

Are you actually offering cash?  I'll take it.

Patience is important for video gamers.  A game that is released too early always fails to impress people.  I can wait for both games to come out when they are ready.

Haha, no cash offerd. Ill edit my post to include that the release would be complete and working as intended with the 'when its ready' statement

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I'd take $2000 over any game that has been released or will be released in the future.  It would go a long way towards purchesing my motorcycle.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Staying 100% on topic with the title of this thread, I'd choose both Maryanne and Ginger at the same time.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Duh. $2,000 cash. Either game. Doesn't matter. You'd have to get down to like $50 or so before I started picking tomorrow as a release date over the money.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• YhisharaYhishara Member Posts: 10

Id choose the money.   I think people are hyping up SW:TOR too much and it will have the same basic problems as SWG.  It will simply not live up to the thoughts that Star Wars fans have in their heads of what a Star Wars adventure should be.   I also think that a few of the problems some of the playerbase has for SWG will be present in SW:TOR as well.  I have several examples -

One that it has several companies that are going to be calling the shots.   Which means conflicts.  Which means sometimes BioWare may have to make decisions that will detract from gameplay instead of add to it. 

EA is not a very good company when it comes to customer service that  I found. 

They also are fairly into the real money transactions (one thing that  many present day SWG players have a big problem with). 

Thats not to say that it wont hit the mark on anything - it will for sure.  But not for everyone in the present playerbase of SWG. 

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

$2000

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• QuasiRainQuasiRain Member Posts: 125

Money, of course. Stash it in the bank, then use it to purchase stuff in the game when it gets released. (like for P2W games)

<TBA>

• norophernoropher Member Posts: 1

i'd go for the game,  honestly

dont rly care for money

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

I would take the money.

Guild Wars 2 won't have any fees and I can pay it out of my own pocket. Money is a necessary thing in this world and nowhere does the question say I can't pay out of my own pocket. Unfortunately even a game that is ready still takes time to mature. Guild Wars II will be filled with Guild Wars I players who think they are elite and almighty thanks to all their Guild Wars I title accomplishments.

The thing I hate the most in MMORPGs is how a "Martial" Class has no way of "Self-Healing" outside of being a healer or using a crappy item that does next to nothing. In the real world a Soldier has more "medical training" than the rest of the population excluding non-doctors while Medics train for helping soldiers with the heaviest of wounds.

21st century and MMORPGs are still coding classes the be very Generalized and Stereotyped! :(

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I would take the game. Why? cause then i could have fun and enjoy my life. 2K won't really buy me much, granted it will give me some security but i have enough as it is.

2K will go pretty quick, especially now a days.  I'll have that money for a couple of months. The game i could have for at min 6 months.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• BloodyMariaBloodyMaria Member Posts: 22

$2,000!!! :D

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If you would have asked me 6 months ago I would have gone for GW2, but I think I could use the money better right now.

I can wait.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

2000$. :)

I'd pay 150$ to get any of these titles now though.

• cure01cure01 Member UncommonPosts: 291
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I could really use the cash right now to be honest. My new P.C broke down again for the second time in the three months I have owned it so could not played SW:Tor tomorow. Instead I would I spend the money on a rig thats cpu doesn't become misaligned when a sparrow farts next door..........Also I probably buy some cheese..........and a comic.........Oh and I need some new guitar strings for my 12 string.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

I'd take the cash because the games will come out eventually so I'll have both.

That's really the question. OP isn't asking you to choose which you want, but asking whether you want both cash and games, or just the games.

• Britz7Britz7 Member Posts: 5

I’ll go for the cash, upgrade your computer first. It’s useless if you choose the game if your computer sucks. How can you enjoy playing if your pc cannot provides you the good image that you want to enjoy the game.
  • WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Heh funny thread.  Cash obviously.  Games are one thing, but having $2000 would get me a nice vacation that I would probably remember forever.  Or a nice down payment for a new car which I do need.  Vacations and cars > video games :)

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

Cash, to add to the pool for a new car.  

Now if we were talking about the warhammer 40k game waay out on the horizon I'd take that game instead!

• emcdaffemcdaff Member Posts: 9

I'd go for the cash, then wait for the game to be released and then use the money to purchase rare, unique items in game.

• nyaricnyaric Member Posts: 12

honestly, i'll choose the cash...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

It seems like an odd choice but "ok".

Cash.

I would quit any game for 2k in cash. So taking Cash for not being able to play a game is fine with me.

It's a game, I'll find another.

Other than that the games I'm waiting for are Tera and Archage. Though I will be playing Rift (to come out soon) and SWToR.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo