Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on weapon proficiencies

ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304
Ok I have a 16 Warlock and it says I have specialization in Maces, swords etc.  But I cant use any of them.  The only thing i can seem to use is a dagger.  How do I get to equip a staff or sword?

-----------------Censored------------------

Comments

• FallenWishesFallenWishes Member Posts: 3

Well i'm guessing you're playing a Human, since one of their racial traits are Maces/Swords specialization. Basically what this does is give you +5 to their skill when you actually learn how to use maces or swords.

I forget if warlocks can use swords but if they can you will be able to learn how to use them by visiting the weapon master in stormwind. He's in the weapon shop in the trade district. Just ask one of the guards where the weapon master is and he'll be able to direct you.

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

Warlocks cannot use swords, but they can use 1 handed maces if my memory serves me correct. But like he said, you only get those bonus specializations after you go and physically train in the said skill at a trainer.
    I think that Warlocks can only use daggers and wands when they first start off.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304
    I see so you have to reach a lvl req. first before the training option shows up at the trainers?

• HypnotoadHypnotoad Member Posts: 138
    Warlocks can use staffs one handed swords and daggers, i do not believe that they can use maces. Each of the different weapons masters at each capital city will teach u a different type of weapon. So if u cant learn what u want at one of the cities head on over to another and see if u can learn it there. By the way staffs are known as staves

All glory to the Hypnotoad (monotone voices)

All glory to the Hypnotoad (monotone voices)

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304
    Yes "staffs" are know as "staves" in the real world also.  Theres no such word as "staffs".  Thx alot for the info :)