Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how's Pandora Saga? (Atlus's new MMO)

Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

http://pandorasaga.atlusonline.com/

Just went in beta last week I think, anybody here playing it can give us a very basic review?

edit :

NM, just found out its a f2p generic "japanese" grinder lol

Comments

• MetalFreak89MetalFreak89 Member Posts: 7

I am one of those guys who dont really get into heavy grind based games, but i will say that i find Pandora saga fun. In a sence its not liek all the other grind based games do to the fact that it is group based you acctually need a group to lvl up quickly and not have a problem with tougher enemies. After wow's success it seems every new mmorpg focuses on solo content then endgame. the meat of the game(getting to the max lv) are alwasy boring because you have to solo through thousands of quest with ease, but with Pandora Saga its diffrent because the conent is developed around grouping and a multiplayer game is finally multiplayer,

I also found there to be a nice selection of races so im nto stuck beign human. And i usually fall in love with any mmorpg that has a class branching system.

• anonentityanonentity Member UncommonPosts: 36

Micro review:

Logged in with no issues and created a character with ease. Choices weren't asounding but about on par with WoW for customization. The female amazon's looked od though, tiny head and huge body. Very odd.

NPC in front of character begins a 'Run here, Talk to Her' series of quests in which I am rewarded a Gambeson which I never could figure out where it went. wasn't in inventory nor was it on character.

Left city to go to wilderness and am presented with a bucolic farm area complete with farmers and maggots and flies to kill. Push one button to attack, maggots get low on health and squirm away requiring you to move forward ahead of them to kill them else they will squirm out of range. Did this for ten minutes or so while wandering around, made level 3 or 4 I think.

Logged out.

Uninstalled game.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Ciccero

Can you jump ?

Nope, and there is no need since you can walk up and hop down sheer angles.

/thread

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

The game is your generic MMO.  you get quests, you go out and kill things to get more powerful.  Another words nothing really special.  The big guys are interesting but they look awkward when they fight for some reason.  Probably has something to do with the animations.

Things i liked about the game:

Varying player races: You have a big hulking guy, a little rabbit type character, then your normal type characters.  The con of this is the characters remind me a little too much of FF14 character line up.

The idea of skill raising:

Every level you get a few skill points to put into your desired skill to raise the max learning point then use that skill to increase the skill level.  Allowing for a more diverse character.

Three factions

You have three factions fighting against each other, well two and the third is more of sabotaging the other two to win, but it's still 3 factions fighting against each other.

The biggest problems with this game are:

Graphics seem meh to me.  Some areas look interesting but nothing really shocked me. I liked the look of the Varik town though (I didn't see the other two sorry)

You have to run everywhere.

Okay i know this really shouldn't be a complaint but when you have to run an entire zone 20 times through the same set of mobs over and over again it gets, boring.  I'm not saying have a need for mounts, but a simple teleportation system would have been nice, and the bat wings (before anyone chimes in) aren't really that plentiful and for the trouble of getting them seem to be a waste (unless i missed a shop selling them somewhere)

Grinding

Gotta face it, your going to be doing a good bit of grinding in this game to get certain skills up and if you don't know what your doing when doing your skills your going to be starting all over again after a respec and grinding again, which takes a long time.

My basic thoughts on this game are:

Some good ideas are skill system and faction towns but overall a pretty generic MMO. If you played one before you know what to expect from this game.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

i would take care with this game as the installer attempts to install two trojans which most of the lower end virus checkers miss;  strong virus protection however picks them up and blocks them.  i have no idea what they do but they are not required for the game to work.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by eric1000

i would take care with this game as the installer attempts to install two trojans which most of the lower end virus checkers miss;  strong virus protection however picks them up and blocks them.  i have no idea what they do but they are not required for the game to work.

My guess would be it's some kind of cheat/hack protection software.

Lineage 2 had that problem with Gameguard for years. You'd have to go into your Antivirus program and add an exception for it, or it would quarantine the executable and you wouldn't be able to play the game.

It's a false flag because those kinds of applications have "patterns" that resemble some found in trojans and such.

I wouldn't worry about it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by MetalFreak89

I am one of those guys who dont really get into heavy grind based games, but i will say that i find Pandora saga fun. In a sence its not liek all the other grind based games do to the fact that it is group based you acctually need a group to lvl up quickly and not have a problem with tougher enemies. After wow's success it seems every new mmorpg focuses on solo content then endgame. the meat of the game(getting to the max lv) are alwasy boring because you have to solo through thousands of quest with ease, but with Pandora Saga its diffrent because the conent is developed around grouping and a multiplayer game is finally multiplayer,

I also found there to be a nice selection of races so im nto stuck beign human. And i usually fall in love with any mmorpg that has a class branching system.

That is a HUGE plus in my books,i am sick of these questing/solo games with really no grouping and little fun.

It is always more fun to play alongside others in a group ,killing stuff and getting to use all your various group mechanics and spells/abilities.Solo play always has less of everything,less buffs/less skills and becuase it is solo it is also proBably too easy and dies too quick,so little time to actually use all your arsenal of spells.

Grouping also makes one have to think a bit to control hate and work in conjunction with others.In all grouping just offers more to the game,more is better unless i want to play blind folded eating a sammy witch sipping on a energy drink lol,actually most of these solo based games,i can do exactly that.

Too bad i already have a great grouping game to play in FFXI,otherwise i would give this game a go.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.