Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Penalties

SystranSystran Member Posts: 105

I was wondering how the penalties applied for killing somebody a lot lower level than you. Before you yell at me to look in the book, I left it at school with the game so that'd be a little difficult at the moment.image But I wasn't sure how quickly that person's karma went down or whatever the manual said (I can't remember). Lemme know.

And to all you horde rogues who sneak up on me and gut my mage....I'm takin down names so just be rdy! imageimage Hah.

GL & HF all.

--Systran

-Warsong

Comments

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    There currently isn't one, so a lvl. 60 can kill all the lvl. 1s he likes. :) You only get dishonor points for killing lowbie NPCs not flagged for PvP, I think.

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

they have disabled the player vs player penalties... due to it being exploited. its currently in revamp.. but one warning.. do not EVER kill a griffin master lol, guy did this and is royally screwed... all factions hate him

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by DevilHawk
    they have disabled the player vs player penalties... due to it being exploited. its currently in revamp.. but one warning.. do not EVER kill a griffin master lol, guy did this and is royally screwed... all factions hate himimage

Ouch.

Yea, I wish the penalties were somewhat existent. Even the death penalty. I actually wouldn't mind if there was a experience loss when you died. I'm sure people would think strategy a little more if that were the case.

• SystranSystran Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by Rhevin

Ouch.

Yea, I wish the penalties were somewhat existent. Even the death penalty. I actually wouldn't mind if there was a experience loss when you died. I'm sure people would think strategy a little more if that were the case.

I dunno....I already get pretty upset when I have to run about 7 minutes to my corpse b/c it just happens to be the Farthest away from EVERYTHING. I'd probably flip out if I lost xp too. image But then again....you do have a point and i think it's a good idea.image

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    Go play EverCrap then since you love being punished.

• MatiorMatior Member Posts: 12

Lol Understandable that not all want the 'punishments' for dying, but lets be honest if there was a Xp loss attatched to it, people wouldn't act so 'low int' like all the time.

Now When i group, which is rare latly, i always see the '!@#$!@ Charge in no plan of attack not waiting who can take agro best, and most off all not checking if the healer/mages have enough mana.

*sighs* its just SAD and Annoying. With the penalty, (at least i hope) the Sillyness of many players would be inhibetet cause dying would be REAL annoying then Walk, lose xp, and Condition of items deteriate.

But i don't think that will happen, they removed it out of the beta so i don't think they will reaply it soon, but we can hope.

Gerard: Stop talking nonsense, Rastlin Majere is dead! Tas: So am I. You can’t let a little thing like that stop you. - Dragons of a Vanished Moon

Gerard: Stop talking nonsense, Rastlin Majere is dead! Tas: So am I. You can’t let a little thing like that stop you. - Dragons of a Vanished Moon

• flyngtrmptflyngtrmpt Member Posts: 227

[quote]Originally posted by Matior
    [b]Lol Understandable that not all want the 'punishments' for dying, but lets be honest if there was a Xp loss attatched to it, people wouldn't act so 'low int' like all the time.

Now When i group, which is rare latly, i always see the [email='!@#$]!@ Charge in no plan of attack not waiting who can take agro best, and most off all not checking if the healer/mages have enough mana.
    *sighs* its just SAD and Annoying. With the penalty, (at least i hope) the Sillyness of many players would be inhibetet cause dying would be REAL annoying then Walk, lose xp, and Condition of items deteriate.
    But i don't think that will happen, they removed it out of the beta so i don't think they will reaply it soon, but we can hope.

Gerard: Stop talking nonsense, Rastlin Majere is dead! Tas: So am I. You can’t let a little thing like that stop you. - Dragons of a Vanished Moon[/b][/quote]

I think they were referring to a PvP exp penalty. I would think a normal PvE exp loss wouldn't be too bad of a thing to impliment (I played D2 for a long time). I would not like a PvP exp loss though. I want to PvP for fun and not have to deal with the exp loss just because i happened to see someone of the opposing faction and i ran after them. I think the current no loss for PvP system is good, the reputations and honor points will work out for PvP reward/penalty system once they get put in.

~Flyngtrmpt

Koglar - Tauren Shaman - Bloodhoof Server - US EAST - WoW

Give me a shout in game for some cow stomping fun!!

~Flyngtrmpt

Mattimeo - Officer in Light Brigade - Daggerspine

Dwarf Rogue

• MatiorMatior Member Posts: 12

Im sorry you were right ;-) i should read the Head of the post better next time.

Indeed for PVP penaltys should be limited to almost none in myopinion only when rezz by spirit healer i would like to have a REzz sickness mainly cause the spirit healers are at times real close to the battle, Think barrows for example, there are probably more but i know only barrows and the one in ashenvale (if notmistaking)

So everything i said before this one was indeed meant for the PvE not PvP ;)

Again my apoligy